Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged)

Reaction Score
I think LSU felt the lack of depth from their roster last season.
They looked like they were about to implode 3/4 the way through SEC play, they were dead tired and had to pull out many close games.

I feel like its pretty obvious those who actually watched LSU last year and those who only watched their final four games. The team desperately needed more depth and talent overall despite winning it all. Reese was left on an island to do everything herself quite a bit at times, when Flaujae was going through her funk as a freshmen and Morris randomly disappearing.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kim finally gets a talented team at LSU. They’ll be really good next season. I think Mulkey will be just fine managing this talent. She’s had star laden teams before. She’s had two dominant bigs before in Cox and Brown. South Carolina and UConn, Stanford, etc bring in 5 stars every season and no one ever says “ I don’t know how they will share the ball”. I think these players understand who’s coming in. Especially Morrow. I think she understands she may not get the touches she was used to at DePaul, but she picked LSU for a reason. This season will be very interesting.
If you think that then you haven’t been on tBY long enough. When our #1 2019 class committed people literally took guesses (including some people in this thread) on how many would transfer because “there’s only one basketball”.

They’re not being treated differently. Welcome to being talked about. Lol

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She addressed the chemistry question in the ESPN article. I know many are concerned because Van Lith, Morrow, and Reese can all want the ball in their hands. —I say it’s Reese’s team and the others will fall in line. And despite all the Reese hate; her teammates and recruits/incoming players love her. She’s actually not classless as many would like to think. She’s making people want to play in Baton Rouge which was hard in the Fargas era.
Dee, you have very accurately and correctly capsulated Morrow's recruitment in 6 sentences. Whatever Morrow was looking for, she found it in Baton Rouge. :cool: Being a coveted destination by WCBB players makes shopping trips in the portal for Kim almost enjoyable.

Reaction Score
UConn still has more returning NCAA all Americans than LSU will. And South Carolina has more high school Americans than anyone else. This super team nonsense is just that, nonsense. LSU has a collection of big names and gaudy stats but not the best players in NCAAW basketball.

Reaction Score
I like the potential Match Up with Aneesah Morrow vs ICE Brady! GO ICE! GO Huskies!
Ice Brady is a red shirt freshman. A junior Morrow will eat her lunch. That's not a knock on Ice, but a couple years experience of college ball is huge compared to someone who has basically only played high school ball up to this point.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I like the potential Match Up with Aneesah Morrow vs ICE Brady! GO ICE! GO Huskies!
I would like to see LSU and UConn enter into a long-term home and home preseason agreement.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that she was not a fluke but I think some here are just wondering how the scoring and rebounding are going to be spread around. For instance, Reese and Morrow are double double machines, and 20+ scorers per game, so will that continue? If not, will both be happy? The team may still score 80+ and grab 30+ boards, but they both might not equal what they are use to. As far as scoring goes, add the other three to the mix and see what happens.
BUT, it's a GREAT predicament for LSU to be in!! (And I do not like Kim and LSU at all.)

Disagree. The comment I was responding to doesn't seem to believe she is worthy of the buzz that's been around her.

The question as to whether this move affects her production is a fair question and I've thought the same. Implying that she's going to fade into the background along with the tone of the response is disrespectful in my opinion. She deserves the accolades she's earned.

Reaction Score
They looked like they were about to implode 3/4 the way through SEC play, they were dead tired and had to pull out many close games.

I feel like its pretty obvious those who actually watched LSU last year and those who only watched their final four games. The team desperately needed more depth and talent overall despite winning it all. Reese was left on an island to do everything herself quite a bit at times, when Flaujae was going through her funk as a freshmen and Morris randomly disappearing.

I remember that part of the season. Had wondered if they had hit the wall and if that was it for them.

Reaction Score
I'll be watching more LSU games next season, my curiosity is, a) team chemistry and b) who takes the most shots.

Now that Kim has added Van Lith and Morrow to the roster, wondering how existing team players look at this and their playing time.

Reaction Score
I'll be watching more LSU games next season, my curiosity is, a) team chemistry and b) who takes the most shots.

Now that Kim has added Van Lith and Morrow to the roster, wondering how existing team players look at this and their playing time.
How did UConn players look at it when Geno added Dorka and Lou?

Reaction Score
How did UConn players look at it when Geno added Dorka and Lou?
Dorka was two seasons ago and Lou was suppose to be coming off the bench. Van Lith and Morrow doubt they will come off bench.

Reaction Score

LSU played only 8 players last season and 3 of those (Morris, Carson and Ladazhia) were major contributors who left. Hailey Van Lith and Morrow will slide into Morris and Ladazhias spots. LSU does have a top class coming in. I am very appreciative of Poa and Poole. While they will play in some capacity, their minutes were likely going to go down a little with increase talent coming in behind them. Sounds harsh but its the nature of Kim building back up a program and improving the talent. Its not like LSU was working with a bunch of talent or options last season, they just overachieved with what they actually had.

So I doubt anything actually changes. Plus Aalyah Rosario is not ready for major minutes as a freshmen so adding Morrow was smart on LSU's part. Sa'Myah Smith will get a bit of time after a pretty good freshmen season.

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey - definitely the 3rd greatest WCBB Coach of All-Time. What a season and off-season. The LSU team is stacked. They should easily win the SEC.

Reaction Score
Mulkey is turning around a very bad LSU program as effectively as Geno did with UConn in the 80s/90s. It took Geno longer, but obviously, it was much harder to do back then. But, I can see the analogy. Both coaches have the ability to change the culture.

Reaction Score
Mulkey is turning around a very bad LSU program as effectively as Geno did with UConn in the 80s/90s. It took Geno longer, but obviously, it was much harder to do back then. But, I can see the analogy. Both coaches have the ability to change the culture.
Coach Mulkey's a great coach, but the two situations are not even comparable. She's turning around a program that has $EC money and a healthy pay for play NIL system in place. Geno had a rotary phone to use for recruiting, and shared a facility with the track team and trash barrels to catch water leaking from the roof.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Just here to say that Lebron, DWade, Allen, and Bosh didn't win it all their first season :)

Reaction Score
Coach Mulkey's a great coach, but the two situations are not even comparable. She's turning around a program that has $EC money and a healthy pay for play NIL system in place. Geno had a rotary phone to use for recruiting, and shared a facility with the track team and trash barrels to catch water leaking from the roof.
Mulkey building Baylor up from the ground up was crazy impressive and winning a title in just year 5. That program at the time was built on the back of HS recruiting and taking a program with not much of a WBB background and turning it into a well oiled machine.

LSU, she has the luxury of being at a big state school with lots of resources, the transfer portal and being in the SEC. But doing it in 2 years is crazy impressive regardless. Its hard enough to just win one title, it takes a lot to go right and get one, so doing it at 2 separate schools is a unique accomplishment for sure.

Reaction Score
Kim’s loading up!!
Watching The Tea GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey - definitely the 3rd greatest WCBB Coach of All-Time. What a season and off-season. The LSU team is stacked. They should easily win the SEC.
Really. Somehow, I dont think that will be the case. LSU still has to guard Cardoza, Johnson, Hall and the host of other talented players on that South Carolina Squad. The SEC will not be easy for any team and especailly one that is trying to mesh big egos that have not played together before. I will mark this tweet for later discussion.

Reaction Score
I have not seen anyone say LSU is better than any team. Just excitement about the turning around of the program. Louisiana hasn’t had a championship in a long time. —I don’t know why the consensus is “well we are better” or “well it’s hard to repeat” or “or it’s not enough balls for those players”…cupcake schedule…and so on when I have not seen any LSU fans claiming them as the best team or unbeatable. How else other than the portal are you supposed to build a team when you just took over it 2 years ago? It’s hard to get the best hs recruits to come when you are building a new program. And NIL? Get over it. It’s a new day. Recruit better. Do what you gotta do for your program to win.

Reaction Score
Really? So the accolades she earned while at DePaul were a fluke? C'mon man.
I'm referring to her self-promoting posts. She's definitely a skilled player, but now it's time to walk the walk.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn still has more returning NCAA all Americans than LSU will. And South Carolina has more high school Americans than anyone else. This super team nonsense is just that, nonsense. LSU has a collection of big names and gaudy stats but not the best players in NCAAW basketball.
From your lips to the Big Guy's ears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom