Anyone still doubting UConn now? | The Boneyard

Anyone still doubting UConn now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...one-run-ncaa-men-basketball-championship-game

At least one writer from ESPN got it right.....Article written by Dana O'Neil

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Saint Joseph's essentially ran out of players in overtime.

Villanova was done in by another lousy shooting night.

Iowa State didn't have its offensive lynchpin, Georges Niang.

Michigan State was just off, maybe tired from a slugfest win against Virginia two nights before.

And Florida didn't really play as well as it normally does.

That is one way to view Connecticut's steps toward its improbable appearance in the national championship game.

Here's another way, a more accurate way: The Huskies are really good.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The short answer is yes. I watched on ESPN last night Jay Williams, Dickie V and Seth Greenberg ALL chose "Big Blue" to cut down the nets. "just too much talent on Kentucky for UCONN to over come". Seriously? Honestly I don't really blame them. BUT Kentucky's run thru the NCAA's has been one nail biter after another. Once UCONN got past the OT victory at St Joes, the closes game was Iowa State, which if not for the red sea defense the last minute, would have been about a 10 point win too.

12 points over 'nova
5 points over ISU
6 points over MSU
10 points over Florida

None of them were blowouts but none of them were the nailbiters that Kentucky had to endure. I am, of course, a nervous wreck for Monday, but this is a game that UCONN certainly can win...

Reaction Score
We've lost to a team from Kentucky 3 times this year. Another chance for redemption. And pressure is on the opponent again.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Williams, Greenberg, Bilas ALL just picked UK on Sportscenter.
Good. I love that everyone is picking against UCONN. I don't think the team has been favored to win a single game in the NCAA's this year. Not sure how many of the experts even picked them over Joe's...

Reaction Score
Good. I love that everyone is picking against UCONN. I don't think the team has been favored to win a single game in the NCAA's this year. Not sure how many of the experts even picked them over Joe's...
Bilas went last and even he had to joke "Good news for UConn fans, I'm picking Kentucky."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle