Anybody else up for an alt UCONN uniform? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anybody else up for an alt UCONN uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
-they make girls wear nothing but them right before they Fecundity
... one of the funniest sentences ever uttered on the Boneyard....

cool unis are cool unis
It really is that simple. Much rather have a cool, fresh uni than a simple/boring/traditional. It's an attention getter, a conversation piece. Our unis are nice, but not attention getting. I don't want UConn to replicate MD, but there's a happy medium between what they did and what we've got.

Reaction Score
The problem isn't cool fresh uniforms, its ugly dumb ones like Wisconsin and Nebraska (brought to you by the letter N) or those clown costumes that Maryland wore. The players should just refuse to wear them. there are some that are really fresh and cool, so to speak. But some of them are just ugly, and some are so predictable it reminds you of fashion week in New York...Black was the color for 2010...this year its grey. Everyone seems to have a grey alternate uniform. next year some guy at Nike will fall in love with puce and half the teams in the country will have a puce alternate. And the problem is that it seems that once you let Nike or Addidas do this there is just no stopping them and it seems you can't say NO when they come up with puce uniforms with roman numerals and the names written in greek.

Reaction Score
I just wish your school would at least make the font of your uniforms, well, uniform across football and basketball. Sometimes it feels like two different schools playing.

You want the block C to mean something, put it on the basketball team.

Unless if they already do have uniforms with the block font, then you can disregard that.

Reaction Score
I wish we knock the university of new jersey out the running for a conference title again, on our way to our third.

Reaction Score
I mean yeah, cause I came in here to bash your football team and not the inconsistent uniform situation.

Also, regarding uniforms bringing in recruits, they may not be a big reason, but these 16-17 year old kids do want to look cool. And looking cool apparently means wearing shiny silver helmets to some of them.

The world of a young person is a weird place.

Reaction Score
I mean yeah, cause I came in here to bash your football team and not the inconsistent uniform situation.

Also, regarding uniforms bringing in recruits, they may not be a big reason, but these 16-17 year old kids do want to look cool. And looking cool apparently means wearing shiny silver helmets to some of them.

The world of a young person is a weird place.
Does someone from Rutgers actually know about football? we know they don't get basketball...

Reaction Score
We know enough to know that even though you guys have actually won the Big East, you're still looked at as inferior to us in the sport.

That must hurt.

And look what you did, I never wanted to troll this place since I do like UCONN but here you go.

Reaction Score
We know enough to know that even though you guys have actually won the Big East, you're still looked at as inferior to us in the sport.

That must hurt.

And look what you did, I never wanted to troll this place since I do like UCONN but here you go.

LOL. Take it easy bud. I fully expect the trip down the turnpike to one of the most difficult we've got this year. Lots of change down there since last november, but the players remaining aren't going to forget what happened at Rentschler last fall. It was an ass pasting you guys got, from us - and you a team that had aspirations of going where we've been. That's good motivation for you guys, that we're going to have to work real hard to overcome.

Reaction Score
Just give me a white helmet with a blue block C and I'll be happy. I also think a racing stipe might be worth a look.

Reaction Score
Just give me a white helmet with a blue block C and I'll be happy. I also think a racing stipe might be worth a look.

You know what I want? I want a football team, that doesn't need a fancy uniform to get people interested. Win the games.

Reaction Score
Just keep the husky off the helmet and you can't go wrong.

I like the idea of all black with blue trim, similar to our all blacks last year.

10125989-standard.jpg

And I know it may be hard for you guys to accept since you have had more tangible success in football, but I believe to most people RU football is seen as being above UCONN football.

Reaction Score
Hi all....long time lurker but first time poster and recent alumni (relatively speaking) here!

Need to put in my two cents regarding this topic...a 3rd jersey is a absolute must have now a days. Anyone who thinks that these kids don't care about it either is not with the times. Case in point...look at how crazy these players get when they find out they are going to be wearing black jerseys.

While I don't know if I would go the blackout look for UConn since its been done by everyone at this point I definately wouldn't mind seeing a whiteout look. White helmets with a blue block C I think would look great. White jerseys and white pants with a blue stripe down the side. Someone get Nike on the phone!!

Reaction Score
Yep, and the things we heard from recruits regarding our new uniforms was enough for me to think the change was worth it.

It's all about the edge you can get in recruiting, and free uniforms from Nike is a cost effective way of doing it.

Reaction Score
Just keep the husky off the helmet and you can't go wrong.

I like the idea of all black with blue trim, similar to our all blacks last year.

10125989-standard.jpg

And I know it may be hard for you guys to accept since you have had more tangible success in football, but I believe to most people RU football is seen as being above UCONN football.

Please, somebody stick this up in the UConn lockerroom. Today.

Reaction Score
You know what I want? I want a football team, that doesn't need a fancy uniform to get people interested. Win the games.

That's because you're boring, I want us to win and look good too.

Reaction Score
And you guys do know the uniforms are FREE right? No cost to the school and it helps in recruiting?

Why the hell not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The swooshy stripes on the pants along with the piping that never ends are the worst. The classic three stripe on the pants and maybe even on helmet would be nice slight adjustments to an already classic uniform. Throw in that johnathan helmet once or twice a year or flip flop the helmet to white with the navy 3stripe, never ever use Black in any of our uniforms and we'll be playing in the Big 10 in no time.

Kind of silly to do a black uni when your school color is National Flag Blue, the color which as close to being black as is possible without actually being black, IMO. I have no problem with an occasional special uniform though especially if it incorporates the husky dog helmet and is coupled with a white out or blue out game.

Reaction Score
Yep, and the things we heard from recruits regarding our new uniforms was enough for me to think the change was worth it.

It's all about the edge you can get in recruiting, and free uniforms from Nike is a cost effective way of doing it.

We've had a relationship with Nike long before Rutgers did, they designed our uniforms a few years back. If you are recruiting kids based on how your uniforms look, then your program is out of touch.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone besides Oregon does that. It's just something that helps to get you noticed in a recruits eyes, and yes, to them looking 'cool' means something. It won't be the only reason a recruit chooses a place, but in this day and age anything that helps, ya know?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Kind of silly to do a black uni when your school color is National Flag Blue, the color which as close to being black as is possible without actually being black, IMO.

THIS! National flag blue is pretty dark, and if UConn wanted to do a different logo for a game or two, or a different style for a game or two, that's fine with me. But the black jersey is unnecessary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom