Allisha Gray Leaving UNC | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Allisha Gray Leaving UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley has been to FF once.
She has not won any NC.
Yet basketball players are lining up to go to SC.

Geno did not have it this easy even after winning 5 NCs.
Even now he seems to have some difficulty (at least in my eyes) in recruiting height.

Why is this?

Connecticut in the middle of nowhere is not for everyone.
Coach Auriemma has had little difficulty recruiting top talent. The complaint about UConn's recruiting woes is totally unwarranted.
Coach Auriemma is not going to be around forever.
No one ever said recruiting was easy.
Contrary to the consensus belief on the Boneyard, it is not all about national championships. It may be the right thing to say and who is to say that these young ladies who choose to go elsewhere are not looking to be national champion pioneers a la Rebecca Lobo.
Proximity to home may have a lot to do with the decisions.
Appearing in this year's Final Four, being top rated for a great part of the year, the nationally televised game against UConn.

Overall, it appears that there is concern.That's a good thing. Great for the game, great for fan interest, and I am in Coach Staley's corner while I continue to root for UConn.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Connecticut in the middle of nowhere is not for everyone.
Coach Auriemma has had little difficulty recruiting top talent. The complaint about UConn's recruiting woes is totally unwarranted.
Coach Auriemma is not going to be around forever.
No one ever said recruiting was easy.
Contrary to the consensus belief on the Boneyard, it is not all about national championships. It may be the right thing to say and who is to say that these young ladies who choose to go elsewhere are not looking to be national champion pioneers a la Rebecca Lobo.
Proximity to home may have a lot to do with the decisions.
Appearing in this year's Final Four, being top rated for a great part of the year, the nationally televised game against UConn.

Overall, it appears that there is concern.That's a good thing. Great for the game, great for fan interest, and I am in Coach Staley's corner while I continue to root for UConn.

Connecticut is a beautiful, wealthy state; why would it be hard to recruit there?

Reaction Score
Connecticut is a beautiful, wealthy state; why would it be hard to recruit there?

I think he meant that Storrs is in the middle of nowhere.

But I'm not sure how relevant that is, because the kids are kept
pretty busy with practice and class work. To a significant degree,
the team (including the coaching staff) is their universe.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Unless you have private access to the Cox or McCoy families, assuming they've even come to any set conclusions, I don't know how you could possibly know this.
"sources"

Reaction Score
Oh stop it. Please relax. Dawn got a few elite transfers from the ACC after not having overwhelming success recruiting behind a stacked 2014 class.

It's quite possible that players just want to be a part of helping to build something at SC..

And don't even start with the "UCONN has trouble recruiting blah blah blah"... I would love to have that freshmen class that just arrived in Stohrrs..

I would think that it is also players going where there is a need for their services. SC has a strong frontcourt. The new players are all backcourt players who can step in right away and play. Plus it is an opportunity to have a talented enough team to go after UConn. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
and you wish you knew who they were...

You're saying you have sources with people familiar with the Cox and McCoy family thinking, and that those kids have expressly told these sources in what order they have their remaining school options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom