Anyone Watching Mickey D Game? | The Boneyard

Anyone Watching Mickey D Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Crystal started but didn't do anything notable except walk the ball up a lot. :confused:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Watching, but missed first five minutes.

Reaction Score
Danger feeds Boley for an alley-oop! This will be the last time that happens for 4 years - they should have a few epic battles during that time!

Reaction Score
Another spectacular Dangerfield assist to Kentucky's Corsaro - woohoo!

psconn

Reaction Score
Muffet's kids look great.

Reaction Score
After the first half I'd give the MVP's to Amber Ramirez and Boley. Ramirez has tremendous range on the 3. Ionescu has also shown flashes of really impressive play. Dangerfield hasn't really done anything. 2 assists in the second quarter. One on an alley-oop pass to Boley and another on a 3 on 1 when she dumped it back for a layup.

Reaction Score
Nice recorded interview with Crystal at halftime.

"They say you can't teach speed, so I use that to my advantage."

"I'm going to UCONN to win national championships." (Live announcers analyzing the interview afterward emphasized the plural "championships.")

"I'm going to UCONN so they can develop me as a player, as a young lady, everything else."

She seems to be the only player they did this for. More "Crystal" focus videos after the commercial too. Geez - she's dominating halftime, if not the game.

psconn

Reaction Score
Nice feature on Crystal at halftime. Going to UCONN to "win championships". Well, Crystal I hope so, but you have a tougher row to hoe than many recent years.

Reaction Score
Announcers said some are saying Dangerfield is quicker than Moriah. Then, "How do you be quicker than Moriah Jefferson???"

Also, "When Crystal Dangerfield gets going next year, that's when UCONN will get going. She's going to play a big role for Geno Auriemma next year."

It sounds like the announcers did most of their prep on Danger/UCONN. Special graphic on Stewie/Maya/DT comparison for "Greatest UCONN player of all time" comparison. Now doing an extended interview with Crystal on the bench while totally ignoring the game action. UCONN's 'domination' isn't limited to their games - ha.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice feature on Crystal at halftime. Going to UCONN to "win championships". Well, Crystal I hope so, but you have a tougher row to hoe than many recent years.
I don't disagree that Crystal, Napheesa and KLS are not Mo, Tuck and Stewie, but anyone who writes off the Huskies for the next 2-3 years is wrong, IMHO...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
LOL Brooke Weisbrod RE: UCONN dominance - "You're watching history, so stop freakin complaining".

Reaction Score
LOL Brooke Weisbrod RE: UCONN dominance - "You're watching history, so stop freakin complaining".

Yep. I am watching the game and I loved Brooke's comments. We are watching history being made. Just sit back and enjoy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Announcers said some are saying Dangerfield is quicker than Moriah. Then, "How do you be quicker than Moriah Jefferson???"

Also, "When Crystal Dangerfield gets going next year, that's when UCONN will get going. She's going to play a big role for Geno Auriemma next year."

It sounds like the announcers did most of their prep on Danger/UCONN. Special graphic on Stewie/Maya/DT comparison for "Greatest UCONN player of all time" comparison. Now doing an extended interview with Crystal on the bench while totally ignoring the game action. UCONN's 'domination' isn't limited to their games - ha.

I'm recording. Looking forward to catching all this.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The selfish play is really a turn-off. Ramirez 40 footer attempt was absurd. Joyner Holmes as #2 player in the country? She looks more like a long-term project to me. But what the heck. It was only another all- star game. On to the next case...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu - MVP... deservedly so.

Down to Oregon, California and Oregon State. Would love to see her go to Oregon State.. Scott Reuck would really be in play with a big talent like Ionescu.

Reaction Score
Ionescu won the game for the West. Wow - record 25 points in this McD. Went a long way toward getting that scholly for her twin brother Eddy.

Reaction Score
It is only an all-star game, but there were some very good talent our there. Women's basketball is improving rapidly IMO. Ionescu only negative was the "grabbing" of the coaches whiteboard and taking over the huddle as if she was the coach. Not a fan. Her passion and talent are undeniable. As for Crystal, she is cerebral, smart and a good teammate. She is going to be a MoJet clone and contribute sooner than most people think. Boley and Young are excellent. Slocum looked great. Deceptively quick. Cox showed flashes at the end and the game did not high-lite how good she is and can be. Ramirez was riding the 3 pt hot streak, but must be taught there are other ways to contribute. All teams will be better next few years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is only an all-star game, but there were some very good talent our there. Women's basketball is improving rapidly IMO. Ionescu only negative was the "grabbing" of the coaches whiteboard and taking over the huddle as if she was the coach. Not a fan. Her passion and talent are undeniable. As for Crystal, she is cerebral, smart and a good teammate. She is going to be a MoJet clone and contribute sooner than most people think. Boley and Young are excellent. Slocum looked great. Deceptively quick. Cox showed flashes at the end and the game did not high-lite how good she is and can be. Ramirez was riding the 3 pt hot streak, but must be taught there are other ways to contribute. All teams will be better next few years.
I saw that and did not consider it a negative at all for Sabrina. It was a major negative for the coach for being ill prepared to diagram a play. What is the sense of having a coach if not specifically for that?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Danger feeds Boley for an alley-oop! This will be the last time that happens for 4 years - they should have a few epic battles during that time!
I liked the alley-oop pass. I was picturing Crystal throwing that to Gabby Williams, if Geno allows it. Actually, it should work with any of the taller Huskies, KLS, Collier. Maybe not Butler, I'm still waiting for her to jump higher than an inch.

Reaction Score
I saw that and did not consider it a negative at all for Sabrina. It was a major negative for the coach for being ill prepared to diagram a play. What is the sense of having a coach if not specifically for that?
Interesting. I must have missed that. The sideline reporter never mentioned the coach did not have a play ready. The reporter said that Sabrina "grabbed" the board and started designing a play. The reporter said he has never seen anything like that. How did you come to the conclusion the coach had no play ready?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting. I must have missed that. The sideline reporter never mentioned the coach did not have a play ready. The reporter said that Sabrina "grabbed" the board and started designing a play. The reporter said he has never seen anything like that. How did you come to the conclusion the coach had no play ready?
On the replay you can clearly see that it was the coach who handed Sabrina the clipboard as she was coming off the court.

Reaction Score
On the replay you can clearly see that it was the coach who handed Sabrina the clipboard as she was coming off the court.
Ah, OK. That is something I did not see. Sabrina is a dynamo and will make her new team significantly better, that is for sure. Let's hope her coaches are better prepared.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ah, OK. That is something I did not see. Sabrina is a dynamo and will make her new team significantly better, that is for sure. Let's hope her coaches are better prepared.
I agree just wish Sabrina were coming to UCONN. Me and about a dozen other people have stated this today.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
I don't disagree that Crystal, Napheesa and KLS are not Mo, Tuck and Stewie, but anyone who writes off the Huskies for the next 2-3 years is wrong, IMHO...
Totally agree with OP's assessment. If you compare the above three players in each class, Mo, Tuck and Stewie were ranked by HoopGurlz as the #2, #6 and #1 players in their class coming out of high school. Crystal, Napheesa and KLS were ranked by HoopGurlz as the #3, #6 and #1 players out of high school. Their comparative rankings are virtually identical. Granted, Crystal is a year behind Napheesa and KLS, but because of her injury, Morgan is also a year behind Mo and Stewie. I find their almost identical ranking uncanny, so it will be fun to watch how these three develop. Perhaps a new "Big 3"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom