Another way too early Top 25 from ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another way too early Top 25 from ESPN

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think LSU could end up being more balanced as a team next year instead of strictly just two players carrying the team

But like I said earlier in the transfer thread, adding star players does not equate to automatic success. It will take work to mold a collective group of players (no matter how talented they are) into a team. The portal does so much good but chemistry is extremely important and this is where coaching matters.

I do expect the defense this season to be significantly better with the addition of Starkey and it being year two under Kim. The defense was a hot mess last season but they scored the ball very well.

I will be interested to see how the rest of the portal shapes out. Still a lot of kids out there plus this doesn't include grad transfers who could pull the trigger to transfer at any moment.
Adding stars usually helps teams that are in rebuild mode which is the case for LSU after losing so much to graduation. I dont think it is as beneficial for a team that already had a filled out lineup of talented kids (ex. I dont think adding in Stevens helped UCONN much in 2018, nor did adding Cardoso help SC much this year).

Picking up Reese is massive, it gives Kim an All American player to build around and should make LSU a lot more competitive next year.

Reaction Score
Adding stars usually helps teams that are in rebuild mode which is the case for LSU after losing so much to graduation. I dont think it is as beneficial for a team that already had a filled out lineup of talented kids (ex. I dont think adding in Stevens helped UCONN much in 2018, nor did adding Cardoso help SC much this year).

Picking up Reese is massive, it gives Kim an All American player to build around and should make LSU a lot more competitive next year.
You do make a good point, it is probably much more beneficial for a team like that after they lost so many players.

Definitely got a massive upgrade in the post adding Reese and LaDazhia Williams. Morris is terrific but it will be interesting to see who around her will step up. They add more players this offseason who can shoot the 3, it was essentially only Pointer and Morris next year. Stretching the floor will be important against the better teams to open things up some inside. It should be exciting to watch. Season ticket demands definitely going to shoot up after this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom