Andre Jackson announcing Wednesday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Like Scott Burrell with more hops? Before injuries, such a thing did not exist. If you doubt that, find the weakside help block he made on Shaq in the NCAA tournament. Or the time he literallyleapfrogged Rodney Rogers at the Civic Center.
I
Like Scott Burrell with more hops? Before injuries, such a thing did not exist. If you doubt that, find the weakside help block he made on Shaq in the NCAA tournament. Or the time he literallyleapfrogged Rodney Rogers at the Civic Center.
He jumps higher than Burrell. Not saying Burrell couldn't jump. Best UConn athlete of the 90s, arguably best ever. This kid jumps higher. Vertical leap is not the only indicator of athleticism. I graduated in '93. Saw Burrell play every single home game either at Gampel or HCC. We would be lucky if we get this kid and he develops like Burrell.

Reaction Score
Andre reminds me of a more raw Josh Jackson from Kansas a few years back. Very similar body types even kinda resemble each other. JJ developed into a pretty capable college shooter tho he may have been further developed coming in.

Reaction Score
This kid would be an excellent get to jump-start our 2020 class.

He's gotta develop an outside shot though if he's going to play the 3 here. It's just too easy to defend a team with only 1 or 2 credible threats from the perimeter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He jumps higher than Burrell. Not saying Burrell couldn't jump. Best UConn athlete of the 90s, arguably best ever. This kid jumps higher. Vertical leap is not the only indicator of athleticism. I graduated in '93. Saw Burrell play every single home game either at Gampel or HCC. We would be lucky if we get this kid and he develops like Burrell.
I've read through this thread and I didn't love any of the comparisons. Yeah Andre's athleticism is impressive but there is something else about his game... I'm going to call it fluidity. He just looks like he's in the groove and nothing that anyone one else on the court does matters. Sure, he's got crazy hops, but he makes it look effortless. That, my friends, is very, very good sign.

Reaction Score
The guy in this thread who's seen him live a bunch of times backs that up tho. 429 coaches AAU and has plenty of experience scouting; he's worth listening to on this.

Everything I've read about the kid from talent evaluators says he's got NBA athleticism. Now.
Screenshot_20191001-093351_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
You mean the game where Wall scored 12 of UK's last 15 points? The game UK won? The one where Wall blew past Robinson to put UK up for good? Like I said..

Lol talk about revisionist history.

Wall 7-11 and 4-4 FT in second half with 19 points.

2-2 vs Dyson
2-5 vs Kemba
2-2 in transition
1-2 vs sticks (sticks had block around 17 min mark)

Wall was abusing Kemba getting anywhere he wanted on court and using his size advantage

At the 2:30 mark JC put sticks on Wall to stop the abuse.

2:30 - sticks cut off Wall drive forced him to pass it off

2:00 - Wall couldn't get by sticks and he forced a shot clock violation

1:00 - Kentucky looking to get Wall ball but Wall couldn't get free/ open from sticks

0:40 - Kentucky ran dribble drive handoff at top of key to Wall who had a step on sticks going to hoop had sticks on his hip and got an and 1 after Oriaki fouls out

The game tape and the greatest coach show sticks handled Wall and had great lateral quickness/ defense to contain wall the last 2:30 of game

Reaction Score

2-2 vs Dyson
2-5 vs Kemba
2-2 in transition

Wall was abusing Kemba getting anywhere he wanted on court and using his size advantage

1:00 - Kentucky looking to get Wall ball but Wall couldn't get free/ open from sticks

0:40 - Kentucky ran dribble drive handoff at top of key to Wall who had a step on sticks going to hoop had sticks on his hip and got an and 1 after Oriaki fouls out

The game tape and the greatest coach show sticks handled Wall and had great lateral quickness/ defense to contain wall the last 2:30 of game
Revisionist history? You can't revise your post. You said Sticks guarded him the seco

2-2 vs Dyson
2-5 vs Kemba
2-2 in transition

Revisionist history? You can't revise your post. Dyson was in foul trouble. You said Sticks guarded him the second half. Wall went 10-16 and hit the go ahead basket. Blew by Stanley. This with the game on the line. UK won. Sticks could compensate by using his long arms and leaping when people got by him. Anyway, Andre reminds me of Burrell with more hops.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
please enlighten me what post/handle means
It is meant to highlight an instance of a poster's words either strongly confirming or strongly contradicting the poster's name.

In this case, someone whose name claims Ray Allen as the greatest of all time also claims to hate talk of player comparisons.

Sorry for the sincere answer, if that's not what you wanted.

Reaction Score
It is meant to highlight an instance of a poster's words either strongly confirming or strongly contradicting the poster's name.

In this case, someone whose name claims Ray Allen as the greatest of all time also claims to hate talk of player comparisons.

Sorry for the sincere answer, if that's not what you wanted.

Thanks for enlightening those of us that have been too afraid to ask.

Reaction Score
I mean I would say he's a more talented Michael Jordan if anyone remembers that guy. Believe he wore 23 for NC if my memory serves me. Think basketball version of Bo Jackson (another name that might have been forgotten).

Reaction Score
I don't think coaching makes me any better judge of athleticism. That's just noticeable because I've watched him play. It would be to anyone. I just happened to watch than your average yarder bc one of his teammates did some skill work with me.

You get this feeling when you watch certain NBA guys close up or especially really good track athletes... like the speed and power of what you're watching is just not human. It's literally AWEsome. Someone like Sid is a really amazing athlete. As are most professional players. But guys like John Wall, Russ, Derrick Jones, Zach Lavine, Daaron fox and some others are just next level in how they elevate, accelerate and get down the floor. Andre is definitely in that boat.

Also Andre's hops are great, but the end to end speed is what will really kill teams. There are few, if any, defenders that are going to be able to keep up with him on a transition run out or a hard back cut. That kind of pressure on help defense makes plays happen... Normally we talk about "gravity" and "geometry" of the defense because of shooters, but Andre can make similar things happen with his ability to get by defenders.

Now tell the kid to make 1000 3s a day until June.

Goodness is this Dags hoops posting.

Reaction Score
I think he and I are talking about pure athleticism... vertical, lateral movement, end to end speed... whereas you're taking the view of a total basketball player's athleticism. Hand eye coordination, IQ, ability to use the pure athleticism in the college game.

Ie. I would call a track jumper a better pure athlete than your average basketball player. A jumper still would probably be a terrible basketball player because of the other facets of athleticism you're thinking of.

A kid's pure athleticism is evident by 16 or 17-years-old. Obviously the other stuff is developed in college and after. You could have the pure athleticism and just not know how to use it in the game as well.
Remember kwintin?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom