Anyone have news regarding Natalie Butler? | The Boneyard

Anyone have news regarding Natalie Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm very interested in her off-season progress, but haven't heard much of anything about her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, word is she's going to be a starter next year. The numerous polls and threads on that subject have told us so... ;)

Seriously, not a lot of info on her for the summer, but we heard a lot about her during last year...
  1. She worked her butt off in practice and earned praise from all the coaches and her teammates
  2. She was not able to attend away games so she went to several (including the NCAA's I believe) on her own dime
She's the one player I'm MOST excited to see next season from a "newbie" standpoint. And I believe she's the one who has the greatest chance to be a huge impact player. I'm not saying she will average 15/10, but she provides something we did not have in the starting lineup last year - a Stef Dolson-like presence...

Reaction Score
Well, word is she's going to be a starter next year. The numerous polls and threads on that subject have told us so... ;)

Seriously, not a lot of info on her for the summer, but we heard a lot about her during last year...
  1. She worked her butt off in practice and earned praise from all the coaches and her teammates
  2. She was not able to attend away games so she went to several (including the NCAA's I believe) on her own dime
She's the one player I'm MOST excited to see next season from a "newbie" standpoint. And I believe she's the one who has the greatest chance to be a huge impact player. I'm not saying she will average 15/10, but she provides something we did not have in the starting lineup last year - a Stef Dolson-like presence...
Natalie Butler, a Virginia woman, I too am one who think she shall be a starter. Maybe, it's more of a hope/desire she shall start.
But going with your Boneyard "word is" statement---Butlers starting is akin to the description of a camel--a horse designed by committee.

Reaction Score
She maybe. May even be better. Dolson was not Big East Freshman of the year, Natalie Butler was.
That was the new BE, Dolson played in the old BE the massive most competitive conference in America before the split that included Uconn Louisville Rutgers ND Cuse Pitt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On this summer worn topic I am reminded of Marlon Brando's famous "line": the horror ... the horror.

Reaction Score
That was the new BE, Dolson played in the old BE the massive most competitive conference in America before the split that included Uconn Louisville Rutgers ND Cuse Pitt.

Oh! Where have I been? like I didn't know, LOL! You also forgot to mention different years, different everything..but still Freshman of the year, nevertheless!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Oh! Where have I been? like I didn't know, LOL! You also forgot to mention different years, different everything..but still Freshman of the year, nevertheless!
Don't worry about it. Some people also disputed that she'd be ANY good for UCONN based on her stats at Georgetown. After all, the NBE is a crappy conference so all those great scoring and rebounding numbers she put up were inflated blah blah.

I'm reminded of the orange loons who said UCONN wasn't any good because they played a weak schedule. And how proud they were that Tennessee was winning the mythical SOS championship while UCONN was busy actually winning actual NC's...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You go tell Dolson she is an Apple and see what happens
Just don't tell her she's a Big Apple. :p

And she would probably rebel against being an orange. I know Taurasi would.

Reaction Score
I think there has been a huge lack of any specific details about any of the four roster adds the Huskies will have this year. I would, barring any pre-season health or academic issues be quite surprised if the starting lineup was not Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, Nurse, and Natalie Butler. From all we could gather from the 14/15 season Butler practiced with the team at every opportunity. Unlike the freshman Butler has had a virtual year to learn the Geno way, gain comfort with her team, and top that off with 6'5" and pretty mobile. KLS, Boykin, and Collier have a learning curve to catch up on. Williams, Chong, & Ekmark have chances but none have 6'5" to start with. For now I am guessing GW will compete for first off the bench up front and Chong is probably the lead for either point or #2. All a guess until GA tells us so!

Reaction Score
Obviously her family has a lot of size. Natalie is 6'5". Dad and her brother are both taller.

Reaction Score

However, against Cal (Reshanda Gray, 1st round draft pick this year) Butler had 16/15 in one of her first college games. With an additional year working with Stewart, Stokes, et al, and the coaching staff, there is some reason to be optimistic about Butler.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well ...maybe! But, looking at this picture, she doesn't exactly look like one of the "bigs," does she? I wonder how tall Mom isn't? :D

The guy on the right played with this guy.

David%20Robinson%20Navy.jpg

Reaction Score
Well ...maybe! But, looking at this picture, she doesn't exactly look like one of the "bigs," does she? I wonder how tall Mom isn't? :D

Why did Geno accept a transfer, he dosen't usually like transfers, especially one so SHORT!!! Uconn recruits the prettiest women!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom