All-American: 128
MVP: 176
Golden Husky: 255
Director: 708
Coach: 667
Asst. Coach: 734
Captain: 1221
Under $100: 272.
Carl - I stand corrected. That's what I was looking for and I flat out misremembered. Never claimed to be perfect. :)

Reaction Score
Carl - I stand corrected. That's what I was looking for and I flat out misremembered. Never claimed to be perfect. :)

Nor am I perfect. Although I pretend to be. I actually had the same thoughts as you (as I do every year) reading the guidebooks that are sent out, I just wanted to correct the numbers. I think for a university the size of UCONN with the alumni population that UCONN has, 4241 donors of at least $100 a year is pretty pathetic.

This year they did put in the statement that they have a goal to increase the donor base though and gave a specific number (5,000). They didn't put a timeframe on the goal though, which I don't like. I really don't recall the goal of increasing the donor base being explicitly stated in the yearly publications before, although it very well could have been there.

Just donating my 2 cents to the conversation......see what I did there?

Reaction Score
I believe the number of donors peaked around 2004 and has steadily fallen since

Reaction Score
It's just hard for me to justify sending them money when I still owe them 20,000 dollars.
A few years ago they had the nerve to ask graduating seniors to donate some random deposit from freshman year back to the school instead of getting a refund check. lmao off.

Reaction Score
We were given the opportunity to comment back via an earlier Warde mailing. I clearly and firmly stated it would be difficult to continue supporting athletics at my current level given our conference affiliation. I'm sure I was not alone in this regard. Hoops alone was enough for me to contribute big during the BE years. Football's rise made it even easier. I'll continue to donate as long as hoops stays a power. I have faith but unless that faith is rewarded with positive results, I could use that cash for other things I love and goto to EasySeat for the handful of good games.

Reaction Score
I previously donated to both Athletics and The general university fund, I forget the exact name. For the past few years I have given all my donations to the university, not athletics. I admit it isn't a lot of money but it's what I can afford. When the eyeball helmets go I will donate to the AD again, just as I said originally. But I'll say 2 things. 1. Helping the general university actually feels like a good thing to me and will help in any conference realignment I think. 2. TheUConn Foundation folks are remarkably appreciative of even modest donations like mine. I receive handwritten notes of thanks from students who got scholarship aid. I've gotten calls of thanks and have even been taken out for coffee by their folks a few times. And my donation is incredibly modest. I've never gotten more than a form letter from athletics. I don't expect more, but maybe if they made an effort to thank donors and treat them like more than ATMs they'd have better luck in what is clearly a difficult environment.

Reaction Score
Gee, how about an invoice?
It's been known to sell tickets.

I think UConn sends most renewals electronically now, like most places, unless one asks for the package by mail. Last year, I only received the actual tickets by mail. The only twist this year was Warde's letter as noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom