Article: Madison Cable Return to ND Next Year?? | The Boneyard

Article: Madison Cable Return to ND Next Year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Considering Muffet's stellar incoming class, I'm sure she would add needed experience but will she be given much playing time?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Considering Muffet's stellar incoming class, I'm sure she would add needed experience but will she be given much playing time?

NO! A VG Div 3 guard who has had more TV time than playing time.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

She starts in lieu of Loyd. She is an outstanding 'glue' player who will bring hustle, defense and efficiency without being a go to option. All of Notre Dame's incoming freshmen are very good players, but I do not see them beating out A seasoned veteran in Cable for a starting spot.

Reaction Score
She starts in lieu of Loyd. She is an outstanding 'glue' player who will bring hustle, defense and efficiency without being a go to option. All of Notre Dame's incoming freshmen are very good players, but I do not see them beating out A seasoned veteran in Cable for a starting spot.

there are 4 probable starters: Allen, Arike O, Reimer, and Turner

the 5th ? Cable, M Mabry, M Mabry, and Patberg

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
cferraro04 said:
What happened to Kathryn Westbeld???

And Michaela Mabry was a starter this season. Not sure she would lose that spot

Reaction Score
And Michaela Mabry was a starter this season. Not sure she would lose that spot

Michaela had a rough season 38% FG, and no mid-range game - or defense. She was a starter by default. Westbeld played post, however could play the 3- if she did, there would be no depth at the post.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Michaela had a rough season 38% FG, and no mid-range game - or defense. She was a starter by default. Westbeld played post, however could play the 3- if she did, there would be no depth at the post.
I'll bet the starters will include Brianna Turner, Taya Reimer, Lindsay Allen, and Michaela Mabrey. The 5th starter replacing Loyd will probably be a freshman and it could be Arike Ogunbowale. It will depend on how the freshmen make the transition to college ball, especially on the defensive end. Arike would be intriguing because she can generate her own shooting opportunities (much like Loyd). I doubt that Maddie Cable starts because you need that glue when the younger subs come in the game.

As for post players, I would think that redshirt sophomore Kristina Nelson (6'3") should get good minutes. She was a medical redshirt this season (shoulder) but displayed good touch around the basket in her freshman season and she takes up a lot of space in they paint. She also fouled far too frequently, but I am sure Carol Owens has been working with her on that. Thin Diamond Thompson (6'4" junior) has shown too much yet. I expect Katherine Westbeld will be the first post off the bench.

PG Allen is a given and she'll be backed up by Michaela Mabrey (if Allen gets in foul trouble) and Ali Patberg. The wings will be some combination of Michaela and Marina Mabrey, Arike, Mychal Johnson, Hannah Huffman, and Cable.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Michaela shot .403 from the arc and had a 1.8 A/TO ratio. I think she maintains her starting position, though she MAY lose a few minutes to the newcomers. Either Westbeld or Ogunbowale starts, in my opinion. Patberg is a possible as well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'll bet the starters will include Brianna Turner, Taya Reimer, Lindsay Allen, and Michaela Mabrey. The 5th starter replacing Loyd will probably be a freshman and it could be Arike Ogunbowale. It will depend on how the freshmen make the transition to college ball, especially on the defensive end. Arike would be intriguing because she can generate her own shooting opportunities (much like Loyd). I doubt that Maddie Cable starts because you need that glue when the younger subs come in the game.

As for post players, I would think that redshirt sophomore Kristina Nelson (6'3") should get good minutes. She was a medical redshirt this season (shoulder) but displayed good touch around the basket in her freshman season and she takes up a lot of space in they paint. She also fouled far too frequently, but I am sure Carol Owens has been working with her on that. Thin Diamond Thompson (6'4" junior) has shown too much yet. I expect Katherine Westbeld will be the first post off the bench.

PG Allen is a given and she'll be backed up by Michaela Mabrey (if Allen gets in foul trouble) and Ali Patberg. The wings will be some combination of Michaela and Marina Mabrey, Arike, Mychal Johnson, Hannah Huffman, and Cable.

There's still a ton of talent on this roster. Cable returning would be huge for the Irish, it was evident the team looked up to her this year and she is epitome of a great role player. Without Loyd, Notre Dame lacks a dynamic playmaker who can hit difficult shots and be a go to, but I think the Irish will have a more balanced attack next year and will get more production from Allen/Turner/Reimer. A good off season from Turner could lead to her being the nation's premier center next season. Still a Final Four team in my book, just not a title threat to UCONN anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom