Arm strength... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arm strength...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what really needs to be talked about in this thread isn't happening. whitmer has developed over the year, some results may not show that but he passes the eye test if u will. he moves in the pocket well and gets out better then i though he would considering the ol this year. he makes some great reads and some tragic ones also. a good amount of the year gdl has taken away opportunities for him to score by running the wildcat or other bs instead of letting him fade to smith/phillips/davis or hit a tight end on a slant. he also has a couple of bs picks like a deflection one and the umass crazy one, and also the staff forced him a couple of times into bad spots. so his td/int numbers are a bit misleading but he is clearly a work in progress. that being said he is only a soph and we have him, our best 2 wr's, 1 rb and 1 fb for the next 2 years all together on O. based off recruiting so farunder P i think we can fill in around that base very well and see the best O we have ever had in 2014 potentially starting in a new conf(if not sooner...).
the one thing i have noticed is that he has a weak at times arm. now for sure the kid could me up in the parking lot(not really) but as a average bcs qb it seems he needs to hit the weight room hard this off season. several times he has faded away throwing and not got enough on those throws to put them out of bounds or in certain spots. he also has throw 2 brutal ducks for picks where he had to much under it becuase his line drive wouldnt have the volocity to reach distance wise. if he can hit the weight room hard and get some 1 else to call plays, we will be in good shape for michigan.

Reaction Score
It's also harder to throw in the cold weather and windy conditions. But yes he was throwing some ducks out there. I really haven't had a problem with his throwing power though. His deep balls can use some work, but slants and seam passes he has enough on it.

Reaction Score
Whitmer was clearly superior in the spring game, won the job in the summer and now he's going to lose that job to the guy he beat out or an incoming freshman that has yet to face a FBS college defense? I don't buy it.
The biggest knock on Whitmer, as previously stated is the INT's but I think that can be blamed in part by trying to make something happen to overcome the spotty blocking and lack of a solid running game.
I say be glad you only bet $100

Reaction Score
I honestly think its more likely that the bet pushes, as opposed to Whaler losing.

There is a decent chance Lagow never signs his LOI. Lot of question marks on Casey, not the least of which is that he spent his entire redshirt year hurt.

Also - keep in mind that starting a freshman is almost a foolproof method to go 4-8 and get PP the pink slip. He'll start the upperclassman to save his skin.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I think he's the type of QB that looks good when we fall behind early and are forced to throw. In that scenario the pressure is off, and the constant throwing allows him to get into a groove. Today, trying to nurse a 10 point lead he was horrible. The only thing I could say to defend him was that every pattern was a short one. I don't know. Hopefully, at the very least, Casey Cochran really pushes him next year. Steel sharpens Steel.
Two things... #1, we had a whole half to play against the best offense in the BE. 10 points wasn't a lead to sit on it. Not his fault though. #2. He has to throw short, because he gives it away every long pass. The ONLY long passes he can make are the TE seam patterns, and for the life of me I don't know why we don't do them 10 more times per game.

Reaction Score
Commitments don't come through a decent percentage of the time, and there is still a moderate chance that we have coaching turnover.

Okay - I get the no recruit is committed till the LOI is signed and faxed.

Lagow will be in the house on Saturday for his visit. He's pretty pumped about UConn and goes back and forth with other class recruits on a regular basis. I bet the kid/dad drops a few benjamins @ the Coop on paraphernailia before he leaves back for Plano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom