Anybody Seen Miami? | The Boneyard

Anybody Seen Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wondering how good they are. In the second round could face a talented Colorado squad. The kind of team that can go off on you but may struggle in the end of games.

Reaction Score
I am pulling for Miami all the way!! To see a former Beast bottom feeder win the NC would be great.

Reaction Score
I saw the last 10 minutes, and facing a hostile "neutral-site" crowd in Greensboro (which we remember all too well from 15 years ago) they answered a challenge from an improved North Carolina team, and buried them at the end. Larkin is the real deal, and they're a good veteran team with a good veteran coach.

Reaction Score
They're very experienced with a very good point guard. They could make it far in the tourney.

Reaction Score
They are a senior laden team and they are very good especially Barry Larkin kid.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They should beat Colorado pretty easily.

They're almost like the prototypical mid-major that makes a run in the tourney - they're senior citizens by college hoop standards these days. They're actually older than the average Pitt team.

The only thing that can trip them up is karma and the power of good.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Sounds like they are set for a long run. Thing about the Tourney is it just takes one off night vs a team that starts draining shots and you're done. They have a great record. Beat a decent MS team early but lost to Ariz (PAC) who CU should have beaten twice during the season. Loss to Wake is a head scratcher. Were they locked in by then?

Reaction Score
I like this Miami team. One thing that I factor in to my bracket is swagger and it teams have to have it to win the NCAA Tournament and they have it. Shane Larkin is very good and he does a very good job running the team. I have them in the Final Four losing to Kansas.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Miami-Butler Sweet 16 could be a great game. Keep in mind no players have NCAA experience, but I think their coach has a won a game or two?

:(

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh they could face Colorado. How frightening. Colorado should worry about getting to the second round before they worry about who they upset.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Butler makes the Sweet Sixteen. That is just not a good basketball team.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Butler makes the Sweet Sixteen. That is just not a good basketball team.
I completely agree about them not being good. However, neither is marq and I think they match up well with bucknell. So don't be surprised if they get there and Miami runs them out of the gym.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into the Miami loss at Wake Forest. I watched a good chunk of that game and it was just one of those days for Miami honestly.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Sounds like they are set for a long run. Thing about the Tourney is it just takes one off night vs a team that starts draining shots and you're done. They have a great record. Beat a decent MS team early but lost to Ariz (PAC) who CU should have beaten twice during the season. Loss to Wake is a head scratcher. Were they locked in by then?
They weren't at full strength when they played zona. Every team has a WTF game, Wake was miamis WTF game

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I completely agree about them not being good. However, neither is marq and I think they match up well with bucknell. So don't be surprised if they get there and Miami runs them out of the gym.

Well yeah... Marquette might not get through a round too and it's an easier trip. If Butler gets to the Elite Eight they should just put Stevens in the Hall of Fame. They just don't have a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom