Arod part of new drug investgation | The Boneyard

Arod part of new drug investgation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Evidence from a closed Miami clinic apparently implicates Arod.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Add Gio Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon to the list of names found in the notebook.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
ARod said he did them in Tejas between 2001 and 2003. This notebook starts in 2009. :eek:

Reaction Score
ARod said he did them in Tejas between 2001 and 2003. This notebook starts in 2009. :eek:

I'm guessing that will be the approach the Yankee's lawyers take when attempting to void A-rod's contract.

Reaction Score
What an incredible break for the Yankees if they can void his contract. They could go back to trying to build a winner again.

Reaction Score
He'll probably get his 50 games (does he get to serve it when he's on the DL? Id think not but who knows)..but if the Yankees think they are going to win a battle against the players union, I wouldn't be so sure. This is the same union that wouldn't let him give a red cent back when he tried to restructure his deal to go to Boston at the end of '03.

Verducci wrote a piece today describing A-Rod's whole 2009 season as fraudulent..discussed how quickly he recovered from his hip surgery and how well he performed after it (with the help of a doctor who has had run-ins with the law) and then moving on to these FL druglords/make-up artists to use during the season.

Ironic that it was 2009 when he became a "True Yankee". Is there any NY fan anywhere that roots for this guy and wants him to stay in pinstripes? Anyone?

Reaction Score
He'll probably get his 50 games (does he get to serve it when he's on the DL? Id think not but who knows)..but if the Yankees think they are going to win a battle against the players union, I wouldn't be so sure. This is the same union that wouldn't let him give a red cent back when he tried to restructure his deal to go to Boston at the end of '03.

Verducci wrote a piece today describing A-Rod's whole 2009 season as fraudulent..discussed how quickly he recovered from his hip surgery and how well he performed after it (with the help of a doctor who has had run-ins with the law) and then moving on to these FL druglords/make-up artists to use during the season.'re an ass ho*le

Ironic that it was 2009 when he became a "True Yankee". Is there any NY fan anywhere that roots for this guy and wants him to stay in pinstripes? Anyone?

Ironic that you"re such an a**wipe that you believe that any of your championships were any different you piece of ....Damon, Millar, Pedro, Papi??? C'mon dude are you that dumbn? Guessing YES!!

Reaction Score
The Yanks got exactly what they deserved. There is no way to void the contract and I hope they have fun marketing all those historic home runs coming up. That asanine contract had everything to do with celebrity, marketing and page six b.s. According to Francona's book the Sox were after the exact same thing. Ive never been happier to be a Rays fans where its all about baseball.

Reaction Score
The Yanks got exactly what they deserved. There is no way to void the contract and I hope they have fun marketing all those historic home runs coming up. That asanine contract had everything to do with celebrity, marketing and page six b.s. According to Francona's book the Sox were after the exact same thing. Ive never been happier to be a Rays fans where its all about baseball.
The Rays are all about baseball but apparently that isn't enough to get fans to buy tickets. They don't even sell out for playoff games so maybe the Rays need to rexamine their marketing strategy. Unprofitable businesses eventually disappear. Think about that the next time you are driving down Dale Mabry Blvd.
I read all of Francona's book and the celebrity thing was one meeting of many. It is getting way too much emphasis.

Reaction Score
The Rays are all about baseball but apparently that isn't enough to get fans to buy tickets. They don't even sell out for playoff games so maybe the Rays need to rexamine their marketing strategy. Unprofitable businesses eventually disappear. Think about that the next time you are driving down Dale Mabry Blvd.
I read all of Francona's book and the celebrity thing was one meeting of many. It is getting way too much emphasis.
You make a good point but if you took the entire Rays team and relocated it to Boston, the streak of sold-out games would begin anew. On the other hand the Sox in Tampa would not sell well.

Reaction Score

That contract had everything to do with Hank Steinbrenner being completely out of his depth, and being outmaneuvered by Boras on a historic scale.

NY has two shots at getting out from under the deal - declare him medically unable to play, and have insurance pick up most of the bill or try to wage war against the union in voiding the deal. I've read that there are, in fact, legal strategies to attempt the latter, focusing on misrepresentations ARod may have made to the team and to the doctors treating him (which would affect his ability to perform). NY apparently thought seriously about challenging Giambi, and Levine is aggressive enough to take a shot at ARod.

It's all about baseball in Tampa, huh? That "celebrity, marketing and page six b.s." is what keeps your team on the field. Absent revenue sharing and the luxury tax - with NY kicking in the lion's share of the latter - the Rays would not be a financially feasible franchise.

Reaction Score

I avoid Dale Mabry so I don't have to lay me eyes on the corporate eye sore of Steinbrenner Field.

Reaction Score
That contract had everything to do with Hank Steinbrenner being completely out of his depth, and being outmaneuvered by Boras on a historic scale.

NY has two shots at getting out from under the deal - declare him medically unable to play, and have insurance pick up most of the bill or try to wage war against the union in voiding the deal. I've read that there are, in fact, legal strategies to attempt the latter, focusing on misrepresentations ARod may have made to the team and to the doctors treating him (which would affect his ability to perform). NY apparently thought seriously about challenging Giambi, and Levine is aggressive enough to take a shot at ARod.

It's all about baseball in Tampa, huh? That "celebrity, marketing and page six b.s." is what keeps your team on the field. Absent revenue sharing and the luxury tax - with NY kicking in the lion's share of the latter - the Rays would not be a financially feasible franchise.

Typical ESPN, northeast bias, elitist driven viewpoint. If not for the great Yankees small market teams wouldn't exist? No one tells the Yanks to spend 100 mill on an infield or to pay set up men 10 mil a year. The price you pay? Tampa gets some extra coin to try to defeat you, while working class Yankee fans are forced to pay Broadway prices to attend a game. A family of four could go on a Bahamas cruise for the price of a day at the mall..I mean stadium with good seats.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tampa is an of a city.

Every winter, rich people from the northeast bring sacks of cash to keep you sad sacks fed and clothed for the rest of the year.

Your baseball team is a welfare queen and you are an unwashed, semi-literate clam shucker.

Be thankful we tolerate your inane bandwagony horse s*** every year.

Reaction Score
Tampa is an of a city.

Every winter, rich people from the northeast bring sacks of cash to keep you sad sacks fed and clothed for the rest of the year.

Your baseball team is a welfare queen and you are an unwashed, semi-literate clam shucker.

Be thankful we tolerate your inane bandwagony horse s*** every year.

This coming from a Minnesota Viking fan. Real good contribution chief, now go back to the college board to continue the groundbreaking monthly thread of who has the best calzones in Connecticut. You garlic breath, purple a@@, tobacco picker.

Reaction Score
Typical ESPN, northeast bias, elitist driven viewpoint. If not for the great Yankees small market teams wouldn't exist? No one tells the Yanks to spend 100 mill on an infield or to pay set up men 10 mil a year. The price you pay? Tampa gets some extra coin to try to defeat you, while working class Yankee fans are forced to pay Broadway prices to attend a game. A family of four could go on a Bahamas cruise for the price of a day at the mall..I mean stadium with good seats.

Not all small market teams - just Tampa. No one, aside from you and a few others, gives a **** about the Rays. They ranked 30th out of 30 teams in attendance last year.

Reaction Score
Not all small market teams - just Tampa. No one, aside from you and a few others, gives a **** about the Rays. They ranked 30th out of 30 teams in attendance last year.

But still managed to win 10 of 18 vs. the mighty Yanks.

Reaction Score
Imagine how happy you'll be if the Rays win a World Series while they're still in Tampa.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This coming from a Minnesota Viking fan. Real good contribution chief, now go back to the college board to continue the groundbreaking monthly thread of who has the best calzones in Connecticut. You garlic breath, purple a@@, tobacco picker.

You're a vile human being...I've never even had a calzone.

I'm actually not even sure what a calzone is. And I don't live in Connecticut. And I have never picked tobacco.

Unfortunately, the Viking stuff is all true. I can't even imagine what a Viking bandwagon would look like - probably like one of those broken-down buses in Bangladesh with 37 people and a dozen goats on the roof.

Reaction Score
Come on Sink, you can't talk about the Yanks stadium when the Rays play in the hideous monstrosity that is Tropicana Field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom