AP Poll (1/6) | The Boneyard

AP Poll (1/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn's lead shrank from 59 to 58 and the Huskies seem stuck on that 900 number. Should we be worried? They are also indicated as having a flat trending line. Clearly we are dooooooooooooooooooooomed!

But having them sitting at the top while other teams knock each other off over the next month will be fun.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
How could you trend up from perfect???

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
How could you trend up from perfect???
Oh, c'mon, you well know that UConn isn't perfect. Geno has made that abundantly clear and will continue to do so. As the sports cliche goes, the team just has to give 110% and get that trend line moving upward like they did back between Week 2 and Week 3.

Reaction Score
Get back to the Board in 6 weeks when all the conferences start play and they cannot hide........Fast forward this 2 Feb 15th...........Lets see who is still undefeated in the leagues......Plus, we get to visit Waco on the 13th........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It really bothers me all the teams with great looking won lost records who have played nobody or just one or two teams at the top level are ranked high in the polls. How bout a team playing all the high ranked teams and in a easy conference and go undefeated. Should they be ranked in the top 25? Many fans will think they're good without looking at their schedule. I expect to see a lot of teams lined up under UConn to fall out of the top 10 and the word overrated will come into play during the NCAAs because the big schools get credit for playing big schools or the big conferences get credit for playing teams in their big conferences that aren't that good. A lot of teams are setting up their schedules to get 20+ wins to get into the NCAA tournament with a high seed. That's something the NCAA tournament committee needs to look at.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
It really bothers me all the teams with great looking won lost records who have played nobody or just one or two teams at the top level are ranked high in the polls. How bout a team playing all the high ranked teams and in a easy conference and go undefeated. Should they be ranked in the top 25? Many fans will think they're good without looking at their schedule. I expect to see a lot of teams lined up under UConn to fall out of the top 10 and the word overrated will come into play during the NCAAs because the big schools get credit for playing big schools or the big conferences get credit for playing teams in their big conferences that aren't that good. A lot of teams are setting up their schedules to get 20+ wins to get into the NCAA tournament with a high seed. That's something the NCAA tournament committee needs to look at.
You're easily bothered.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
They do look at it. Who you beat, "good wins", "bad losses", measures of SOS, who you scheduled - all go into it. I know for a fact that one coach requested feedback and was advised that their schedule was too weak to get them in the tourney.

There are reasons for weak schedules - Rutgers had one this year, UNC often does, that have nothing to do specifically with wanting to get into the tourney - for many years RU scheduled an extremely tough schedule to improve their seed based on SOS. One of the problems, for example, with a very tough schedule and a team that needs developing, is you get beat down while you are still trying to develop them, this happened to RU for a number of years.

As to these teams being ranked - who would you rank. A team with 2 losses and a weak schedule or a team with 6 losses and a tough schedule. If you play them and lose to them all, does that make you better than the team that at least beat most teams they faced?

And no "real" fans are deluded. I didn't comment but really wondered how anyone thought Oregon was likely to be a threat to Stanford. But, just because a team hasn't (yet) played a tough schedule doesn't mean they aren't any good, either, it means you don't know.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Oh, c'mon, you well know that UConn isn't perfect. Geno has made that abundantly clear and will continue to do so. As the sports cliche goes, the team just has to give 110% and get that trend line moving upward like they did back between Week 2 and Week 3.

I meant how do you trend up from undefeated-which is a perfect record.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I meant how do you trend up from undefeated-which is a perfect record.
Geesh, I don't know. Now you're getting into those deep questions that I was never good at like, how can you mend a broken heart?, how can you stop the rain from falling down?, how can you stop the sun from shining?, and what makes the world go round? All tough ones to figure out, but I'm sure Geno can find an answer.

As to how can a loser ever win?, that one we can leave to the coaches of Prairie View, Radford, UMass-Lowell, and Arkanasas-Pine Bluff to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom