(Arkeel) Newsome piles on yardage, history at Ansonia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(Arkeel) Newsome piles on yardage, history at Ansonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time for the elephant in the room question. Is Arkeel committed to the coaching staff or to UConn?

Kris can weigh in but he is committed to UConn - wants to play in front of family and friends (there is a WTNH Sportz Edge video in another thread where he mentions it). A player with his speed/vision/power is welcome by any coach.

Reaction Score
I just watched Tom Lemmings show from last week and the first player he talked about was Arkeel. He said he rates him as a 4 star wingback and that Arkeel is going to be in highlights for next season as an impact freshman. Also said that Arkeel is 5'7 1/2 but is thick in the legs and very explosive.

Reaction Score
Time for the elephant in the room question. Is Arkeel committed to the coaching staff or to UConn?

I would imagine hes committed to the school since its his only scholarship offer, not like he has alot of options to go elsewhere

Reaction Score
I would imagine hes committed to the school since its his only scholarship offer, not like he has alot of options to go elsewhere

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Arkeel would have no problem finding a FBS school to take him.

Reaction Score
This BC loser is still allowed to troll here. Unbelievable.

Rutgers trolls enjoy coming here so much they started their own club. BC fans would be next but they are having trouble finding enough people to care.
TrollsRUs-TrollsRUsTrollingVideo1PrankCallingRuneZoneYt991-537.jpg

Reaction Score
I have no affiliation to Boston College. Just making a point based on pure fact. He has no offers to go anywhere else. If any other D1 programs had offered then maybe he would "have no problem going elsewhere" but alas, that is not the case. The crown jewel of the Yukon recruiting program under pp is a mediocre 5'7 running back with no other division 1 offers. All fact

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I have no affiliation to Boston College. Just making a point based on pure fact. He has no offers to go anywhere else. If any other D1 programs had offered then maybe he would "have no problem going elsewhere" but alas, that is not the case. The crown jewel of the Yukon recruiting program under pp is a mediocre 5'7 running back with no other division 1 offers. All fact

I want to know who liked one of this dck's posts.

Reaction Score

Yeah keep saying you have no affiliation with BCU. And that 5'7 runningback was a Jr All-American last yr. He'll have more offers after a couple more games.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah keep saying you have no affiliation with BCU. And that 5'7 runningback was a Jr All-American last yr. He'll have more offers after a couple more games.

He's a Husky. He doesn't need more offers to justify himself to me.

numbers-dont-lie-300x225.jpg

Reaction Score
Newsome carried 11 times for 309 yards, 3TD (70, 58, 59). He also caught a 38 yd TD pass in Ansonia's 62-13 victory over Holy Cross. Holy Cross led 13-7 midway through the first quarter before Ansonia scored 55 unanswered points. Ansonia led 49-13 at the half. Newsome has yet to play a down in the second half.

Through 3 games, Newsome has 657 yards on just 30 carries (21.9 y/c) and 10 rushing TDs.

Ansonia sophomore RB Tajik Bagley (5'11, 172) accounted for 4 TDs (23, 4, 53 yds rushing and a 70 yd reception)

Reaction Score
This was your post in the BC vs USC-Don Brown's D thread:
"Wow a thread about BC. This was quick. Envious much ??"

And you say you have NO affiliation with BC? You are a BC troll! Nice try FCKSTICK!

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
This was your post in the BC vs USC-Don Brown's D thread:
"Wow a thread about BC. This was quick. Envious much ??"

And you say you have NO affiliation with BC? You are a BC troll! Nice try FCKSTICK!

This says nothing about my affiliation to any institution. I was simply pointing to the fact that the number of threads on this message board related to BC and Providence, both superior programs in their applicable sports (and academically), shows how envious/insecure all of you are.

As for newsome and the guy who says a ucon offer is enough justification for him, you're entire roster is full of crap with JUST A YUKON OFFER, how's that working for you now. Wake up everyone, enjoy the trip back to FCS

Reaction Score
This says nothing about my affiliation to any institution. I was simply pointing to the fact that the number of threads on this message board related to BC and Providence, both superior programs in their applicable sports (and academically), shows how envious/insecure all of you are.

As for newsome and the guy who says a ucon offer is enough justification for him, you're entire roster is full of crap with JUST A YUKON OFFER, how's that working for you now. Wake up everyone, enjoy the trip back to FCS

Providence a superior sport in basketball...are you serious..get off the crack pipe ducku_*kstick! Right now BC has a coach that may have some sort of a clue...but until that hire we had them too!

You just showed yourself as a troll again with the "you're entire roster" comment..give it up!

Reaction Score
Providence a superior sport in basketball...are you serious..get off the crack pipe ducku_*kstick! Right now BC has a coach that may have some sort of a clue...but until that hire we had them too!

You just showed yourself as a troll again with the "you're entire roster" comment..give it up!

You keep referring to me as a troll, but please explain to me how anything I have said is anything but factual. I said Newsome had no other 1A offers. TRUE. I said that the roster is full of guys with no other 1A offers. TRUE. I said that PC is dominating ucon recently, TRUE on recruiting trail.

Call me a troll if that helps you sleep at night, just relaying FACTS. Basketball will flounder around for a few years but eventually these kids arent going to want to play in the AAC/a mid major. Football is a dead man walking and beyond repair, but keep thinking youre a real program. Keep starting threads about coaches/recruits you have no chance with and a new thread every time someone decides to transfer that he will come to ucon. Its just getting sad

Reaction Score
You keep referring to me as a troll, but please explain to me how anything I have said is anything but factual. I said Newsome had no other 1A offers. TRUE. I said that the roster is full of guys with no other 1A offers. TRUE. I said that PC is dominating ucon recently, TRUE on recruiting trail.

Call me a troll if that helps you sleep at night, just relaying FACTS. Basketball will flounder around for a few years but eventually these kids arent going to want to play in the AAC/a mid major. Football is a dead man walking and beyond repair, but keep thinking youre a real program. Keep starting threads about coaches/recruits you have no chance with and a new thread every time someone decides to transfer that he will come to ucon. Its just getting sad
Are you a UCONN fan or not? Everything you post says no...you must be a PC fan with your "dominating ucon on the recruiting trail" comment..it's UCONN NOT ucon. Not being a UCONN fan and coming here to stir the pot is being a troll! And by the way the next big game Ed Cooley wins will be his first! Do us all a favor and take your troll a_s_s off our boards!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He who should not be named should be ignored and he/she will go away once and for all.​
Arkeel he is a talent that Lemming says is a four star and others say is a three star at worst.​

Reaction Score
Newsome had 15 carries for 164 yards, 3 TD in the first half. Ansonia leads Wilby 27-0. Newsome has added a 30-yard TD and an INT. A few minutes into the second half Ansonia leads 40-0.

Reaction Score
Newsome 17 carries, 203 yards, 4 TDs after 3Q

Reaction Score
Well, Arkeel Newsome finally played into the 3Q, recording 2 carries for 39 yards, 1 TD, and an INT on defense before calling it a night. Ansonia (4-0) won 47-14. Newsome now has 47 carries for 860 yards (18.3 y/c) and 14 TDs on the season.

Ansonia's next 3 opponents:
10/11 @ Derby (4-0) 7:00PM
10/17 vs. Masuk (4-0) 6:30PM
10/25 @ Wolcott (3-1) 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads