Anyone else just listen to Geno show?? | The Boneyard

Anyone else just listen to Geno show??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And find it absolutely a total waste of time?
How boring....Geno was talking about farming. ....

Reaction Score
This series is for the people interested in farming ....LOL

Reaction Score
The discussion concerned two players....Pulido and Lawlor...Lawlor wants to own a farm someday and has taught Coach a lot about Farming...And Polly's desire to be a doctor...It was an update about two players you don't hear about often..

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As a former farmer, I appreciate that kids can go to UCONN in 2016 and still want to own a farm. Lawlor wants Geno to buy it for her!!;)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
That's how Uconn started. In the 1800's, the Storrs brothers donated land to start an Agricultural College. Many years ago, it was called Storrs College.

Reaction Score
Not going to make this mean spirited. Just a difference of opinion. I would have loved to hear his insight on this topic! How many times can you really appreciate the same replies to the same old redundant questions? If you like the person you will enjoy the topic, it is as simple as that. Geno is never a waste of time. Also knows his wines and grapes. Vino, farm product, good stuff. :D

The discussion concerned two players....Pulido and Lawlor...Lawlor wants to own a farm someday and has taught Coach a lot about Farming...And Polly's desire to be a doctor...It was an update about two players you don't hear about often..
NICE....I thank of farmers three times a day at least! ;)

Reaction Score
As a graduate of UConn's College of Agriculture (Animal Science) I appreciate any recognition of our agricultural roots and their continued importance. I was especially pleased when I toured the campus last summer after many years and saw that the agricultural areas were upgraded nearly as much as the rest of the campus. And everyone appreciates the Dairy Bar!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As a graduate of UConn's College of Agriculture (Animal Science) I appreciate any recognition of our agricultural roots and their continued importance. I was especially pleased when I toured the campus last summer after many years and saw that the agricultural areas were upgraded nearly as much as the rest of the campus. And everyone appreciates the Dairy Bar!

Feel the same way about my alma mater Cornell.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
As someone who spent 8 years working as an Extension agent, and who lives in farm country, I, too, am very appreciative of agriculture, particularly of the dying tradition of family-owned farms.

Kudos to Tierney for having this goal - just another reason to love her!

Reaction Score
Lots of connections here! I was an Extension Agent (4-H) in NYS! So I worked for Cornell and enjoyed their Dairy Bar too!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Lots of connections here! I was an Extension Agent (4-H) in NYS! So I worked for Cornell and enjoyed their Dairy Bar too!

Five years in Maine (Aroostook County 4-H) and then in Wisconsin as a Community and Natural Resources Agent.

I used a lot of resources from Cornell, even after I left Extension and became a county planner. Our oldest daughter considered Cornell when applying for college- we had a nice visit to Ithaca.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Still miss the apple orchards now plowed under for the garage and the dorms behind!

Reaction Score
Not going to make this mean spirited. Just a difference of opinion. I would have loved to hear his insight on this topic! How many times can you really appreciate the same replies to the same old redundant questions? If you like the person you will enjoy the topic, it is as simple as that. Geno is never a waste of time. Also knows his wines and grapes. Vino, farm product, good stuff. :D

NICE....I thank of farmers three times a day at least! ;)
Kudos Woof, I completely agree. I enjoyed that Joe D. would take a few minutes and actually ask Geno about the two walk-ons. And Geno took time to really acknowledge both of them, which no doubt has to be a thrill for both of them and their families. To me, the point wasn't exactly the farming, although that was interesting. The point was that you could tell Geno knew as much about these two kids and cares about them as he does his star players. That says a lot about what type of program he, CD and the other staff run.

Reaction Score
As someone who spent 8 years working as an Extension agent, and who lives in farm country, I, too, am very appreciative of agriculture, particularly of the dying tradition of family-owned farms.

Kudos to Tierney for having this goal - just another reason to love her!
We should all be appreciative of agriculture (especially ORGANIC farming) which was the first occupation in the Garden of Eden by the Creator

Reaction Score
We should all be appreciative of agriculture (especially ORGANIC farming) which was the first occupation in the Garden of Eden by the Creator
Don't forget to march against Monsanto next month...

HGN

Reaction Score
I think its nice that Coach takes an interest in all of his players lives and future plans...........even the initial walk-ons. And not just the super stars. Whether its farming , ditch-digging , or whatever. He is interested in them not just as players but also as a person.

When they walked 0n unto the team he gave them a spot . Maybe it was at the end of the bench but it was on the team. Then last year he gave both of them Full Scholarships. A lot of coaches would not have done that.

He cares , and I like that in him.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Walk-ons are unsung heroes. They have to do everything scholarship athletes do, but have to do it without the benefit of having their classes planned around practices & travel. Not sure if they have the tutoring help of their scholarship counterparts either. Glad that Geno rewarded their hard work with scholarships. Very classy of him!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Was an interesting show. Susan Herbst was on and Geno interviewed her. Said he was proud of the fact that in his restaurant, on two different occassions, a professor from Notre Dame and one from Princeton was being interviewed for a position at UCONN.
Geno asked her what is the biggest difference in being a university President from 10 years ago and she said the University is now an economic driver for the state. Pressure on the university to come up with new innovations and help the state replace manufacturing.

Also, they spoke about the new road and how it will look like a new campus before you get to campus full of innovation and technology parks.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Feel the same way about my alma mater Cornell.

RMB2 - An interesting tidbit about Cornell. It's co founder Ezra Cornell was a direct descendent of Thomas Cornell of Newport RI. Thomas was convicted of murdering his mother Rebecca Briggs and was hanged in Portsmouth, RI in 1673. One of the main pieces of evidence against him was a witness that testified that Rebecca visited him in a dream and said that Thomas had done her in. Bet you didn't see that in the student handbook.

Thomas had a daughter with wife Sarah Earle that was born a couple of months after the hanging. She was named Innocent. That was an obvious statement from her mother, but I'm not sure who's innocence she was protesting. Sarah Earle was also accused of the murder shortly after Thomas was hanged but never went to trial. Innocent went on to marry Richard Borden. She was a direct ancestor of Lizzie Borden of 40 whacks fame. Sarah Earle later married a man named David Lake who was the son of Alice Lake. Alice was one of 4 women that was executed as a witch in Dorchester MA around 1651.

Ya' gotta' love puritan New England.

Sorry for the hijack :oops:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Was an interesting show. Susan Herbst was on and Geno interviewed her. Said he was proud of the fact that in his restaurant, on two different occassions, a professor from Notre Dame and one from Princeton was being interviewed for a position at UCONN.
Geno asked her what is the biggest difference in being a university President from 10 years ago and she said the University is now an economic driver for the state. Pressure on the university to come up with new innovations and help the state replace manufacturing.

Also, they spoke about the new road and how it will look like a new campus before you get to campus full of innovation and technology parks.

Albeit, apparently not a very good one. Herbst has been predicting dire consequences if the guv cuts state support (read taxpayer) for the school.

Reaction Score

Hey one of the highlights of the food service at West Virginia University when I went there was the fresh dairy products in the dining halls that came from the university's dairy farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom