Are you kidding me that we don't get one of these? | The Boneyard

Are you kidding me that we don't get one of these?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
D

Deleted member 3149

It's a bummer, but there's a reason:

Kyle Muncy ‏@UConnTrademark 39m
@BpenfieldJ We just were apart of one two seasons ago, the slate gray jerseys. The rebrand was the focus for this season.

Kyle Muncy ‏@UConnTrademark 38m
@StormSurge UConn focus for 2013-14 was the new brand.

Kyle Muncy ‏@UConnTrademark 30m
@StormSurge I love the retro stuff as much as you, but the focus will likely be on new marks at least through next year. But, I hear ya!

I guess that makes a little more sense. Business is business, fair enough!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
we better have some damn fine jerseys next year.

Also, I swear they developed the new logo just to increase the demand for the retro stuff. they must have made a killing on those 1959 shirts

Reaction Score
Not sure how Oregon can be called "dominant" - they haven't made the Final Four since the Wizard of Oz was in theaters (seriously).

Reaction Score
The throwback stuff kills me - I love it. Sucks we aren't involved in this but it does make sense with the rebranding.

We need to step up our uniform game, they've gotten progressively worse since we ditched our classic 1996-2006 style. Those grey slate ones were the best design, they woulda looked good in our traditional colors as our main uniforms.

Reaction Score
Our 96-06 style was our version of the UNC argyle. Sad it went away

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Didn't we have alternate gray jerseys for the 2008-2010 seasons?

Reaction Score
You can always catch our throwbacks on Championship films BE and NCAAs. They are all over youtube and the NCAA vault.

Can't say the same for a lot of the other schools. I'm okay with it. Nike is overrated anyways.

Reaction Score
Phil Knight gets what Phil Knight wants.

Phil Knight runs the Oregon athletic department. Donates millions upon millions for all the athletic programs and they get all the new gear regardless.

Phil also donates a little to OSU so they don't feel overlooked just not nearly as much as the Ducks.

Just one of perks of having the CEO/ co founder of Nike being an OU alumni while living in Oregon his whole life.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That sucks these are much, much nicer than those crap grey hyper elites that we had.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The platinum-colored uniform in 2012 was the UConn version of the hyper dominance nonsense.

They wore 'em once, they lost to Notre Dame and they were never seen again.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
meh. They're throwbacks. We do that all the time. I like the new BB uni a lot better.

Reaction Score
The Kansas throwback unis, which I really like

Screen-Shot-2014-01-11-at-2.09.05-PM.png

Reaction Score
I'm looking for "Connecticut" Jerseys... where can i find them? I hate the "UCONN" brand and I resist referring to the University and its programs as UConn as you may have noticed so I want a jersey with "Connecticut" . Unfortunately, I started following the program way after those Jerseys were gone. Any suggestions where I can buy them?

D

Deleted member 3149

I'm looking for "Connecticut" Jerseys... where can i find them? I hat the "UCONN" brand and I resist referring to the University and its programs as UConn as you may have noticed. I want a jersey with "Connecticut" . Any suggestions where I can buy them?
Develop a time capsule, or stop living in the past.

Reaction Score
Develop a time capsule, or stop living in the past.

Actually, its pretty funny because I became attached to the program a little after Kemba's NC run and I'm only 23 so technically no reason for me to hate them. But when I saw the early 2000s connecticut jerseys i loved it. But the UCONN jerseys were never my thing and it makes the University sound like some weird factory or company... anyways, Can I find them anywhere?

D

Deleted member 3149

Actually, its pretty funny because I became attached to the program a little after Kemba's NC run and I'm only 23 so technically no reason for me to hate them. But when I saw the early 2000s connecticut jerseys i loved it. But the UCONN jerseys were never my thing and it makes the University sound like some weird factory or company... anyways, Can I find them anywhere?
I haven't seen any, but I'd check eBay frequently because there's some jerseys circulating out there somewhere

Reaction Score
Nike is in Oregon, if anyone is wondering why they'd bother including Oregon in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom