And this is why a Sanogo-Clingan tandem should be an option | The Boneyard

And this is why a Sanogo-Clingan tandem should be an option

Reaction Score
Marquette repeatedly drove the ball to the basket unimpeded when Sanogo was on the floor. Surprising? No, it's been happening all season, but last night it was a gameplan. Adama is really good at many things, but guarding the basket against the dribble is not one of them. The high hedge also leaves an opportunity for smaller players to drive the lane and last night we paid for it. Failure to help against the dribble drive also leaves us vulnerable.

I get it that Hurley doesn't want to play them together, but it has to at least be an option for situations like last night's. It also provides a high low option offense. One that could open things up for Hawkins and Karaban.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was the only one scoring last night for us. The guy was unstoppable. I also think Clingan has come down to earth lately both offensively and defensively

Reaction Score
Whether it would work or not who knows, but Hurley hasn't done it and he's not going to start at this late date. It's not in his strategy or game plan and that's that.

Reaction Score
Whether it would work or not who knows, but Hurley hasn't done it and he's not going to start at this late date. It's not in his strategy or game plan and that's that.
There is no more to say about the situation than this. I wish everyone would stop. (And I say it as someone who would have liked to have seen them on the court together more regularly. But at this point it’s tilting at windmills.)

Reaction Score
Re: the double-big

It hurt us the last two years with Whaley and Sanogo. Yes, I know Clingan is not Whaley, but a big part of Hurley's mantra going into this season was a 4-out offense, soI am not surprised that Hurley is reluctant to going big.

Also, the double-big means either Sanogo or Clingan is chasing a perimeter player/stretch 4. Easier to hunt mismatches when you've got two mismatch opportunities.

Sure, it could work in small doses and I'd like to see it, but for all we know Hurley has tried it extensively in practice and the results are horrible. It's similar to everyone whining about Diggins not getting PT last year. Well, turns out the staff was right and Diggins isn't good enough to be a solid player even at UMass. We don't know everything that happens behind closed doors and sometimes the guy who's paid millions of dollars a year knows more than a bunch of message board posters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo was the only one scoring last night for us. The guy was unstoppable. I also think Clingan has come down to earth lately both offensively and defensively

Lol Sanogo was good on offense but he gave up more than he scored. And Marquette stopped scoring when DC was in thats when we cut the lead from 10. People drove and dribbles or passed back out when they saw 7’2 standing there. He had 7 points and 5 rebounds in 10 minutes figure that one out. Should have played more for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom