Amida Brimah Highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
because the ref anticipated a foul because almost no one he has ever refed has been able to make a block like it. Probably the greatest compliment a player can get from an official. he will be a beast and make a lot of standout plays.

Right but I bring that up because Calhoun used to talk all the time about preparing the officials for our shot blockers because this used to happen frequently. I think there is going to be an adjustment period where Mida gets in foul trouble early because hes not getting the benefit of the doubt he deserves as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Right but I bring that up because Calhoun used to talk all the time about preparing the officials for our shot blockers because this used to happen frequently. I think there is going to be an adjustment period where Mida gets in foul trouble early because hes not getting the benefit of the doubt he deserves as a freshman.

I agree.

Reaction Score
I am going to reserve judgement before I get too crazy with Brimah bravado. However, that kid is so much more coordinated and quick than Thabeet was on day one that it's shocking. I felt like I was watching a top 10 prospect.

Again, it was SCSU and I'm trying not to get too excited but the kid looks like a future lottery pick at first glance. It's hard to believe because I was expecting another guy that could barely catch the ball. I don't know how he could have stayed under the radar.

Hopefully, he has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't get cocky with all the accolades. He needs to work hard to be an elite talent but his continued effort coupled with his physical gifts will make him special. He truly controls his own destiny, the sky is the limit.

Reaction Score
I am going to reserve judgement before I get too crazy with Brimah bravado. However, that kid is so much more coordinated and quick than Thabeet was on day one that it's shocking. I felt like I was watching a top 10 prospect.

Again, it was SCSU and I'm trying not to get too excited but the kid looks like a future lottery pick at first glance. It's hard to believe because I was expecting another guy that could barely catch the ball. I don't know how he could have stayed under the radar.

Hopefully, he has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't get cocky with all the accolades. He needs to work hard to be an elite talent but his continued effort coupled with his physical gifts will make him special. He truly controls his own destiny, the sky is the limit.

I have watched a lot of NBA and college basketball. He has the length and mobility of an NBA center. His skill development is still up in the air, but players have been first round picks based almost solely on the same physical attributes that he possesses. it's gonna be a lot of fun to see him develop.

Reaction Score
I have to say he also runs the court and is quicker than Emeka......not saying he'll be better or stronger he just is unbelievably athletic for his size.......I see it even more on this highlight flick.......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
lol this was great. Two bonuses in that video: 1) When the announcer says his name after the basket, it kind of some like the start of the Lion King. 2) Deandre doing that Mutombo wag after Amida block the shot.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have to say he also runs the court and is quicker than Emeka......not saying he'll be better or stronger he just is unbelievably athletic for his size.......I see it even more on this highlight flick.......

He does get down the court really well. I'm not sure that he has lateral quickness as good as Emeka in college, but he has great potential overall.

Chukwu who?

C

Chief00

Block the ball in bounds!
I really was impressed. I agree with more coaching and experience keeping the ball inbounds will be the next objective. I was at the game and I was struck by how much ground the kid can cover. He definitely jumped off the page and not many freshmen do. Ray, Caron, Rudy, Emeka, Kemba with his speed and AD. For different reasons but these guys did jump off the page.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Something just popped into my head. Napier's quote about the front court being better than the back court and people not realizing what we had. That quote makes a lot more sense now. Can't wait for this week.

C

Chief00

Again, he jumped off the page on a few very good plays and upside potential not a polish guy like Ray or tough guy like Caron or a smooth explosive guy like Rudy

Reaction Score
Again, he jumped off the page on a few very good plays and upside potential not a polish guy like Ray or tough guy like Caron or a smooth explosive guy like Rudy

I had no idea Ray or Caron were polish? I sincerely doubt Amidah is polish.......:oops:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
SCSU isn't better than some high/prep schools....but the kid looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom