Anyone suffering from Husky withdrawals? | The Boneyard

Anyone suffering from Husky withdrawals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a sports junky, love the NBA and pretty much love all sports although baseball is already starting to bore me but no matter what I watch and what team I cheer for nothing comes close to watching the UConn hoops team. Despite the great weather, summer is probably my least favorite season because it means I'm still months away from watching UConn basketball. I'm sure most of you can relate.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I just bumped up the video highlight thread. Watch the kemba step-back video from a few rows back like 50 times. That usually does the trick for me. If you blast the volume you'll notice there are three separate crowd reactions. Reaction 1. is the rise in noise when kemba backs up and it becomes clear he's about to destroy B.A. McGhee. Reaction 2. is the prize fight knockout OOOOOH as BA Mcghee hits the hardwood. And reaction 3 is when the step back goes down. I could watch it a million times.

Reaction Score
I'm a sports junky, love the NBA and pretty much love all sports although baseball is already starting to bore me but no matter what I watch and what team I cheer for nothing comes close to watching the UConn hoops team. Despite the great weather, summer is probably my least favorite season because it means I'm still months away from watching UConn basketball. I'm sure most of you can relate.

Of course. It is an annual problem.

Reaction Score
I have the exact same problem you do - the NHL/NBA playoffs have done a nice job passing the time until football starts, but I'm already dreading the 2+ months of nothing but baseball. I'm a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, I'm a casual fan of the New York Yanees and Chicago Blackhawks, but none of those teams combined can approach my love for the UConn basketball program. Even though I don't know any of the players on the team, I feel somewhat of a personal connection with the kids while professional athletes are closer to celebraties. It almost feels like I'm on the team, stupid as that sounds. The games are exhilerating and the hours following a big win present an emotional high that I don't think any drug could match. Even the maddening seasons like 2010 or 2012, when it feels like the basketball God's have it out for you, are fun. I'd probably drive myself insane if it weren't for this board - the recruiting news, videos, and speculation/conversation with other die-hard fans is my only saving grace during irritating calmness of the summer.

Reaction Score
I have the exact same problem you do - the NHL/NBA playoffs have done a nice job passing the time until football starts, but I'm already dreading the 2+ months of nothing but baseball. I'm a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, I'm a casual fan of the New York Yanees and Chicago Blackhawks, but none of those teams combined can approach my love for the UConn basketball program. Even though I don't know any of the players on the team, I feel somewhat of a personal connection with the kids while professional athletes are closer to celebraties. It almost feels like I'm on the team, stupid as that sounds. The games are exhilerating and the hours following a big win present an emotional high that I don't think any drug could match. Even the maddening seasons like 2010 or 2012, when it feels like the basketball God's have it out for you, are fun. I'd probably drive myself insane if it weren't for this board - the recruiting news, videos, and speculation/conversation with other die-hard fans is my only saving grace during irritating calmness of the summer.
You pretty much summed up my feelings exactly, this board gives all us crazy people a great outlet.

Reaction Score
I am a Red Sox fan, Patriots, Celts, Uconn FB, and Basketball both men and women. I am hoping for a repeat of 2004. Red Sox won the World Series, Patriots the Super Bowl, Uconn FB their first bowl game, Uconn men and women both won BB NC's. The Celts were horrible but 5 of 6 had great years. This was nirvana for this sport fan. How about an encore!!

Reaction Score
patience is a virtue, by the time the NBA and NHL playoffs are over with no olympics 3 out of the 4 years summer sports are really boring, how much baseball can you really watch. July and August is when you really are itching for the football season to start.

Reaction Score
If you are looking for a basketball fix after the NBA playoffs. June 27th is the NBA draft. Obviously, no UConn players to follow, yet still fun to watch & analyze where they are drafted. Then in July, there's NBA Summer League play on NBA TV. I'm guessing J.Lamb & A.Drummond will be playing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, you all had a chance to meet Jim Calhoun and Kevin Ollie tomorrow...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Well, you all had a chance to meet Jim Calhoun and Kevin Ollie tomorrow...
I'm all giggety giggety goo for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer