Anyone find anything wrong with | The Boneyard

Anyone find anything wrong with

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Really dominating performance. I'm sure there are things that Geno will point to that need to be worked on, but UCF seemed about equivalent to a really good high school team. I bet the Philly Belles, or some other AAU high school team could beat them.

Reaction Score
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...........................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................................Nope.

59 TO GO

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with Chong!

A really nice game, aggressive mindset, looking to make an impact at all times.

Definitely a step forward for Saniya.

Next up - let's see how many posters will try to turn my comments into something like, "Saniya's been playing like ^#&(*@& lately !!"

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I thought she looked very bea....nah, I'll let Doggy do it....:p

Reaction Score
What did Geno said to Kerith after the game? Saniya hit the pause button on her game for the last month. The criticism was because those who know what Saniya is capable of, like how she played tonight, watched her for the last month and knew she could play much better. Hopefully this gives her the confidence she'll need all the way through the remaining regular season games and the tournament. What a boost to the team that would be.

Reaction Score
What did Geno said to Kerith after the game? Saniya hit the pause button on her game for the last month. The criticism was because those who know what Saniya is capable of, like how she played tonight, watched her for the last month and knew she could play much better. Hopefully this gives her the confidence she'll need all the way through the remaining regular season games and the tournament. What a boost to the team that would be.

Could not have said it better!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll wade in - still not looking good on her three!:cool:
I actually think she is still not sure when to shoot that shot actually and the doubt is messing it up. But otherwise a really nice, aggressive game. Beautiful pass to Stewart after herself getting a beauty from Stef on the backdoor.
Was glad to see Banks finally take a shot as well!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
So you would say that things are looking up? Or would that mess with the mojo?

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
All these young ladies have the talent,or they wouldn't be here.Many times,the biggest challenge to overcome,personally,is not the game plan,shot selection,or position.It is the individual's confidence.All three girls need to build their confidence,and this game should help them realize that they can contribute.The more they get playing time,and build that confidence,the better for the team the remainder of the year,and next year.A good game for all three to build on.

Saniya did some really good things in this game,and though her outside shot is a little off at this time,it will come.Even the great Stewart had a period of struggling in the past,and most freshmen, especially,are no exception.-

Reaction Score
Saniya had a really nice game and (I was sitting court side - I know, very lucky!:)) you could see the confidence building through her facial expressions and movements. The game plan certainly seemed designed to give minutes and all the opportunities that come with them to Saniya, Kiah, and BB - a team focus to be ready as the season builds to a close. I would have preferred to see more minutes for MoJet since I love watching her game (and the increased energy she brings to the team) and had the seats last night to be able to indulge myself.

To me, the only thing that created some consternation/curiosity is how next season all the guards are going to have the minutes they might need to make the same type of leap that I felt Saniya made last night (I have not checked, but it felt like MoJet and Saniya swapped minutes last night). I have faith in Geno, but it will be interesting to see how he pulls it off. Meantime, a focus on this year, this team - and all looks very positive (it is such a pleasure to watch our women interact and the joy they find being together, particularly during the pre-game warm-up):)

Reaction Score
So you would say that things are looking up? Or would that mess with the mojo?

Yes. This week is a good one for leading into the Championship season, for many reasons. SC and BB in particular. In fact for the whole team to adapt to the emerging capability of SC and BB.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lurker - for next year as the team is currently comprised the combination of Stewart Kaleena, Kiah and Morgan will be splitting 60 minutes of playing time and the guards 60 minutes with a fair amount of time being logged by a one post four wing/guard configuration. And the answer is that the bench will be longer and therefore their minutes in games more limited. Not atypical for freshman. The following year with Kiah, Banks, and KML gone is when they will get their real chance to shine.
There is also this perception that you cannot develop with 10 minutes a game as a freshman which I just think is wrong. Most of the development happens in practice and the game time reinforces what you have learnt. 10 minutes can be plenty if they are a focused ten minutes.

Reaction Score
Yes, her shooting from the shoulder (uncharacteristic of a sharp shooter)
I agree with you. It is not characteristic of a sharp shooter. If it's her "natural" shooting stance, maybe it's too late for the coaches to mess with it, especially if she starts hitting a few threes with any consistency. But I fundamentally don't like it...she sacrifices fluidity and speed by taking passes and, instead of just launching the shot from in front of her face she transfers the ball to the off-shoulder position. Generally unsound, and a split-second slow, but I suppose the coaches have agreed to leave it alone.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Saniya better? Are you kidding? Last month there was a BY poster slamming her for having a 1.2 steals per game average during a 5 game stretch among other things, so now that she's down at under 0.9 you know she must really be in the dog house. And she's still only averaging 1.8 assists per game, and that was also said to be totally unacceptable. And at the same time they were ragging on her for not shooting more 3s, and she's dropped from 36% down to 32%, so clearly now she's not an outside threat to be depended on.

But like Kara says, on a team of AAs, Saniya is not required to score 17 points for the Huskies, though she has capable of it when the opportunities open up against a team like UCF. And there is a reason that Geno keeps starting her now no matter how many times the pause button gets stuck for half a season or so. Throughout, she has been providing the active defense, switching off, and playing within the Husky system in a way that belies her freshman status.

Perhaps the best indication of her current role was in the final minutes at the end of the game after Polly subbed in for Bria. Who was the calm assured experienced PG vet running the action and keeping the Husky group of herself, Brianna, Polly,TLaw, and Kiah on an even keel while knifing in for one more rebound to earn a double-double? Heartwarming, and we should all pause to thank our lucky stars she's there to be plugged into the KML voids when needed. It's been tough bouncing back and forth for the freshman, but for most fans, she seems to be coming through it pretty well.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. It is not characteristic of a sharp shooter. If it's her "natural" shooting stance, maybe it's too late for the coaches to mess with it, especially if she starts hitting a few threes with any consistency. But I fundamentally don't like it...she sacrifices fluidity and speed by taking passes and, instead of just launching the shot from in front of her face she transfers the ball to the off-shoulder position. Generally unsound, and a split-second slow, but I suppose the coaches have agreed to leave it alone.

Very well analysis and informative. I totally agree with you 100%. For her to change the technique maybe to late.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Substantial muscle learning/adaptation/change is extremely difficult for anyone/any athlete…in fact, any change to anyone is. I bet many Boneyarders would refuse to accept a new pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom