ARMY! | The Boneyard

ARMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
On the verge of an amazing win over BC/sending UConn & BC on dual coaching searches.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
On the verge of an amazing win over BC/sending UConn & BC on dual coaching searches.
HA! Army ends an 8 game skid against the Thunderchickens. Today wasnt all bad.

Reaction Score
Same Army team that lost at home to Stony Brook by 20 points last week. Couldn't have picked a nicer team to get redemption on.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why are those no-talent assclowns in a position to block UConn from entry into the ACC again?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I would like to thank Army for making my weekend worthwhile. After today's loss I'm totally down on UConn football and it's future. Army winning may me realize it's not as bad as it could be. We could lose to Army....thank you BC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would like to thank Army for making my weekend worthwhile. After today's loss I'm totally down on UConn football and it's future. Army winning may me realize it's not as bad as it could be. We could lose to Army....thank you BC.

It is literally the only redeeming aspect of this wretched f#$king day...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Football Saturdays are brutal when you lose the noon game. Evan Williams is calling my name.

Great friend to share your miseries with. Mr. Williams is a good listener and is more smoth than even Keith Stone.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Duke has 5 wins in FB at the start of the second half of the season.

duke plays in the acc. the difference between the acc and big east is this

one league has a couple top teams and 4 or 5 bottom teams
the other has 2 top teams and then a ton of bottom teams and is taking more bottom teams from the first league becuase bottom teams hang out together.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

We are is such dire straights I can't take any pleasure from this.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Obviously didn't root against my alma mater but happy for the cadets. Apparently if they win, they don't have curfew for the night.

Apathy is a beautiful thing. Had a nice day at West Point.

Don't worry you guys are about a year away from this state, embrace it.
Did Spaz get fired on the way home? I guess you would need an AD in place to make that happen.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The ACC has a losing record in non-conference games against FBS opponents.

Reaction Score
Sounds like BC has picked an AD, Boo Corrigan from Army. They waited till after the game to avoid the unnecessary awkwardness. Press conf scheduled for Tuesday.

Notre Dame grad, son of former ACC commissioner

Reaction Score
Notre Dame grad, son of former ACC commissioner

Hey - did you get that from "a jerseyguy"? He's been pushing in that direction, now seems to be waffling a bit today.

Reaction Score
Hey - did you get that from "a jerseyguy"? He's been pushing in that direction, now seems to be waffling a bit today.
...part of the USMA press release when he was hired there......

Reaction Score
Obviously didn't root against my alma mater but happy for the cadets. Apparently if they win, they don't have curfew for the night.

Apathy is a beautiful thing. Had a nice day at West Point.

Don't worry you guys are about a year away from this state, embrace it.

post......"We're bad and you guys will be soon"

Make no mistake about it, GDF and Fr. Leahy do not exist at UCONN. There's a big difference between struggling during a season and flawed leadership. Big difference.......

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
As for the Blauds AD comments, he's thrown about 50 names against the wall, waiting for BC to hire someone so he can point "told you so!". From other things I've heard it'll be Corrigan.

You can criticize me all you want. You're on the same track as we were in Spaz year 2.

They were both hired for the same reason (program lost a popular coach, hired as one to steady the ship, not a long term solution, etc)
Year 1: Disappointing, some grumbling nothing happens
Year 2: Squeak out a bowl, more grumbling. Talk of how boring the product is, boycotting till coach is replaced, etc. Ultimately coach isn't fired after making some no name bowl
Year 3: Bottom out, even more apathy sets in.

The difference will be if you give PP a 4th year, BC did despite cries otherwise

Now with Leahy, he doesn't give a about sports. But he's overseen tremendous growth at the school, endowment has shot up, tremendous building around campus, now a top 35 university nationally. Would I want him to pay more attention to the athletic side? Sure, but it is a university, not an athletic franchise.

this is why i want to cut this all off right now and have a fresh look to us this winter. fans need to go hard at warde now or it will never happen...

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Football Saturdays are brutal when you lose the noon game. Evan Williams is calling my name.
I hear that but I tend to drink a lot of grey goose after a disappointing loss

Reaction Score
As for the Blauds AD comments, he's thrown about 50 names against the wall, waiting for BC to hire someone so he can point "told you so!". From other things I've heard it'll be Corrigan.

You can criticize me all you want. You're on the same track as we were in Spaz year 2.

They were both hired for the same reason (program lost a popular coach, hired as one to steady the ship, not a long term solution, etc)
Year 1: Disappointing, some grumbling nothing happens
Year 2: Squeak out a bowl, more grumbling. Talk of how boring the product is, boycotting till coach is replaced, etc. Ultimately coach isn't fired after making some no name bowl
Year 3: Bottom out, even more apathy sets in.

The difference will be if you give PP a 4th year, BC did despite cries otherwise

Now with Leahy, he doesn't give a about sports. But he's overseen tremendous growth at the school, endowment has shot up, tremendous building around campus, now a top 35 university nationally. Would I want him to pay more attention to the athletic side? Sure, but it is a university, not an athletic franchise.

GDF was allowed to reside over a debacle that included moving out successful coaches in football and mens and womens hoops to replace them with folks who at best were either unproven or incompetent. The Jags fiasco was without precedent in any behavior I had ever seen in college athletics and pretty much screwed GDF from dealing effectively with named coaches.

His focus on excluding UCONN from the ACC seemed to take precedence to just about everything else to the point that his public comments required rescinding within 24 hours by him at the demands of ESPN.

In other fine moments, he resided over the "resignation" of BC's women's hockey coach who by all accounts was having an inappropriate relationship with one of his players. Thanking that coach for his tenure on the way out the door.

Insular and small...........is not UCONN. Not by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom