Any space for UMass football in all this conference madness? | The Boneyard

Any space for UMass football in all this conference madness?

Reaction Score
I personally wish them all the best ALWAYS, as long as UConn beats them. A strong/growing UMass football is good for us, too. that being said, does anyone know of talk/discussion on where they are during all this ongoing conference stuff? Sincerely hoping they find a home as well, before their runway ends.

Reaction Score
If UConn gets a B12 invite I know a conference that might have an opening. They can then drop their football back to FCS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since the AAC grabbed 6 schools with no interest, it seems like 2 choices. Back to the MAC and finally conceding the A-10 hoops thing if they could find a partner ( Temple would probably be bettor off than in the AAC that remains) . Or I'm sure C-USA would take them with open arms. Either way being one of only 2 1/2 Indy teams left ( ACC- Notre Dame 5 games) would seem to get tougher scheduling wise

Maybe they can just do a tour of 1 off body bag games and make alot more than most of these G-5 conferences do by far, LOL!

Reaction Score
I’m an UMass employee and I can assure you that they invest the bare minimum to Football and their investment in athletics is a fraction of UConn’s. Their focus is elsewhere like research and sustainability.

Reaction Score
UMass, UConn, Navy, Army, Temple, Villanova, Delaware form a 7 team alliance for a TV contract and scheduling. That’s 6 scheduled games with room for each program to schedule the balance independently.

Temple would need to go A10 for this arrangement. I’d take Temple to the Big East but the conference isn’t likely ready for that addition.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UMass, UConn, Navy, Army, Temple, Villanova, Delaware form a 7 team alliance for a TV contract and scheduling. That’s 6 scheduled games with room for each program to schedule the balance independently.

Temple would need to go A10 for this arrangement. I’d take Temple to the Big East but the conference isn’t likely ready for that addition.
If Nova once again floats the idea of moving up, will they revisit the plan of playing some of their home games at a 22k seat MLS stadium?

Reaction Score
If Nova once again floats the idea of moving up, will they revisit the plan of playing some of their home games at a 22k seat MLS stadium?
Play most at the MLS stadium and a few at the Linc.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Play most at the MLS stadium and a few at the Linc.
That says all I need to know.

By the way, I doubt the Linc would be available

Reaction Score
Also , their on campus stadium isn’t large enough. Played their MAC games at Gillette.

Reaction Score

Nova had more than enough chances for big time FB. No need to drag Uconn down to some mediocre fantasy. I'll give Nova a better plan. Contact Yormark, with a $300-400 mil investment plan for FBS and a stadium, I'd bet he'd be glad to listen.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UMass would be smart to tread water and see how streaming plays out.

Reaction Score
That says all I need to know.

By the way, I doubt the Linc would be available
2017-2019, pre-Covid, UConn averaged less than 20k. Last season 22k.

For Nova, Temple at the Linc every year plus one other marquee game.

Reaction Score
Guess someone needs to play there after UConn builds the state of the art on campus stadium. There is an international soccer game there today.

Reaction Score
I wish UMass well. As long as they are FBS we should play them as some sort of border war/rivalry game. That said, i am only worried about UConn's future at the moment. The AAC should have added them but I'm not sure UMass has their stuff together in FB yet.

Reaction Score
Most of their alumni is in greater Boston though.
Oh, so you mean off-campus (an hour & a half away in this case) is a good thing ! ....Now, now don't get the hopeless romantic crowd going again, LOL !

Reaction Score

Is this a serious comment? I like @Zissou as a poster so this can’t be serious.

Reaction Score
Is this a serious comment? I like @Zissou as a poster so this can’t be serious.
I’ve stated many times if UConn gets a P5 invite it takes it in a heartbeat. No question.

But if UConn doesn’t get an invite, would this be better or worse than a fully independent schedule?

Reaction Score
I’ve stated many times if UConn gets a P5 invite it takes it in a heartbeat. No question.

But if UConn doesn’t get an invite, would this be better or worse than a fully independent schedule?
Stay independent. I believe only one 1AA win counts towards a bowl invite. Nova and Delaware are both 1AA so only one win would count towards a bowl invite if UConn defeats both.

Reaction Score

I get it now. This is your attempt to bankrupt the UConn athletic department so Nova can dominate Big East basketball once again. Smart move!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom