Are the Sox alive? | The Boneyard

Are the Sox alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked a lot of what I saw in the game last night. The team seemed really into the game and that included Josh Beckett who got tossed for supporting his teammates. I enjoyed the exchange with Aceves and Adrian in the bottom of the 10th when Adrian told his pitcher to get them the win. I thought Bobby had a great moment when he was strategically tossed. I think it fired up the team. Ciriaco is getting harder and harder to put on the bench. Could Aviles be heading for a back-up role?

The only down side that I saw was when Miller returned to the dugout after giving up the double. Did not seem like the time to be laughing. But whatever, I'll take the win.

Now if, as Hershiser suggested, Beckett can put together a couple of quality starts, this team could turn things around.

Reaction Score
I liked a lot of what I saw in the game last night. The team seemed really into the game and that included Josh Beckett who got tossed for supporting his teammates. I enjoyed the exchange with Aceves and Adrian in the bottom of the 10th when Adrian told his pitcher to get them the win. I thought Bobby had a great moment when he was strategically tossed. I think it fired up the team. Ciriaco is getting harder and harder to put on the bench. Could Aviles be heading for a back-up role?

The only down side that I saw was when Miller returned to the dugout after giving up the double. Did not seem like the time to be laughing. But whatever, I'll take the win.

Now if, as Hershiser suggested, Beckett can put together a couple of quality starts, this team could turn things around.

Oh geez I have to laugh at you guys. #1 Josh Beckett probably found a way to get in the lockeroom to have a couple cold ones and some wings......and to top it off he was one of the guys making Miller laugh in the dugout......Valentine got tossed because he argued on something he was wrong about.........but I guess you could call that strategic!!

I liked the exchange with Aceves and the coach also, thought it was great to let him stay and they had some fun out there, that's baseball.......Ciriaco is a good topic, where the heck has he been? 26 yrs old, slick fielder, makes contact and can run like a deer........should've been on a ML roster by now but not sure he's Aviles......running a lot of luck for now, owns the Yanks without hitting the ball hard, finding holes and making CFers misjudge but that will stop......but he's still really fun to watch and may give Aviles a run for next year......

The Yanks have too many guys slumping after the All Star break and it's scary.......depending on the long ball can hurt although they've been lucky.......martin was good last night but how many times can you DH a .180 hitter in a big series? .........Cano is swinging at everything, Jeter's swing looks a little tired and Granderson hasn't had a bit "base" hit all year whereas last year he did have big hits besides HR's.........Nix is okay but 6-8 weeks of him rather than ARod will wear on them.........Tex is swinging it good and he's about it........hopefully Ichiro, who hit the ball hard about 1/2 a dozen times right at people in this series, gets on and makes things happen so they can play a little more small ball..........the east is still a race from what I see...........very much so!!

Reaction Score

If the Sox don't deal Beckett, he can be a decent middle of rotation pitcher but he will be throwing more off speed pitches and spotting his fastball. Long term contracts (Beckett, Lackey, Crawford, Dice k) are killing the options for the Sox.
Fans get too wrapped up in things like Miller laughing. These things mean nothing and have no impact on anything nor are they an indication of team chemistry or attitude.
Valentine is getting killed in the Boston media and I think unfairly. Sox management has tied his hands by not letting him hire his own coaching staff. Valentine and his bullpen coach don't even speak to each other.He has pretty much made good decisions and I doubt another manager would have done better. The players liked Francona a lot and that isn't helping him. Beckett and Lester are primarily responsible for their disappointing record.
Do the Sox have a chance? I think they do because no team in the AL East looks invincible including the Yankees.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh geez I have to laugh at you guys. #1 Josh Beckett probably found a way to get in the lockeroom to have a couple cold ones and some wings......

Very original, George King wrote the same thing in his Post article. King is the same guy who left Pedro of his MVP Top 10 saying he doesn't vote for pitchers; even though he voted for David Wells the year before.

Anyway, if the Sox and Yanks win at the same pace as the last 3 days going forward, the Sox will be in 1st place in 9 days.

Reaction Score
Very original, George King wrote the same thing in his Post article. King is the same guy who left Pedro of his MVP Top 10 saying he doesn't vote for pitchers; even though he voted for David Wells the year before.

Anyway, if the Sox and Yanks win at the same pace as the last 3 days going forward, the Sox will be in 1st place in 9 days.

I don't read George King so he must be a mind reader.........Beckett's a d**k and anyone who believes he did anything for the team is a dope........

Anyway when you or the Rays get to 1st be sure to know I wasn't surprised!! LOL

Reaction Score
Oh geez I have to laugh at you guys. #1 Josh Beckett probably found a way to get in the lockeroom to have a couple cold ones and some wings......and to top it off he was one of the guys making Miller laugh in the dugout......Valentine got tossed because he argued on something he was wrong about.........but I guess you could call that strategic!!

I liked the exchange with Aceves and the coach also, thought it was great to let him stay and they had some fun out there, that's baseball.......Ciriaco is a good topic, where the heck has he been? 26 yrs old, slick fielder, makes contact and can run like a deer........should've been on a ML roster by now but not sure he's Aviles......running a lot of luck for now, owns the Yanks without hitting the ball hard, finding holes and making CFers misjudge but that will stop......but he's still really fun to watch and may give Aviles a run for next year......

The Yanks have too many guys slumping after the All Star break and it's scary.......depending on the long ball can hurt although they've been lucky.......martin was good last night but how many times can you DH a .180 hitter in a big series? .........Cano is swinging at everything, Jeter's swing looks a little tired and Granderson hasn't had a bit "base" hit all year whereas last year he did have big hits besides HR's.........Nix is okay but 6-8 weeks of him rather than ARod will wear on them.........Tex is swinging it good and he's about it........hopefully Ichiro, who hit the ball hard about 1/2 a dozen times right at people in this series, gets on and makes things happen so they can play a little more small ball..........the east is still a race from what I see...........very much so!!
I must admit that the thought crossed my mind that when Beckett was ejected that he was headed for the clubhouse for some beer and chicken but I chose the higher road.

Not sure what you mean about Valentine being tossed because he was wrong. It looked to me and to the announcers that Middlebrooks was clearly pulling his bat back when he was hit. I also am pretty sure that he wanted to get tossed.

Ciriaco was signed as a minor league free agent last December. I don't know why the Pirates let him go. He was voted the top defensive player in the Pirates minor league system by Baseball America in 2011. This is the third time he has been brought up to the majors and he has hit over .300 each time. He had very little power but is very fast. I'd like to see him stay in the lineup when Aviles is healthy again.

I think the Yankees are going to be OK. They have the best backup players of anyone. When they get healthy again they will be candidates for another World Series Championship. I think that Joe Girardi had has become one of the better managers in baseball. They should give Jeter more rest.

Reaction Score
Well, so much for the Sawx being alive. Back to .500.

Mike Silverman has an article today talking about Valentine smelling a rat in the clubhouse. That clubhouse is gonna blow before the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Well, so much for the Sawx being alive. Back to .500.

Mike Silverman has an article today talking about Valentine smelling a rat in the clubhouse. That clubhouse is gonna blow before the end of the season.

I believe it because you have to feel for Valentine or anyone who took over that debacle. They have some really rotten guys on that team no doubt and although there is poison in the clubhouse, the rats aren't swallowing it so they can die!!

Reaction Score
Rat's in the clubhouse don't pitch or contribute to 10th in league 4.29 ERA, which drops to 11th and 4.87 for Sox starters. Starters are also 10th in OBP & OPS against at .331 and .771, then 9th in WHIP at 1.37.

Send the rat out to the mound, he might fare better.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Now 3 games under .500, losing to a horrible Cleveland team.

Done.

Reaction Score
What difference does it make if they lose a single game to a horrible team? I think that's unnecessarily rubbing salt. Point out that Cleveland is horrible only after they lose the series to them.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
What difference does it make if they lose a single game to a horrible team? I think that's unnecessarily rubbing salt. Point out that Cleveland is horrible only after they lose the series to them.

With the Yankees playing a day game, I actually watched the Sox last night. If you don't think that team is dead, you are crazy.

And I posted about a single game because that was a game I watched. It wasn't just losing, it was how they lost to go 3 games under .500.

Unnecessarliy rubbing salt? It was just how I saw it. Sorry if it hurt your feelings.

Reaction Score
You still don't get my sense of humor, of course they are dead and of course I'd expect anyone suffering the misfortune of watching them (myself included) on any given day or night to point that out. Its simply quibbling to note that they are so flawed that I'd prefer you either wait until they lose again tonight or apply neosporin, but I can't fault the salt.

Its really akin to throwing salt on a corpse which won't do much and may cut the stench a bit down the road.

In a related story I've got September Sox-Yankees tickets so looks like my in-laws are once again getting a "generous" pair of gift tickets to a game!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That's what that guy does. He loves to rub it in and yet he has actually complained about others hittng someone while they are down. What a piece of work.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That's what that guy does. He loves to rub it in and yet he has actually complained about others hittng someone while they are down. What a piece of work.

They have sucked all year and that was my first post on here about them. So, yeah, it's what I do...lol...putz.

Someone asked if they were done. I thought after that bad loss against Cleveland did it.

Wah..wah...wah.

Nothing makes me happier that the Sox losing makes jerks like you miserable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nothing makes me happier that the Sox losing makes jerks like you miserable.

But exposing phonies like you helps to ease the pain. Thanks for the lift!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
But exposing phonies like you helps to ease the pain. Thanks for the lift!

Phonies? I'm as real as it gets.

And I am worried about the Yanks. Tampa is playing great ball and the Yanks have been sucking wind.

The only exposing you do is opening that trench coat to little girls.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only exposing you do is opening that trench coat to little girls.

Ok, ok. I get the point, you are an embarrassment to yourself and your family. Now move on back to where you are comfortable with your own kind, The Summitt.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ok, ok. I get the point, you are an embarrassment to yourself and your family. Now move on back to where you are comfortable with your own kind, The Summitt.

I'm an embarrassment to myself and my family based on bantering with you on a message board?

You take this far too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak