Another 2 seed goes down | The Boneyard

Another 2 seed goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In College Park.

Brionna Jones, Malina Howard, and Kiah Gillespie combined for 8 points. The Terps looked FLAT.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well this opens up the old bracket...was worried about the potential ND-Maryland matchup. Kentucky is less scary even on the road. ND can beat good teams on the road in front of big crowds - already did it at Louisville this year.

Reaction Score
Plum and Walton two combine for 55 pts of the 74 pts.
Washington has 20-22 FTs while Maryland only has 5-5 FTs.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Not totally surprised. I watched the entire Pac-12 tournament and I thought they were the best Pac-12 team. Their rotation is basically just 5 players. If I recall correctly their starting 5 played all but several minutes in their first 2 games. They clearly ran out of gas against Oregon State, but still only lost by 2. I don't know if they flipped a switch down the stretch, but posted at the time what an entertaining team they were to watch.

Reaction Score
what!?!?
yup. though they always had an easy bracket anyway.
Practically everyone analyzing this year's tournament was in agreement that ND had the most difficult bracket to the FF. I will agree that this upset appears on paper to remove one of the Irish's biggest threats.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
yup. though they always had an easy bracket anyway.

Since I'm interested in such things, going into today Sagarin/Massey ratings for the top 4 seeds in Lexington:

Notre Dame - 3/2
Maryland - 4/5
Kentucky - 10/13
Stanford - 7/11

Suggests Maryland is the best 2-seed. Kentucky is a properly seeded 3 and Stanford is underseeded as a 4. And Kentucky is at home. To me, Lexington is by far the toughest bracket.

Reaction Score
what!?!? Practically everyone analyzing this year's tournament was in agreement that ND had the most difficult bracket to the FF. I will agree that this upset appears on paper to remove one of the Irish's biggest threats.
Did I say easy? I meant hard. :)
Well, NOW it's a lot easier!

Reaction Score
Well this opens up the old bracket...was worried about the potential ND-Maryland matchup. Kentucky is less scary even on the road.

Wash only plays 6, and one player was carried off late in the game. If she's out, can't see them beating KY.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Wash only plays 6, and one player was carried off late in the game. If she's out, can't see them beating KY.

I said the same thing when they played Oregon St. in the Pac-12 tournament after the starters played nearly 76+ minutes in the first 2 games, but they nearly pulled it off. I think their starters are accustomed to playing 36+ minutes, much as UConn's starting 5 could if needed.

Reaction Score
I said the same thing when they played Oregon St. in the Pac-12 tournament after the starters played nearly 76+ minutes in the first 2 games, but they nearly pulled it off. I think their starters are accustomed to playing 36+ minutes, much as UConn's starting 5 could if needed.

Big difference I'd say from having 5 though. If someone gets foul trouble or even trips, they can come out for a minute when you have 6.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Big difference I'd say from having 5 though. If someone gets foul trouble or even trips, they can come out for a minute when you have 6.

Well, at least now he'll have about 5 days to coach up one or more of the reserves in case they have to take the court.

If Washington could beat Maryland at College Park with 5-1/2 players, they've got at least a respectable chance with 5-1/4 at Lexington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom