Also was at the game | The Boneyard

Also was at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
tremendous effort by the guys-all around. Purvis lived upto his billing, Daniel was terrific. Made their free throws down the stretch.
Only complaint was ride home--nearly three hours from Hartford down the parkway to the valley. 10 accidents, Wilbur cross shut down in Woodbridge cause three cars collided on the hill. The whole time saw one, 1 state plow truck! DOT have its Christmas Party tonight or what?

Reaction Score
Took us an hour and 50 minutes back to Shelton. Always go Rt 8 to 84. Slow going but no accidents. Place was rocking today. Like it without the doors. And the Ferarri was out of the garage!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The whole time saw one, 1 state plow truck! DOT have its Christmas Party tonight or what?

90 mins to waterbury. On my way home I saw 2 plow trucks, both going the opposite way. I could barely see any black-top my whole way home. The DOT did not respond well.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
About 2.5 hours down to Fairfield. Brutal on 95.

Reaction Score
90 mins to waterbury. On my way home I saw 2 plow trucks, both going the opposite way. I could barely see any black-top my whole way home. The DOT did not respond well.
They were watching the game.

Reaction Score
15 minutes to West Hartford. Outrageous! Seriously though, I live like 5 minutes from 84 and I saw 2 accidents in the mile and half to my house and these were major roads, not side streets.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
tremendous effort by the guys-all around. Purvis lived upto his billing, Daniel was terrific. Made their free throws down the stretch.
Only complaint was ride home--nearly three hours from Hartford down the parkway to the valley. 10 accidents, Wilbur cross shut down in Woodbridge cause three cars collided on the hill. The whole time saw one, 1 state plow truck! DOT have its Christmas Party tonight or what?

I wish I was as lucky
Got to our car in the parking garage at 4:30
Got home to Wilton at 11:45pm
Took over an hour to get out of garage
Then stuck a couples miles short of Sikorsky bridge for hours as cars couldn't make it up a hill on theMerritt
Was ready to kill . . .

Reaction Score
3 minute walk home to main st Hartford. All you Hartford haters in the xl center thread can suck it!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I wish I was as lucky
Then stuck a couples miles short of Sikorsky bridge for hours as cars couldn't make it up a hill on theMerritt
Was ready to kill . . .

Wow that's crazy. It has been a tough winter. I'm ready for warmer weather. It's March right?

Reaction Score
took six hours from Vermont, decided last second to go snowboarding and listened to game on way home, i've never seen so many people without 4 wheel drive going 15 miles an hour in the left lane......

Reaction Score

In the snow, the hill on Route 15 southbound after the Tunnel has always been a witch. In light to moderate snow, I would take the back way up and over Route 42 to Route 8 as the state did a decent job plowing that road and it has a lot less traffic. When I was stuck using Route 15 in the snow, usually to go and shovel my grandmother's house in the Valley, I always had a mantra in my head during snow going up that hill - DO NO STOP. If one stopped on that hill, it was all over.

At leas the old metal bridge going over the Housatonic on Route 15 is gone. That was a lot of fun in the rain or snow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
15 mins to New Britain but than had to deal with the fact i live in New Britain

Lol....one of the funnier things I've read on this board in some time.

I drove back to Berlin, which took about 20 mins, and decided to stay there as opposed to driving home so Stamford.

Reaction Score
Great feedback guys, thanks. Just had to vent. Was thinking about this on the very pleasant ride home this evening...much calmer.

Reaction Score
At leas the old metal bridge going over the Housatonic on Route 15 is gone. That was a lot of fun in the rain or snow.

Is it really gone? Only been about 2 or 3 years since I have been up there, and thought it was still there at that time? I remember when they replaced it once years ago and they put the metal going the wrong direction and it felt like you could not keep the wheels straight.

Reaction Score
To the guys that park in that awful garage next to the xl center, next time park at the garage attached to Lincoln Financial. It is only $7 and one block from the xl center. Getting out is super fast and you can make it onto 84 in a few minutes.

Reaction Score
Why park in a garage at all? Especially for a sunday game, street parking was in abundance. 10 minutes home to Wethersfield. And that was with driving cautiously.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wish I was as lucky
Was ready to kill . . .

In the snow, the hill on Route 15 southbound after the Tunnel has always been a witch. In light to moderate snow, I would take the back way up and over Route 42 to Route 8 as the state did a decent job plowing that road and it has a lot less traffic. When I was stuck using Route 15 in the snow, usually to go and shovel my grandmother's house in the Valley, I always had a mantra in my head during snow going up that hill - DO NO STOP. If one stopped on that hill, it was all over.

It's been a while since I've lived in Connecticut but I know both of them hills all too well.

Reaction Score
Is it really gone? Only been about 2 or 3 years since I have been up there, and thought it was still there at that time? I remember when they replaced it once years ago and they put the metal going the wrong direction and it felt like you could not keep the wheels straight.

Yeah, its been gone for about a decade now (time flies). My old man had me drive over the old metal one in the rain as part of my final 'test' before I took the real diver's license test a week later in Middletown (everyone I knew tried getting a slot in Middletown over North Haven/Hamden DMV as that location had a bad rep). Halfway across, even my 16 year old, naïve mind realized why I was driving the 10 year old Mercury Sable that we were about to trade in.

Reaction Score
Why park in a garage at all? Especially for a sunday game, street parking was in abundance. 10 minutes home to Wethersfield. And that was with driving cautiously.

Remember when you paid to park for a XL Center basketball game? Me neither.

Reaction Score
I bitched out and stayed home at the last minute. Was pissed that I missed being there given how it played out. But then as soon as the game was over I was happy to commute from my couch.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My cousin had a pretty bad crash on the old steel deck bridge on 15 about six months before it was replaced. She was fine, the car wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom