Another Hurley Thread | The Boneyard

Another Hurley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember how down fans were. Passed over in realignment, stuck in the AAC, not landing high profile recruits.

Then Hurley arrives and he had a vision of what UConn should be and like a mad scientist, he went to work. He knew when he said those prophetic words.

"People better get us now cause it's coming"

How right was he. It's Here!

Thank you coach Hurley.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw how he took that URI program from a complete dumpster fire and turned them into a top 25 team for multiple years and I knew he had great potential if he came here, but what he's done has simply wildly exceeded my expectations. Who would have thought 6 years ago when we hired him with the state the program was in, that by 2024 he would win us back to back national titles and be regarded as the best coach in the sport? Just unbelievable. The guy is a lunatic obsessed with winning and the absolute perfect fit here in Connecticut. The only thing we can do now is hope and pray that he sticks around for another 15-20 years.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness he is a lunatic!! I do not think his coaching style will work in the NBA. He holds everyone accountable and you must sacrifice personal stats for the better of the team. He also requires you to play defense. Hurley even admitted that in an interview. He said something along the lines of the score being 150 to 140, they don’t play defense . I just think his style is perfect for college.

Reaction Score
I saw how he took that URI program from a complete dumpster fire and turned them into a top 25 team for multiple years and I knew he had great potential if he came here, but what he's done has simply wildly exceeded my expectations. Who would have thought 6 years ago when we hired him with the state the program was in, that by 2024 he would win us back to back national titles and be regarded as the best coach in the sport? Just unbelievable. The guy is a lunatic obsessed with winning and the absolute perfect fit here in Connecticut. The only thing we can do now is hope and pray that he sticks around for another 15-20 years.
I think what we all got as a gift was a perfect storm of opportunity for Connecticut. Getting Hurley when we did mixed with there happening to be a wildly athletic and talented 7’2” kid growing up in Bristol wearing a UConn shirt… sure turned out nicely.

Now it will be a more fair fight I think most years, but who would bet against a Dan Hurley UConn team? What young player who wants to work hard for greatness wouldn’t want to come to Storrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom