Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that she'll be going to UCONN. Connecticut has the exposure and proven results. Geno is the best, most proven coach in college basketball and his players have consistently developed into top rate WNBA players and Olympians. He also has done an outstanding job of landing #1 recruits in the past, signing 6 of the last 11 top overall recruits. She also mentions how she wants to grow her brand and get exposure--at UCONN she'd be in the spotlight for all 4 years and will likely be the face of women's college basketball for at least 2 of those seasons.

Notre Dame has an outside shot and is the obvious pick if she wants to cement her legacy as the player who pushed Notre Dame over the top. Her presence at Notre Dame could change the face of college basketball for the next four years. Muffett is also one of the nation's best at developing talent. The fact that Westbrook is also announcing today makes me think they might be a packaged deal, but there is just no room on the wing to accomodate those 2, Young, Ogunbowale and Mabrey for 2 years. 5 REALLY good players for 2 spots isn't going to work, especially when you have other elite players on the roster who will man PG and post duties.

Texas--I'd be stunned if she ends up there. Texas is still a step or two away from being a championship contender, and historically the best players go to the best programs. The only major exceptions I can think of are EDD, whose decision was family based, and DD going to UNC.

I'd put odds at 70% UCONN, 25% Notre Dame, 5%

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Also on ESPN right?

Coco:
According to the ESPN press release, she'll be interviewed on the ESPNu recruiting show, but after she makes the announcement. So, the facebook is probably the way to watch live and then get an interview sometime in that program.
We Irish then have Evina Westbrook at 7 p.m.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The fact that there is a "the decision" show doesn't bode well for UConn in my opinion, but who knows? Texas has the most at stake here - they could take a big step forward.

Texas certainly would benefit the most. Holmes is going to be a super star in a year or two. I think she will be more impactful than Turner is at ND. Add Walker with Holmes and also the top PG that UT has coming in and in a couple of years they will be a regular FF participant.

Reaction Score
I was analyzing the placement of the team color balloons, but then realized I felt too much like a Kremlinologist trying to study who the third guy on the left was standing next to Leonid Brezhnev. Haha, I'll just be patient and wait for 6pm.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was analyzing the placement of the team color balloons, but then realized I felt too much like a Kremlinologist trying to study who the third guy on the left was standing next to Leonid Brezhnev. Haha, I'll just be patient and wait for 6pm.
I really think you were on to something there.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
We're live...so far all I see is some futzing around with a projector.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Zip up jacket on, all the better for the big unzip and reveal college t-shirt move.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She's coming to UCONN!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads