Are all the ESPN tools taking picking St Joe's 'cause Joey Brackets works there?? | The Boneyard

Are all the ESPN tools taking picking St Joe's 'cause Joey Brackets works there??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It may be annoying but one thing you have to realize is that the tournament lends itself to picking upsets because of the competition that's made out of filling out brackets. Everyone knows there are bound to be upsets and therefore they're pressed to pick some, oftentimes where they may usually wouldn't have. For example, because of the frequency of 5/12 upsets you will see a lot of people picking North Dakota St over Oklahoma when were this game a normal OOC game in December I don't believe you'd see analysts picking ND St. with the same frequency.

I believe 7/10 games produce an upset something like 40% of the time so naturally the analysts will be inclined to pick an upset in these games.

I wouldn't take anything they say too seriously. Just more people for UConn to look stupid.

Reaction Score
St. Joe's is a very good team. They absolutely can beat us. And a 10 beating a 7 hardly qualifies as an upset.

Reaction Score
Agree, just that it seems a very % of ESPN analysts are picking them and maybe they feel obligated to find/pick upsets and this gets a higher % than others, just wondering if Lunardi's association with St Joe's has any influence. Not meaningful ultimately.

St. Joe's is a very good team. They absolutely can beat us. And a 10 beating a 7 hardly qualifies as an upset.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

They are a good team, and of course can win if UConn doesn't play well. Remember though, UConn is underseeded. Bracketmatrix had UConn as a 6 and St Joes as an 11. Others had UConn as a 5. Also, before the A10 tourney, St Joes was thought of as a bubble team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe not just them. Just opened USA Today sports section and UC-St Joe listed as #1 "most conceivable upset" in round of 64. KO definitely has bulletin board material if he needs/wants it. Thurs @ 7 can't get here fast enough.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
A lot more "experts" have seen us play on TV than St. Joes. Based on a few shaky performances that were all nationally televised, people see our flaws.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. Getting our faces impounded by Louisville is the best practice any team has gotten in the last week and a half. We'll be ready.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe not just them. Just opened USA Today sports section and UC-St Joe listed as #1 "most conceivable upset" in round of 64. KO definitely has bulletin board material if he needs/wants it. Thurs @ 7 can't get here fast enough.

That's just one guys BS. The most conceivable upset would have the favorite with lowest spread. That's not us.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how everyone is saying St. Joe's had a nice run through the A-10 tournament...Before the tournament started St. Joes dropped games to GW and La Salle...if getting "hot" is beating St. Bonaventure (sub 500 team) and Dayton to reach your conference championship then WTF is beating Memphis at home and then beating Cincy only to lose to Louisville (#5 in country and probably should have been a 2 seed) in the championship.

Maybe St. Joes is good but i don't give a *k, we've got this.

Reaction Score
besides them getting St Bonaventure in the conference semis of the A10 tourney after Bonaventure upset St Louis, they also played a VCU team w/out Melvin Johnson, their best outside shooter and 11ppg scorer. Not saying St Josephs isn't good, but they caught some breaks along the way in winning that tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom