Another blow to Big East: Olsen in transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Another blow to Big East: Olsen in transfer portal

Reaction Score
Nobody anywhere has compared Olsen to Clark. This doesnt move the needle at all on Iowa's prospects next season.
But.... consider that LUCY OLSEN "uped" her game to fill the boots (and part of the stat line) of Maddy Siegrist. I find it
interesting that now she has the opportunity ( again ) to see how she might , just might help
fill in some of Caitlin's stat line ( 32 ppg to 23 ppg for Lucy ) and (some of ) the hole in the Hawkeye lineup.
I thought that I heard the IOWA had an up and coming H.S. recruit for next year... but injured her ACL in January... Thus
the need for a replacement,,, at least for one year.... ideal of Lucy..... and Coach Bruder!

Reaction Score
Villanova fans (of the men’s & women’s teams) on Twitter are bemoaning the defection of so many players to the portal and are blaming the fact that the Big East’s media contract is with FloSports and that players don’t get seen. It’s a valid reason, IMO, if a player has pro
Wbb in big east other than UConn is
Mid major league
Certainly tv exposure is an issue for big east wbb competing with the
Big 10 sec and acc networks
Attendance and general interest is low
Villanova wbb avg attendance 2000
Take away the UConn game and maybe
Avg 1500 and I suspect they were better than most if not all of the big east
We’re in a new world with wcbb
The big 4 conferences see the $ and are
Now all in
Any chance of big east wbb competing
Is very very small
Obvious not a great situation for Uconn

Reaction Score
Wbb in big east other than UConn is
Mid major league
Certainly tv exposure is an issue for big east wbb competing with the
Big 10 sec and acc networks
Attendance and general interest is low
Villanova wbb avg attendance 2000
Take away the UConn game and maybe
Avg 1500 and I suspect they were better than most if not all of the big east
We’re in a new world with wcbb
The big 4 conferences see the $ and are
Now all in
Any chance of big east wbb competing
Is very very small
Obvious not a great situation for Uconn
The Big East needs a complete overhaul before it goes the way of the Pac 12 but it may be too late. It obviously receives mid-major respect from the NCAA. Other than UConn, after the departure of BC, Pitt and Syracuse the majority of teams are mid-major in size and attention-getting. Butler vs UConn? Really? UConn is a much better fit across all sports in either the ACC or Big Ten (ie the Big) but certainly no longer the "Big" East.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Big East needs a complete overhaul before it goes the way of the Pac 12 but it may be too late
Somehow I don't believe that the big east is at risk of having its best programs rated by the football power conferences. Although, I actually hope I'm wrong on that.

Reaction Score
You might want to rethink the last line of you
The new big east has been unable to “attract top talent “ at all
Just review hoopgurlz 2024
Big east wbb is a mid major league other than uconn
Creighton lost their best player to the portal
Marquette lost their coach best 2 players and
A top recruit
Villanova lost their best 2 players to the portal
Maybe the portal will be kind to big east teams
Next years big east will be way weaker than this year and 2024 was not strong at all
All of which is not helpful to uconn
And don't forget; Morrow left the BE for LSU. And she was a surprise talent, I think ( probably no surprise in Chicago area ).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I do wonder what Olsen thinks are the benefits to her by going to Iowa for her final year in college? More exposure? Riding the CC wave? A better coach for her? Better competition? I’m just not seeing it.

All of the above.

Reaction Score
I do wonder what Olsen thinks are the benefits to her by going to Iowa for her final year in college? More exposure? Riding the CC wave? A better coach for her? Better competition? I’m just not seeing it.
I think riding the CC wave was a major factor. Also Iowa is coached by someone who just let's scorers score. Also better NIL deals can be presented to her because of the Iowa hype. I get it. But to me, call me old school, it's all about loyalty. Judging by her transfer to Iowa, I don't think she is too concerned about potentially winning an NCAA championship because if that was the case, transferring to Uconn or South Carolina would of made more sense.

Reaction Score
I think riding the CC wave was a major factor. Also Iowa is coached by someone who just lets scorers score. Also better NIL deals can be presented to her because of the Iowa hype. I get it. But to me, call me old school, it's all about loyalty. Judging by her transfer to Iowa, I don't think she is too concerned about potentially winning an NCAA championship because if that was the case, transferring to Uconn or South Carolina would have made more
There would be no interest from either school
And imho she is not good enough to make the
Rotation

Reaction Score
Villanova fans (of the men’s & women’s teams) on Twitter are bemoaning the defection of so many players to the portal and are blaming the fact that the Big East’s media contract is with FloSports and that players don’t get seen. It’s a valid reason, IMO, if a player has pro aspirations
I hate FloSports.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And don't forget; Morrow left the BE for LSU. And she was a surprise talent, I think ( probably no surprise in Chicago area ).
Morrow was rated #18 in her recruiting class by ESPN, so she wasn't completely a surprise. She certainly played significantly higher than that ranking.

Reaction Score
If what the article states is true, that being consideration to Maryland and LSU, and understanding the dollars in play here, I still don’t get her decision making. But, that’s hers, not mine…
Being the replacement for Caitlin Clark ( and she will be labeled as such ) is like replacing Jeter at SS for the Yankees. Not an enviable task. No one can succeed at that.

Reaction Score
Being the replacement for Caitlin Clark ( and she will be labeled as such ) is like replacing Jeter at SS for the Yankees. Not an enviable task. No one can succeed at that.
No one in the state of Iowa expects her to be any kind of replacement for CC. Iowa is losing 66% of their scoring next year. Additionally, their freshman point guard and their incoming freshman point guard both suffered season-ending knee injures late in the year, so will be doubtful they can play in the first half of the schedule. They were desperate for a point guard who could also score, and Lucy Olsen couldn't fit the bill any better. By all accounts she is thrilled with the opportunity. People unfamiliar with the program and from afar will talk about this topic, but it's a misguided line of thought. Will be interesting to see how she meshes with the rest of the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom