Amida Brimah Highlights | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
even though it was scsu i love his energy... if he doesnt get scared or nervous this season i think him and nolan can be our rim protectors and rebounders

Reaction Score
He's a lot quicker than i thought he would be, though it could be the competition i guess. Can't wait to see him on the court when the games count.

caw

Reaction Score
In person I thought he moved well, but in those highlights he looks like he moves even better than I thought. Much better than any recent big (aside from Drummond) getting up and down the court.

Reaction Score
I would love to see his skyhooks inserted into that video.

Reaction Score
Impossible not to be encouraged by his performance. When you're that tall, with arms that long, and you're constantly playing at full speed, you're going to fill up the stat sheet by accident. It seems like that jump hook is his go-to move and teams will figure that out quickly. But anything he gives us offensively is a bonus. He really does seem like he'll be a game changer defensively and it might be as soon as this year.

Reaction Score
If he was ranked in the top 50 coming in- we would all be say the first game lived up to the hype. Because he was basically unknown- he has to have fans excited. Still he is a 7 ft freshman center who weights 30 lbs more then I do- there will be growing pains but the future for him looks bright.

Reaction Score
Impossible not to be encouraged by his performance. When you're that tall, with arms that long, and you're constantly playing at full speed, you're going to fill up the stat sheet by accident. It seems like that jump hook is his go-to move and teams will figure that out quickly. But anything he gives us offensively is a bonus. He really does seem like he'll be a game changer defensively and it might be as soon as this year.

which opposing player will be able to block it without committing a foul? you can't teach height and length and he has A LOT of both. even in the NBA where players have more height, length, and timing it is almost impossible to block a hook shot from someone his size without a lot of body contact

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Quick off his feet, and when he learns to just put his hand in the ball's way rather than swat it, he'll be something else.

Reaction Score
I jump hook from a 7 footer is really hard to defend even if you know it is coming.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the video, It's so inspiring that I daydreamed. And it goes something like this:

Amida is standing tall on one end of the court of AT&T stadium, Arlington Texas, and the opponent players just remained frozen in awe, statics ringing in their head: "Houston, we have a problem! No shot! No shot! "

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
& I think he had a BLAST out there. Kid had a smile on his face the whole time. Thanks for the video.

Reaction Score
Nice video. I didn't have a chance to watch the game so all I really know about how it went was the posts on here, the tweets I saw, and a couple articles so it's hard to really see and picture what happened. Even with everybody raving about Brimah I didn't think that it was that big of a deal. However, after watching this video I'm really impressed. He certainly can get up and down the court and block shots.

I can't wait until a week and a couple hours from now!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
1) Name me a better first 30 seconds of gameplay in a UConn Jersey.

2) How the hell was that two handed block called a foul. Robbed Mida of a clean block there.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Kids sick nasty!! Hope we see this amida vs top tier competion.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how under the radar the kid went through high school. Did no scouts watch him? Just based on that exhibition game you can tell he should've been 4 stars, especially as a big man. Crazy upside and a very pleasant surprise.

Looks like we continue to find diamonds in the rough post JC, and I'm feeling better about Rakim Lubin. He's probably a stud too.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It's amazing how under the radar the kid went through high school. Did no scouts watch him? Just based on that exhibition game you can tell he should've been 4 stars, especially as a big man. Crazy upside and a very pleasant surprise.

Looks like we continue to find diamonds in the rough post JC, and I'm feeling better about Rakim Lubin. He's probably a stud too.

I have no reason to doubt Momma Rock.

Reaction Score
1) Name me a better first 30 seconds of gameplay in a UConn Jersey.

2) How the hell was that two handed block called a foul. Robbed Mida of a clean block there.

because the ref anticipated a foul because almost no one he has ever refed has been able to make a block like it. Probably the greatest compliment a player can get from an official. he will be a beast and make a lot of standout plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom