Another transfer: Chris Obekpa | The Boneyard

Another transfer: Chris Obekpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
pretty sad that is you are a St. Johns fan that you would long for the "Mike Jarvis days" , but they must be.

Reaction Score
NBE losing top players AND coaches now.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Guess it isn't always about the money. He should of stuck with Cincinnati. Think how good UC would have been this year with him!

I wonder how shady this transfer recruitment will be...there is a reason why UC will no longer deal with Our Savior Academy in New York.

Reaction Score
Wow, that is a huge blow to St Johns. Amazing that a school that calls MSG their home can be so completely inept.

I posted last week that St Johns is the school that would be a perfect fit for Calhoun, he'd have them in the tournament in two years, and I think he would take the job.

Reaction Score
Lavin has no returning big men and no commits for 2014.
Sanchez, Gods Gift "graduate"
Sampson turns pro with his 1 three pointer
Obekpa transfer

I'd be surprised if Jordan didn't enter draft or go to Europe after this.

I hope they didn't let Lavin sign that extension because that's a 5-10 win team next year without 2 impact transfers. Everyone knows he can't coach but until recently he could recruit.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Weren't we the leaders for him until the APR postseason ban possibility surfaced?

Reaction Score
I'll pass. Brimah is already better than him and the gap will only continue to grow. The shot blocking is nice, but the kid averages less than eight points per 40 minutes. With Brimah, Facey, and Nolan already in the fold, there just isn't really a pressing need for somebody like him.

Reaction Score
I'll pass. Brimah is already better than him and the gap will only continue to grow. The shot blocking is nice, but the kid averages less than eight points per 40 minutes. With Brimah, Facey, and Nolan already in the fold, there just isn't really a pressing need for somebody like him.
I kind of agree with you but this kid had/has a world of talent and could have made a pretty nice living just on the defensive end especially if he hadn't subjected himself to Lavin.

Reaction Score
Borzello already mentioned Oregon as a possible landing spot, it seems like they operate with 20 scholarships b/w incoming recruits and transfers

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not going to speculate on his recruit - it was messy and Oregon's flexibility on such matters makes them a natural.

But here we have exhibit A in the evidence that Lavin can't coach - this kid regressed in a big, bad way this year. His playing time dropped and his numbers were flat.

He's the worst foul shooter since Arinze Onuaku, but he has a little bit of ability offensively and he should be a much better defender. He'd be an interesting project in the right system.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not going to speculate on his recruit - it was messy and Oregon's flexibility on such matters makes them a natural.

But here we have exhibit A in the evidence that Lavin can't coach - this kid regressed in a big, bad way this year. His playing time dropped and his numbers were flat.

He's the worst foul shooter since Arinze Onuaku, but he has a little bit of ability offensively and he should be a much better defender. He'd be an interesting project in the right system.
Every good post has at least 1 Cuse jab to the body.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Steve Lavin promised a lot to many players he recruited and never came close to producing what his mouth was selling.

I prefer Obi as I think his upside is bigger and would help UCONN more overall

Reaction Score
Oregon really has something going huh…..amazing how everyone that is a question mark ends up there?:eek:

Reaction Score
I really wanted him but now I will take AB over him both on and off the court... He should have came to Uconn in the first place.. dont even pay him a minute

Reaction Score
Id rather get Obi but either guy would be a HUGE get by us. Slide either guy into the 4 with Brimah at the 5 and wow! An already pretty good team becomes fully loaded Uconn early 2000`s style. Brimah and Obi with the perimeter guys we`ll have next year especially if DD comes back:eek:

Reaction Score
Guess it isn't always about the money. He should of stuck with Cincinnati. Think how good UC would have been this year with him!

I wonder how shady this transfer recruitment will be...there is a reason why UC will no longer deal with Our Savior Academy in New York.
It would give y'all another player who is unable to put the ball into the basket. I thought you had enough of those?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
It would give y'all another player who is unable to put the ball into the basket. I thought you had enough of those?
Would have been nice to have some front court depth. Thankfully we look to have that taken care of next year.

Can't be upset we lost out on Obekpa though, his handlers made it clear that they wanted him at a big Nike school. That is why it is no shock Oregon is involved this time around, they almost snuck in and stole him from St. John's out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom