All you need to know about KO | The Boneyard

All you need to know about KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been more than impressed with KO during his first year at the helm. Here's a quick tidbit that has nothing to do with basketball, but illustrates exactly why he is the perfect head coach for the program.

His daughter plays soccer in Glastonbury, but has been on the sidelines with an injury. Nevertheless, KO makes it his business to still attend the games and cheer on her teammates. Simply put, he is an exceptional guy.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Huskybass: I know his son plays QB for Glastonbury and also is on the basketball team. Do you have any sense whether or not he can play at the college level in either sport...
D1...2...3???

Reaction Score
I have been more than impressed with KO during his first year at the helm. Here's a quick tidbit that has nothing to do with basketball, but illustrates exactly why he is the perfect head coach for the program.

His daughter plays soccer in Glastonbury, but has been on the sidelines with an injury. Nevertheless, KO makes it his business to still attend the games and cheer on her teammates. Simply put, he is an exceptional guy.
Thanks for sharing this. Really great stuff! KO is truly an amazing cat. I have no ties to UConn whatsoever but things like this make me so excited to be a Husky fan (since '94).

JC and now KO, just amazing!

Reaction Score
I agree. with all of the above. Ollie is the best person to take over UCONN basketball. He has it all.

Reaction Score
KO is one of those people that is of such high character that he seems too good to be true. I've never seen one shred of evidence to indicate he's not the real deal though. When you consider he's young, already wealthy and able to do whatever he chooses and has concluded coaching our team is that choice, thoughts about what he's going to accomplish with our program the next 20 years or so are as exciting as hell.

Reaction Score
If you did not like JC- well he gave people reasons. If you do not like KO- you are just an @##$#%#.

Reaction Score
KO is one of those people that is of such high character that he seems too good to be true. I've never seen one shred of evidence to indicate he's not the real deal though. When you consider he's young, already wealthy and able to do whatever he chooses and has concluded coaching our team is that choice, thoughts about what he's going to accomplish with our program the next 20 years or so are as exciting as hell.
It's inherent in KO's character to strive, achieve and accomplish and even though he wants the money, he's not driven by it. If you gave him a choice of 50 million in cash or a national championship for this year's team, i have no doubt as to what he would choose. He has the work ethic so all that's needed are the horses and a lttle luck.

Reaction Score
Huskybass: I know his son plays QB for Glastonbury and also is on the basketball team. Do you have any sense whether or not he can play at the college level in either sport...
D1...2...3???

I am a senior in HS and will be playing him this year in basketball. I would say that football is his better sport. I don't think it is very likely he pursues basketball in college, but then again he already has alot of exposure.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There is a nice article on Jalen in the Courant today. It says he is going to prep school next year....no mention of where or why.
He says he is undecided about which sport to pursue. I'm guessing that the PGrad year is to increase his stock among higher level programs whether
it be football or basketball.

It will be interesting to follow his recruiting next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom