Anything New on Senior Day? | The Boneyard

Anything New on Senior Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Did anyone hear if the Senior ceremonies will be televised?

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear if the Senior ceremonies will be televised?
Maybe clips of it, but there is a men's game on before our game, so I'll just be happy if that doesn't run over into our game because there's no way they cut away from the end of a men's game for another UConn WCBB blow out.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I have not heard anything new but....

If you look at what CBSSN has scheduled on Saturday, they are broadcasting a men's game (Lehigh at Colgate) from 12 to 2 and then have our Memphis at UCONN from 2 to 4. That is then followed by another men's game at 4.

So, they will not be able to cover the pre-game ceremonies as they will be covering another Basketball game (can only home that game does not run long) If they show anything on CBSSN it would be some highlight coverage at the half, but I am doubting it personally. The last game they (CBSSN) covered UCONN Women the whole halftime was mostly devoted to men's basketball review.

I may not be recalling correctly but I thought the last time this situation happened, we got some video coverage of the pre-game ceremonies a little down the road on one of the SNY UCONN shows.

Anyone? Bueller?

Reaction Score
I have not heard anything new but....

If you look at what CBSSN has scheduled on Saturday, they are broadcasting a men's game (Lehigh at Colgate) from 12 to 2 and then have our Memphis at UCONN from 2 to 4. That is then followed by another men's game at 4.

So, they will not be able to cover the pre-game ceremonies as they will be covering another Basketball game (can only home that game does not run long) If they show anything on CBSSN it would be some highlight coverage at the half, but I am doubting it personally. The last game they (CBSSN) covered UCONN Women the whole halftime was mostly devoted to men's basketball review.

I may not be recalling correctly but I thought the last time this situation happened, we got some video coverage of the pre-game ceremonies a little down the road on one of the SNY UCONN shows.

Anyone? Bueller?
I thought the same thing. Perhaps as part of the final Geno Show of the season - I assume there will be one more episode next week. If not you can usually find something on youtube.

Reaction Score
Last year CBS SN also had the Senior Day game. UConn streamed the ceremony. So hopefully they will again this year.

Reaction Score
Last year CBS SN also had the Senior Day game. UConn streamed the ceremony. So hopefully they will again this year.
You're right. That's where I saw it last year, though as I remember there was some issue and part of it got cut off, at least for me.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I get cbs SN, but won't be home for the game...vcr has not worked in a decade. Hope the guy who records games and puts them online does so again. Makes me wish they had pay per view on demand

Reaction Score
Last year cbs-sn showed the game on senior day and sny taped all the ceremonies and showed all of it the next night! Plus other senior stuff!

Reaction Score
Havent heard yet - what time will the ceremonies start if the tipoff is at 2?

Reaction Score
Havent heard yet - what time will the ceremonies start if the tipoff is at 2?

WTIC radio will broadcast the senior day event starting at 1:40pm, which is the time I presume it begins.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's something new on Senior Day: a new number on the Huskies' Wall of Honor. Actually, the number is not new, as the great Maya Moore also wore #23, but "Mosqueda-Lewis" will be unveiled. KML could finish her career with 2,200 points, 400 three-pointers, 2 All-American selections, a 23-1 NCAA tourney record, and 3 NCAA championships. Thank you, Kaleena!

Reaction Score
Here's something new on Senior Day: a new number on the Huskies' Wall of Honor. Actually, the number is not new, as the great Maya Moore also wore #23, but "Mosqueda-Lewis" will be unveiled. KML could finish her career with 2,200 points, 400 three-pointers, 2 All-American selections, a 23-1 NCAA tourney record, and 3 NCAA championships. Thank you, Kaleena!
That is great news!

Reaction Score
What is the "logic" of CBSSN covering senior day and not "home" of UConn's Women's Basketball??? It isn't like the date is randomly picked from a hat.

Never-mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22