AROD | The Boneyard

AROD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What a P.O.S. he's turned out to be, no? As a Sox fan, I was wrapped up in the Great A-ROD Watch of 2003. In hindsight, I've never been so happy about a trade that was never consummated (or at least annulled ATF).

Husky25

Reaction Score
We all know how you feel about Johnny Gomes. The difference is a fans' hearsay circumstantial evidence vs. an admission of guilt by the player himself.

13 other players are serving long suspensions. What make A-Rod so special? I love how he said he'll sue MLB if they uphold the suspension. That's laughable. MLB's For-the-good-of-the-game clause gives them virtual card blanche' to do almost anything (risking only reprisal from the most powerful labor union in the world). Of course the Union does not support A-Rod or the other 13 players in this matter.

Reaction Score
We all know how you feel about Johnny Gomes. The difference is a fans' hearsay circumstantial evidence vs. an admission of guilt by the player himself.

13 other players are serving long suspensions. What make A-Rod so special? I love how he said he'll sue MLB if they uphold the suspension. That's laughable. MLB's For-the-good-of-the-game clause gives them virtual card blanche' to do almost anything (risking only reprisal from the most powerful labor union in the world). Of course the Union does not support A-Rod or the other 13 players in this matter.

Not talking about Gomes here.......;)........Red Sox should keep their players mouths shut about this after all just like the Yanks, they have a couple of banners in the 2000's with documented cheaters!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not talking about Gomes here.......;)........Red Sox should keep their players mouths shut about this after all just like the Yanks, they have a couple of banners in the 2000's with documented cheaters!
well the only other player referenced in the article you linked was John Lackey. He sure is ugly, but I've never heard him in connection with PEDs. I know you suspect Gomes, so I assumed. I guess that make me a donkey. :( (I've been called worse).

Reaction Score
well the only other player referenced in the article you linked was John Lackey. He sure is ugly, but I've never heard him in connection with PEDs. I know you suspect Gomes, so I assumed. I guess that make me a donkey. :( (I've been called worse).

I didn't say he did PED's nor do I think he did or does........no donkey maybe a jacka**!! LOL........all good....Yanks can't hit him hard enough this weekend.......

Reaction Score
Red Sox players are not the only ones talking. Quite a few around MLB bashing Braun as well. Don't blame the players. They are closer to it and they are affected by it. No issue with Reggie Jackson bashing ARod earlier this year either. This isn't a Red Sox - Yankee thing. It's a baseball thing.

Reaction Score
Red Sox players are not the only ones talking. Quite a few around MLB bashing Braun as well. Don't blame the players. They are closer to it and they are affected by it. No issue with Reggie Jackson bashing ARod earlier this year either. This isn't a Red Sox - Yankee thing. It's a baseball thing.

Of course they are affected by it........It was okay for Peralta and Cruz to keep hitting HRs when they knew and play 110-120 games??? This is an ARod thing not a baseball thing.........there's probably at least 30-40% of players using something anyway as we speak and they're playing let's not pretend they got everyone!

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...rt-associates-leaked-names-biogenesis-scandal

He did a good job on this interview for sure...............all the right things!

Michael Kay was ranting on this a while last night and actually used Papi in comparison. He said something to the point of Papi's name came up on the list everyone knows he was on it and when Papi was asked he answered "I don't know anything about it" and it was pretty much dropped and he's a "nice guy" and Alex isn't?? We obviously know that Alex is a bit more arrogant (not buy much though) and more flamboyant but the point he made is well taken........

Oh and who the hell does Mike Carp think he is? LOL.........

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...rt-associates-leaked-names-biogenesis-scandal

He did a good job on this interview for sure...............all the right things!

Michael Kay was ranting on this a while last night and actually used Papi in comparison. He said something to the point of Papi's name came up on the list everyone knows he was on it and when Papi was asked he answered "I don't know anything about it" and it was pretty much dropped and he's a "nice guy" and Alex isn't?? We obviously know that Alex is a bit more arrogant (not buy much though) and more flamboyant but the point he made is well taken........

I'm a Mets fan so I don't care one way or the other in the great Yankees/Red Sox border war...........

I was thinking the same thing regarding ARod vs. Ortiz.

I'm no Arod fan he should get what he gets but I was laughing at all the signs last night about Arod when Ortiz is sitting in the other dugout.

That sentiment is even going on on the same team-Pettite and ARod.

I guess the difference is one is likeable and the other isn't(which I get) from a popularity standpoint.

That "list" should be published by MLB get it all out on the table.

Reaction Score
I'm a Mets fan so I don't care one way or the other in the great Yankees/Red Sox border war...........

I was thinking the same thing regarding ARod vs. Ortiz.

I'm no Arod fan he should get what he gets but I was laughing at all the signs last night about Arod when Ortiz is sitting in the other dugout.

That sentiment is even going on on the same team-Pettite and ARod.

I guess the difference is one is likeable and the other isn't(which I get) from a popularity standpoint.

That "list" should be published by MLB get it all out on the table.

Met's fan? Thought you were a Katz Sport Shop fan growing up? LOL..............so you were never involved in the Sox/Yanks screaming matches at Fortes, Hanover House, Brookside, Cloverleaf etc etc ..........;)

Reaction Score
Met's fan? Thought you were a Katz Sport Shop fan growing up? LOL..............so you were never involved in the Sox/Yanks screaming matches at Fortes, Hanover House, Brookside, Cloverleaf etc etc ..........;)

I know being a Mets fan is an acquired taste.
But thats what happens when you're a kid and Castle Craig blocks every signal(pre cable-the dark ages)only allows you to get channel 3 and 8. And the Mets were on 8.

Just stood back and watched the Yankees and Sox fans go at it. I'm like a referee.:)

Reaction Score
Isn't this the kind of stuff that baseball thrives on? I admit I don't watch baseball because it is an incredibly slow and boring sport with second tier athletes. But I do read the stories about all of baseball controversies because I find them interesting. I guess it is like rubbernecking at a car wreck. I often wonder if baseball scripts some of this stuff to keep the remaining interest in baseball up, like pro wrestling or reality shows.

Reaction Score
Isn't this the kind of stuff that baseball thrives on? I admit I don't watch baseball because it is an incredibly slow and boring sport with second tier athletes. But I do read the stories about all of baseball controversies because I find them interesting. I guess it is like rubbernecking at a car wreck. I often wonder if baseball scripts some of this stuff to keep the remaining interest in baseball up, like pro wrestling or reality shows.

"2nd tier athletes"?? Funny as hell....you must have sucked at baseball huh?.....nobody ever picked you?

Reaction Score
What a P.O.S. he's turned out to be, no? As a Sox fan, I was wrapped up in the Great A-ROD Watch of 2003. In hindsight, I've never been so happy about a trade that was never consummated (or at least annulled ATF).

I forget who it was, but I heard an interview on ESPN Radio with one of their baseball guys shortly after the suspension/appeal story broke. This guy's opinion was that, since A-Rod decided to appeal, details of the evidence that MLB gathered would start to leak out, making him look even worse.

Maybe we would have heard about how he ratted out other players, including a teammate, if he didn't appeal. Maybe not. We'll see if more information comes out in the future.

Reaction Score
I'm miffed by the Sox fans reaction this weekend. A-Rod deserves a standing O every time he comes to bat at Fenway. Even if he homers.
What he's done to the Yankees brand can't be put into words. As a Sox fan, I approve of the man and am fully in his corner.

Reaction Score
I'm miffed by the Sox fans reaction this weekend. A-Rod deserves a standing O every time he comes to bat at Fenway. Even if he homers.
What he's done to the Yankees brand can't be put into words. As a Sox fan, I approve of the man and am fully in his corner.

I expect them to boo him why wouldn't they? They did before the stories came out.........not sure of your point here!! He's done nothing to the "Yankee brand" I guess unless you are a whacked Sox fan........it's still the best brand in baseball not sure what you're thinking!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yanks are 8-3 when ARoid plays. 5 of those games against the Sox and Tigers. The Yanks are 4-1 in those games.

Without him they are probably 5-6 in those games.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yanks are 8-3 when ARoid plays. 5 of those games against the Sox and Tigers. The Yanks are 4-1 in those games.

10-3. Season is getting sweet.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

9-3. Didn't play in Wednesday's win.

Season is getting sweet.

Reaction Score
The B
The Brookside, now that brings back memories. I've been overserved there many times.

Reaction Score
The B

The Brookside, now that brings back memories. I've been overserved there many times.

Wow you used to hang there back in the day Danzz? You were overserved by potentially my brother, Rick Fahey or some of the regualr bartenders of years past......It was the only one open 2-3am for a while so that hour was nuts in there.........a buddy actually got stabbed there by a Diablo during the after hours early 80's....:confused:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
......It was the only one open 2-3am for a while so that hour was nuts in there.........a buddy actually got stabbed there by a Diablo during the after hours early 80's....:confused:

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak