Anyone still want Mike Leach? | The Boneyard

Anyone still want Mike Leach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
By all accounts there is a full on mutiny happening on the Paloose. Take with a g rain of salt, but their AA WR has quit and is making statements aboutthecoaching staff being outright abusive. Interested to see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
Weren't we hearing similar stuff out of UMD, last year? You have to take departing players comments with a grain of salt I think.

Reaction Score
Weren't we hearing similar stuff out of UMD, last year? You have to take departing players comments with a grain of salt I think.

One allegation I agree, two allegations is trending.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Like I said before bat crazy you can keep him he'd put this program back to the dark ages.

Reaction Score
Going to get interesting...

“@BrandonHuffman: WSU athletic director Bill Moos released a statement in response to Marquess Wilson (see picture)... http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7ZFe3vCYAA-nbA.jpg:large
that's not a statement you issue if you disagree with the statements of a player who quits midseason and publicly trashes the coaching staff. the AD did not refute his statements one bit.

one accusation can be an outlier, two suggests there is fire with that smoke.

Reaction Score
Never liked Leach. my choice was RichRod. Doing a great job at Arizona. For now I'm willing to settle for a MAC coach as we'll probably have to save a few pennies after buying out PP

Reaction Score
Leach's dripping sarcasm is what gets him in trouble. If he was a pure coach-speak guy, he'd simply be Edsall-hard nosed, cleaning out the trash. "After all it's the attitudes of these complaning slackers that poisoned the well and brought WSU to the brink of irrelevant." The AD is thrilled that the Cougars are heading toward relevance as well as wins. Leach will be fine.

Reaction Score
Edsall had like 18 allegations.

It happens whenever a new coach, especially one with an entirely different style than the previous coach, takes over.

I am sure there are many more at wsu that don't like Leach's style. They can transfer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
sounds like a primadonna who didn't want to work hard at practice

Reaction Score
that's not a statement you issue if you disagree with the statements of a player who quits midseason and publicly trashes the coaching staff. the AD did not refute his statements one bit.

one accusation can be an outlier, two suggests there is fire with that smoke.

My buddy is a WSU alum - He says that multiple parents are involved and have gone to AD separately. No dog in the fight just insterested sideline observer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have clear standards as to what I expect from the UConn football program.

You have to win games and not intentionally kill any of the players. If Leach can live within those guidelines, I am willing to consider him. If he accidentally kills one or forgets that he locked one or two in a broom closet, those are numbers I can probably live with - I don't want him to feel like he's on pins and needles here.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
My buddy is a WSU alum - He says that multiple parents are involved and have gone to AD separately. No dog in the fight just insterested sideline observer.

Leach's berating of players may work with Texans, but I'll be interested to see if it plays well on the West Coast. Different players and different psychology out there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Leach's berating of players may work with Texans, but I'll be interested to see if it plays well on the West Coast. Different players and different psychology out there.

this is in play a bit to. he went from a place where kids work hard to a place where kids want stuff easy. not all true but def a culture change for him players wise i'm sure.

we would have 6-8 wins right now with this team and leach. to bad no one thought of him for the job back then.

Reaction Score
Our players probably wouldn't be complaining about his mentality much. I'd hope we have more warrior-like mentalities.

Reaction Score
this is in play a bit to. he went from a place where kids work hard to a place where kids want stuff easy. not all true but def a culture change for him players wise i'm sure.

we would have 6-8 wins right now with this team and leach. to bad no one thought of him for the job back then.

I am a big Leach supporter, but how do you draw this conclusion? We are lacking talent on offense, it's not just the coaching.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I am a big Leach supporter, but how do you draw this conclusion? We are lacking talent on offense, it's not just the coaching.

we are 4-6 right now. we lost 10-7 to ncst, 30-24 at wm, 17-14 vs temple and 13-6 at usf. any d1 coach who isn't stuck in the 90s takes this roster and wins those 4 games. then they go down to rutgers and are up at half 7-6 and not the bs play that went on down there and we see what happens in the 2nd half...

are we super talented on O? no im not stupid, but we have talent that could easily win this league imho or at least win 8 games with this schedule. Leach would have walked on campus and his pants looking at davis/smith/phillips/williams and would have been thru the roof happy to run a killer O built around them. he would spread things enoguh to give whitmer short and medium passes and let is playmakers make plays. that would open up for lyle to run behind a average at best OL. foley would be the OL coach and the OL would be serviceable but nothing passed that i suspect. u want to say no DB so the d isn't as good? fine thats fair, but hank wouldnt have these guys to far off, the scheme would just be different.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
We'd have 8 wins if TDH called the plays, even with GDL running practice. Who needs Leach?

Reaction Score
we are 4-6 right now. we lost 10-7 to ncst, 30-24 at wm, 17-14 vs temple and 13-6 at usf. any d1 coach who isn't stuck in the 90s takes this roster and wins those 4 games. then they go down to rutgers and are up at half 7-6 and not the bs play that went on down there and we see what happens in the 2nd half...

are we super talented on O? no im not stupid, but we have talent that could easily win this league imho or at least win 8 games with this schedule. Leach would have walked on campus and **** his pants looking at davis/smith/phillips/williams and would have been thru the roof happy to run a killer O built around them. he would spread things enoguh to give whitmer short and medium passes and let is playmakers make plays. that would open up for lyle to run behind a average at best OL. foley would be the OL coach and the OL would be serviceable but nothing passed that i suspect. u want to say no DB so the d isn't as good? fine thats fair, but hank wouldnt have these guys to far off, the scheme would just be different.

You realize he took over a team with far better returning offensive talent than ours?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You realize he took over a team with far better returning offensive talent than ours?

is this for real? we may not be anything special talent wise but what did wsu have last year that was so great? they won 4 games last year. they are just as bad and the talent there is like sparce. its a rebuild job. they are top 10 passing and can't win a game. with the talent we have here, he would be off to the races and the media would be all over him.

Reaction Score
is this for real? we may not be anything special talent wise but what did wsu have last year that was so great? they won 4 games last year. they are just as bad and the talent there is like sparce. its a rebuild job. they are top 10 passing and can't win a game. with the talent we have here, he would be off to the races and the media would be all over him.

I am a Leach fan, would have loved for him to show a modicum of interest when the UCONN gig opened up. ANd he will get WSU turned around. But I was commenting on your statement that he would have UCONN at 8 wins. There is no way for us to know that, so speculating makes no sense. And I absolutely stand by my statement that WSU had more returning offensive talent than we did, save for running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom