Andrew Luck Retires | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Andrew Luck Retires

Reaction Score
weird when you have tens of millions of dollars you don’t HAVE to do squadoosh.

doesn’t sit with a guy trying to raise funds for a restaurant on a college sports message board.

L-O-L

I agree. I guess he’s missing out of potentially winning a Super Bowl and being in the Hall of Fame but in reality both weren’t happening anyway. When your kidney is lacerated it’s time to call it quits and he still came back. His organization did him no favors either.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I agree. I guess he’s missing out of potentially winning a Super Bowl and being in the Hall of Fame but in reality both weren’t happening anyway. When your kidney is lacerated it’s time to call it quits and he still came back. His organization did him no favors either.

I think you'd agree that a HOF jacket, SB ring and the "brotherhood" wouldn't fix "missing a working kidney".

Reaction Score
lol i know when you have generational money and don’t like your job you don’t have to keep doing it.

hold on let me let 300 lb freaks of nature cripple me because it doesnt sit right with a guy reduced to raising capital for the world’s worst investment on a college sports message board.

"Cripple me". LOL.

He had a calf strain.

Reaction Score
I think you'd agree that a HOF jacket, SB ring and the "brotherhood" wouldn't fix "missing a working kidney".

Absolutely, it’s wild that people are upset with him. I guess I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
I can't even fathom what these guys put their bodies through year in and year out, not to mention the mental toll, especially long term. People can be disappointed if Luck is retiring, I get that. But words like "soft" and "weak" are the very last words I would use to describe the guy. Or any pro athlete for that matter. I wouldn't make it a single down in his shoes, no way in heck. So in that sense, I can respect what he has done the past six years. That shows me strength, perseverance and either bravery and/or the ability to not freak out over the fact that a bunch of 300 pound rhinos are ready to pummel you every single down for 16 games a year. (I'll stick to flag football and backyard touch thank you very much.)

Reaction Score
Sorry you couldn’t hack it... it’s not made for everyone. Should have played tennis instead bro.

Why don’t you ask Eric LeGrand or one of the many paralyzed former football players why they couldn’t “hack the system”. You don’t sound like a doctor to me, bc you can’t “hack” the spinal cord once it’s impaired and you can’t “hack” the brain once it starts swelling and bleeding into the periosteal tissue.

Reaction Score
Lol, how many kidney lacerations have you had at work?

I've gone through much worse than a kidney laceration, champ. And I don't get paid tens of millions of dollars either.

Reaction Score
Why don’t you ask Eric LeGrand or one of the many paralyzed former football players why they couldn’t “hack the system”. You don’t sound like a doctor to me, bc you can’t “hack” the spinal cord once it’s impaired and you can’t “hack” the brain once it starts swelling and bleeding into the periosteal tissue.
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous that we have posters who think Luck is soft or that they actually believe Luck has only had one concussion in his playing career.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous that we have posters who think Luck is soft or that they actually believe Luck has only had one concussion in his playing career.

In his professional career, he has only been officially diagnosed once.

Again, you know everything so that's probably wrong.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's laughable people think they can tell a man who made $100 million more than them what he should do.

I tend to agree. But now I wanna go back and check the Anthony Davis threads to see if there’s any modicum of consistency in takes...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Let the guy live. He's made more than I would assume the majority of this board has in their careers and wants to retire with his health.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
See guys, UConn fans can be complete jokes too.
I'm a joke because I'm emotional about my team? No need for calling me out.

I'm not saying he cant retire...but the timing is awful. Period. I'm not one who feels bad for celebrities. Hes made millions upon millions of dollars. Retire after the previous season or this coming season. Also if in a year he misses football and comes back, then what? All is forgiven? I'm not buying it. Sorry not sorry

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Granted I side with most of these people in the big picture but I do have one gripe: People keep saying he can retire if he wants because he’s made millions. He can also retire if he were penniless. The money is irrelevant. The man chose to retire. He doesn’t need our permission or justification. It’s his life.

Reaction Score
Zinger!!!! Good one Stain

Sometimes the truth is unpopular, the man quit in his brothers, plain and simple. If he was coming back from multiple concussions or something similar, sure... I could see that. But a sore calf..... ya let’s give this guy a trophy for Hero of the Year!

Dude, he is a pro athlete. His brothers? What are you smoking? Athletes don’t think like that professionally. Another one of these war and solider equivalences. I thought we were over that. Give me a break. A football team isn’t some organization that you should give your life and limb too.

He is worried about the quality of his life long term.

Who does he owe outside of his family? Why should he continue to play in pain and put himself through hell?

If you don’t want to play football, then don’t play.

Guy is a pro athlete. He plays FOR MONEY. He retired.

He doesn’t owe anyone anything. If you ever talked to an nfl player who sees action...ask them how that Monday morning after a game feels. I have heard stories of guys who can’t get out of bed the next morning.

Reaction Score
Sorry you couldn’t hack it... it’s not made for everyone. Should have played tennis instead bro.
I’m sorry but I’m finding it harder and harder (beyond baseline) to believe you spent any time with MD following your surname

Expound on that

Reaction Score
It is possible for two or more things to be true at the same time.
1. The timing was poor and it is a negative if you are a Colts fan or a member of the Colts. And it is even ok to be bummed out as a fan of football in general, a star retired abruptly leaving the possibility of more entertaining greatness on the table.
2. Football is a highly risky sport that can take a decimating toll on the body

I think you can be disappointed and argue #1 while still recognizing #2 and avoid beating your chest on the soapbox. Personnel parallels are beyond ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom