Amida Brimah | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
@AmoreCourant: Hearing #UConnmen plan is for Amida Brindah, Cl of '13 big from Miami, to visit campus on Sunday, attend Louisville game Monday.

lets lock him in, get a pg or sf for slot #4 and then focus on 2014/15 classes. both are full of ne/nyc studs and we should be able to land a handful of them. if we end up needing a 5th slot this class then go to work late(dd, ad style..). ko is doing the dam thing on the trail. 10 toes in and hes coming thru. just wait!

Reaction Score
Ive actually watched about 10 mins of one of his games on Youtube (couldnt take it anymore). He is a PROJECT but will be a much needed presence. Im not sure what the expectations are but I wouldnt aim too high to avoid disappointment. But he should give us great minutes with time..

As far as adding an addtl PG or SF, Id rather bank the extra schollies UNLESS we lose Napier and/or Boatright. Dont think a SF is a need for the coming season.

C

Chief00

Hobbsy has done a good job here. I like his upside, He is quick to the ball, plays with energy and runs well.

Reaction Score
Hobbsy has done a good job here. I like his upside, He is quick to the ball, plays with energy and runs well.

My sources tell me Hobbs really bonded with Brimah's coach when he noticed that Brimah's team tries to put the ball in the hoop, noting that that's long been a staple of UConn's offensive strategy.

caw

Reaction Score
Ive actually watched about 10 mins of one of his games on Youtube (couldnt take it anymore). He is a PROJECT but will be a much needed presence. Im not sure what the expectations are but I wouldnt aim too high to avoid disappointment. But he should give us great minutes with time..

As far as adding an addtl PG or SF, Id rather bank the extra schollies UNLESS we lose Napier and/or Boatright. Dont think a SF is a need for the coming season.

I'm OK giving Brendan Allen another free year, but if the coaching carousel opens up a good recruit I'm also OK using it.

Reaction Score
You simpering eunuch.

Turn your computer off and spend a few minutes thinking about what you've just said.

And then come back and apologize for that girly-scream of a post.

Your wit is wasted on a college basketball chat board...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u never bank sships in d1 bball, especially big time programs. we on top of all other programs are in NO position to bank a sship

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Confirming @amorecourant earlier tweet, Amida Brimah's coach Juan Hernandez says Brimah heading to Storrs Saturday night for visit. #UConn

Reaction Score
I think it's a perfect game to visit. Win an be impressed with the team, coaching staff, and heart of th Husky. Lose and see where his presence could have benefited UCONN. Could see a system he likes and the opportunity for pt.

Reaction Score

Anthony Davis weighed 220. And Brimah has a year to add a few pounds to get closer to 220.

And beyond that - a flaw can actually be good for college recruiting. It means they don't go pro as quickly. Our first championship team had a fat PG, a SG who couldn't shoot, a SF who was too skinny, an undersized PF, and a C with no post skill. It added up to a ring.

Andre Drummond had all the physical tools and was a lottery pick after one year, before he even came close to polishing his skill. Although I'd take 19 year old Drummond for one year next season in a heartbeat - just to make a run at it with our veteran guards.

Reaction Score
Our first championship team had a fat PG, a SG who couldn't shoot, a SF who was too skinny, an undersized PF, and a C with no post skill. It added up to a ring.

Good lord, what a perfect sentence. I wish this could be added to every recruiting thread.

Reaction Score
Is this kid a longterm project or a late bloomer? How does he compare to Nolan? If longterm project, we still need someone who can come in and rebound right away for next year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is this kid a longterm project or a late bloomer? How does he compare to Nolan? If longterm project, we still need someone who can come in and rebound right away for next year.

From what I understand, he should be a pretty good rebounder and defender right away, but it a bit of a project offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom