Are Stewie and Moriah Best WBB Duo? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are Stewie and Moriah Best WBB Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think that, much like Maya and Tina 2010, the Mo-Stewie tandem will also split NPOY awards. Mo won't "just" be Paul to Stewie's John. Maybe Page to Stewie's Plant or Keith to Stewie's Mick?
Well . . . from those three pairs I guess I would go with Keith and Mick. But Mo and Stewie are considerably better looking.

In another domain, I kind of like Koufax and Drysdale.

Reaction Score
Well . . . from those three pairs I guess I would go with Keith and Mick. But Mo and Stewie are considerably better looking.

In another domain, I kind of like Koufax and Drysdale.
Don't forget Spahn and Burdette. And bc he played little league with us..Lolich and McClain..

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Don't forget Spahn and Burdette. And bc he played little league with us..Lolich and McClain..
I remember Lolich and McClain well--summer of '68. They came back to beat my beloved Cardinals.

Spahn and Sain occurred to me. Those guys and Burdette are before my time!

Reaction Score
If you are talking about the best duo this year, the answer is DUH! Obviously they are. If it were all-time, I'd have to say Moore/Charles would have them beat unless you were talking about a duo who played their entire college career (4 years) with one another and then, it's more difficult. They'd surely be in the running but I can't recall many of the other possible top tandem players for all the various schools competing over the last 20 or 30 years.

Reaction Score
May I add McCovey and Mays? Or any combination of two Cincinatti Reds from the 70's.

In WCBB right now, I am quite enamored with Kelsey Mitchell and Ameryst Alston.

Reaction Score
Best duo of all times and it's not even close is Holdsclaw and Catchings of Univ of Tenn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Best duo of all times and it's not even close is Holdsclaw and Catchings of Univ of Tenn.

uh-oh-page.jpg..jpg

Reaction Score
I am going to go with Charles and Moore with Stewie and Mo a very close second.
I agree, Maya and Tina made music together. Maya had some swagger and Tina was all business. She climed out of Geno's dog house and never looked back. Diana had a ton of swagger - she was great, she knew she was great and was an in-your-face player. Each personality/style was right for that time/team.

Reaction Score
Moriah and Stewie are on their 4th year together and play fluidly, but I think Stewie and Stefanie Dolson really gelled together even more. They just clicked. They played more like sisters who grew up together playing BB in the driveway. They were the Ying and yang of bigs for UCONN - selfless and very supportive of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom