Are Stewie and Moriah Best WBB Duo? | The Boneyard

Are Stewie and Moriah Best WBB Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, for the present best duo in NCAAW. And, they will work together for full 4 years.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think that, much like Maya and Tina 2010, the Mo-Stewie tandem will also split NPOY awards. Mo won't "just" be Paul to Stewie's John. Maybe Page to Stewie's Plant or Keith to Stewie's Mick?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
DT and Sue Bird. Best all-time duo.

ETA: In 2005, Sophia Young and Stefanie Blackmon were unstoppable for Baylor in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Much respect is given to the other comments on this subject. However.........IF Jefferson, Stewart and the rest of the TEAM can pull off a "4 peat" this season, THEY must be placed at the top of this list. Because they will have done something that no other college basketball player(s) has done before.

If winning is the only thing that matters, and the yardstick by which greatness is judged, then the choice is clear. With 4 championship rings on their fingers, they have to be deemed the best tandem or duo ever.

Magic Johnson said something once that is very true, and has stood the test of time. He said "No matter how great you were as a player, no matter how many records you broke or set, no matter how dominate you were. The only thing that people will remember about you is how many championships you won". If not them, then who? I rest my case. :cool:

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yesterday, Moriah was the best player on the court.
Stevie looked a bit bored in the absence of competition

There will be many such days (not necessarily aligned with boredom).

Mo is right up there.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
i

She ain't heavy, she's my sister.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah has a unique way of taking over games. She had 20 points yesterday and could have had 40. She also had 6 steals. She has the keys to the Ferrari, and, along with Morgan, is the player that the team listens to. Pencil her in as the Lieberman winner and unanimous All-American. She will have a legendary season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Moriah has a unique way of taking over games. She had 20 points yesterday and could have had 40. She also had 6 steals. She has the keys to the Ferrari, and, along with Morgan, is the player that the team listens to. Pencil her in as the Lieberman winner and unanimous All-American. She will have a legendary season.

Will you ever say anything that isn't obvious? Sheesh!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, were they not the top 2 coming out of high per ESPN Hoopgurlz 2012 class?

A bit of foreshadowing maybe??

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Much respect is given to the other comments on this subject. However....IF Jefferson, Stewart and the rest of the TEAM can pull off a "4 peat" this season, THEY must be placed at the top of this list. Because they will have done something that no other college basketball player(s) has done before.

If winning is the only thing that matters, and the yardstick by which greatness is judged, then the choice is clear. With 4 championship rings on their fingers, they have to be deemed the best tandem or duo ever.

Magic Johnson said something once that is very true, and has stood the test of time. He said "No matter how great you were as a player, no matter how many records you broke or set, no matter how dominate you were. The only thing that people will remember about you is how many championships you won". If not them, then who? I rest my case. :cool:
Awesome post--- I wouldn't put this above DT winning 3 in a row- 2 yrs carrying 1000 % less talent and depth on her shoulders the last two years- and pretty banged up. Doesn't lessen my admiration for this group one bit! Just my opinion!

Reaction Score
If we're talking about team outcomes in terms of duos (meaning, championships), I think you have to put Stewie and Moriah at the top, especially if they win #4 this year.

If we are talking duos in terms of team performance AND individual numbers, it's hard not to give the edge to Tina and Maya (for now), as they are the #1 and #2 scorers and re-bounders in UConn history, which is a remarkable stat considering they shared the court for three years. They also had a 78 game win streak to wrap up their three years together, not too shabby either.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, were they not the top 2 coming out of high per ESPN Hoopgurlz 2012 class?

A bit of foreshadowing maybe??
Indeed. Stewie was clearly one of the top HS recruits ever, and Moriah was the highest rated PG ever per Hoopgurlz.

As Jim Foster said about Geno, "He does more with more."

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Indeed, Geno did more with Moore. He won 90 games in a row and two NCs, along with an Olympic gold medal and two FIBA championships. Geno will do more with Moore in Rio next year, too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Indeed, Geno did more with Moore. He won 90 games in a row and two NCs, along with an Olympic gold medal and two FIBA championships. Geno will do more with Moore in Rio next year, too.
And I'll be there to see it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer