Anybody getting a celebratory UConn tattoo? | The Boneyard

Anybody getting a celebratory UConn tattoo?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The thought crossed my mind.

Issues:

Not huge on needles
Super picky about art
Don’t want a single image
Would go big or none, like a sleeve
Never had a tattoo
No clue on Artists (like photo realism)
No rush

Dare I? Or avoid.

Who’s got UConn body art?

I’m not writing Sliders & Curveballs Podcast on my leg. 11 yr old idea this morning.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The thought crossed my mind.

Issues:

Not huge on needles
Super picky about art
Don’t want a single image
Would go big or none, like a sleeve
Never had a tattoo
No clue on Artists (like photo realism)
No rush

Dare I? Or avoid.

Who’s got UConn body art?

I’m not writing Sliders & Curveballs Podcast on my leg. 11 yr old idea this morning.
Our sons are the same age and think alike. I’m not a tattoo guy but he said I need to get one of the Husky logo. A long debate ensued about whether I would get the old logo or the new logo. (I’m not getting a tattoo)

GemParty

Reaction Score
Our sons are the same age and think alike. I’m not a tattoo guy but he said I need to get one of the Husky logo. A long debate ensued about whether I would get the old logo or the new logo. (I’m not getting a tattoo)

The logos are always tricky to me also.

Reaction Score
I got one last year after we won, just the current logo head. I am planning on having my artist add the years under it.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I got one last year after we won, just the current logo head. I am planning on having my artist add the years under it.
Leave space for more! How long was your session? How big?

Reaction Score
Leave space for more! How long was your session? How big?

When she did this one I thought about doing the years and putting a coma after last years lol.

It took about an hour, and its probably 3" x 3" or so. Its mostly black with blue eyes and red tongue.

Reaction Score
I would get the old logo or the new logo.
Old logo
UConnHusky_Logo_timelineS.0.jpg

Reaction Score
If you're not big on needles and you've never been tattooed before, I would suggest you start out small and see how it goes. You can add to it and turn it into a large piece once you know you're good with being tattooed. Everyone is different, and some people don't do well...others can sit for hours while having their ribs tattooed. I would also suggest getting the first one somewhere that's less painful, like the outer upper arm. And do your research! Tattoo removal works well, but it is painful and expensive. So make sure you get something you love, done by a good artist. Best of luck and go Huskies!

Reaction Score
And do your research!

Great advice. You are bound to have a friend with a few tats, see who did theirs, check that artists socials so you can see their style etc.

Reaction Score
I broke a promise last year after the title that I would get one, and then said if we repeat I will actually do it. So I have to make good on my word. I'm thinking of just doing the championship years and keeping it simple. I am also terrified of needles lol

Posted this on twitter but I may do this:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I will be getting a Husky tattoo soon, but not necessarily just for this title.

Maybe adding in some representation of the 6 titles somewhere, haven't decided. But going with a realistic looking Husky

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I broke a promise last year after the title that I would get one, and then said if we repeat I will actually do it. So I have to make good on my word. I'm thinking of just doing the championship years and keeping it simple. I am also terrified of needles lol

That's dope, but I don't know about that spot. Maybe do that exact thing but somewhere else.

Reaction Score
That's dope, but I don't know about that spot. Maybe do that exact thing but somewhere else.
I keep going back and forth between wanting it to be visible at all times or not. But if it was visible, then I'd want it to be small like that. People also gotta just make sure it wouldn't cause any issues at work if they choose the visible route lol

Reaction Score

That's an easy call, always go with the neck tat.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I keep going back and forth between wanting it to be visible at all times or not. But if it was visible, then I'd want it to be small like that. People also gotta just make sure it wouldn't cause any issues at work if they choose the visible route lol

That's what I'd worry about - I have plenty and visible on my arms, but my neck and that area is still a bit "weird" to me and I'm way into tattoos.

Even if you did that but maybe down your shoulder/traps or on the back of your neck under your hairline?

I like arm tats the best so if I was going to do that exact tattoo, I'd probably go tricep or forearm/wrist area.

I dig that idea though.

Reaction Score
That's what I'd worry about - I have plenty and visible on my arms, but my neck and that area is still a bit "weird" to me and I'm way into tattoos.

Even if you did that but maybe down your shoulder/traps or on the back of your neck under your hairline?

I like arm tats the best so if I was going to do that exact tattoo, I'd probably go tricep or forearm/wrist area.

I dig that idea though.
One potential problem there is that I may run out of room because Hurley is going to win us at least another 3 titles by 2030 lol

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Not enough space on my body to allocate for future championships. My own personal rule is to have none of my tattoos show if I am wearing a T-shirt and shorts.

Reaction Score
For the love of god, never get a tattoo that wont look good as it stands alone (needs more/additions to make it look full, unless you plan on doing a sleeve).

I encourage you to pick things that are artistically sound that encapsulates the meaning you desire. For example, in my mind, a badass artistic rendition of Gampel would look a million times better than a logo with numbers under it.

I'm not a fan of looking at a tattoo and immediately understanding the entirety of it. Your body is a canvas, not a billboard :)

Reaction Score
Go for it. Get a full sleeve. It will hurt and take hours and hours to complete but well worth it. Life is short. Stop living on the fringe.

Reaction Score
Here's an full logo example I found years ago

That looks pretty good to me (as a non-tattoo guy). But the apostrophes are going in the wrong direction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom