Another Country Heard From: Baylor, Nkosi, and Basketball | The Boneyard

Another Country Heard From: Baylor, Nkosi, and Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I will simply say to young people caught in the same struggle as Emily was that there are tens of thousands of pastors, priests, rabbis, and other spiritual leaders who are prepared to walk with you without judgment and without compulsion to change you or fix you. There are entire denominations engaged in honest struggle to discern how to best love and support LGBT persons. Find one if you need to and look for the support you need. Keep looking, KEEP looking. Anyone needing assistance may feel to contact me through PM here or by finding my blog Broken Saints and Healing Sinners through internet search.

Last edited:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I don't expect all denominations or local churches to update their theologies in this regard, but we can note that the larger society
is evolving. The young lady does, in her articulate and open way, a service for others who will self-examine. Well done.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
While some pastors, rabbis, etc. would be ok to talk to, the only people that will truly understand you are other LGBT people. Find gay and lesbian organizations in your area. If you're in a small city like Waco, there won't be tons of organizations, but there should be some. Most cities of any decent size have LGBT youth groups, community centers, sports groups and Pride organizations where you can meet people that "get" you.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
While some pastors, rabbis, etc. would be ok to talk to, the only people that will truly understand you are other LGBT people. Find gay and lesbian organizations in your area. If you're in a small city like Waco, there won't be tons of organizations, but there should be some. Most cities of any decent size have LGBT youth groups, community centers, sports groups and Pride organizations where you can meet people that "get" you.
Indeed that can be tremendously helpful unfortunately throughout much of the heartland those organized resources are few and far between. Never underestimate the importance of simple kindness, good listening skills, finding folks who truly care. If people must be like us to understand us or understand us to care about us and to touch us then it is a hopeless world indeed. True compassion and empathy is something every person needs and is a starting point for real healing relationships.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I really like the way she damns Mulkey with faint praise; she was no worse than the rest of the Baylor/Waco/Texas gestalt. Friends, praise don't get no fainter than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom