Allen Iverson Tweet/Instagram Post | The Boneyard

Allen Iverson Tweet/Instagram Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty inspiring stuff: "Congratulations K.O. this couldn't happen to a better person. I'm very excited about you being in the National Championship game. I never thought I could pull for UConn, but I will this year because you're there. Good luck and God bless you ... #TheAnswer"

Stuff like this just wants to make you run through a wall. If there isn't somebody at UConn who is compiling all this stuff - whether it be KD talking about how KO completely changed the culture in OKC, Chris Webber raving about him, or this AI tweet - we need a complete overhaul in the PR department.

I knew KO had a load of connections, but I had no clue his impact on the league was this far-reaching. It genuinely seems like every teammate he's ever played with loves the guy to death, and if you're a recruit, stuff like the Kevin Durant soundbite is just authentic gold that not just any program can reproduce by paying off somebody to speak at a guest dinner.

This program has seen a lot of road blocks cast in its path over the last couple years, the AAC being the biggest one of all. But if the last two years have proven anything, it's that a larger-than-life personality like Kevin Ollie can overcome just about anything. I mean, holy hell guys, this guy just out-coached two Hall of Famer's in consecutive games, and he has dozens of legendary NBA players running free recruiting infomercials for him on a daily basis. It just so happens that the guy is also a graduate of the University and seems to be committed to being here for as long as he can walk.

Look - I want Niels, Bazz, Tyler, and the rest of them to bring home this title Monday night more than I can see straight. But whatever happens, we won 'in lottery, again. Not only are we not going to fade quietly into the night like so many hoped, there also might not be a program in the country better positioned going forward than this one. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
During an interview before the season ended, KO was asked about several players he had played with during his NBA career. One was Alan Iverson. The interviewer may have expected a candid head shaking negative response but KO was effusive in his praise for AI. As a competitor, teammate and chastened guy who has been teaching others how to learn from his mistakes.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I would love to run through a wall for KO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom