all this talk about the committee not liking the AAC (although it's true) | The Boneyard

all this talk about the committee not liking the AAC (although it's true)

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
That doesn't make it a permanent concern for the conference. This is the work of ten bureaucrats with their own selfish agenda on their minds. Ten thieves, ten people with little pride and lots of bullsh!t to back up their idiocy.

The reasons behind committee decisions vary every years. Their RPI? not so much this year, that wouldn't work for them. Wins away from home? maybe not. How they played down the stretch, some yes and some no, whatever fits their agenda. Their ability to advance in the tourny? what?

Nope, this year it's SOS. It's as if they didn't know SOS is a very large part of the component they usually cite, the only tool they have cited consistently for years, the RPI. Do you think they know that if the SOS was stronger, the AAC teams' RPI wouild be a lot higher. Of course they know, they're just looking for whatever argument they can to fit their agenda.

Collectively, what they did to the AAC was a crime. Louisville's seeding may be the biggest joke in seeding history. CT and Cinci also under-seeded when compared to every other source available (some of them which actually know basketball). SMU being left out was also a slap in the face,

But the very worst thing they did to the conference was to put 3 out of it's 4 teams in the same bracket. They should be charged with gross incompetence and manipulation. The entire committee should be discharged and we should start from scratch next year.

They're shameless thieves

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The college basketball establishment is telling us to get out of this league. I don't know why we are refusing to listen.

Reaction Score
Did we really think that they would allow the American receive more bids than the self-proclaimed bet conference ever? Its a complete joke but at least everyone now realizes it. Congrats to the NCAA and ESPN. Your excessive greed will completely destroy college athletics in short time!!!!!

Reaction Score
The college basketball establishment is telling us to get out of this league. I don't know why we are refusing to listen.
Problem is, the powers to be prefer us to be here. UConn to a power 5 conference imposes to much of a threat to too many schools. The old boys network doesn't like that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are not a threat to anyone right now. ESPN/the P5 are slowly squeezing the life out of us.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
you're acting like we have other options than being in this conference. and going independent is unrealistic.

Reaction Score
We are not a threat to anyone right now. ESPN/the P5 are slowly squeezing the life out of us.
My point is that if UConn did join the P5, we would be a threat to many. Excluding us is by design.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I'm not really sure what this means or how this could be or what you think our options are

a group of ten individuals dumped on us because they could, because we're the new guys on the block, because we didn't have representation on the committee

nothing more, nothing less and it won't be the case for the AAC long term (maybe even just a 1 year deal, maybe a couple of more years max)

Reaction Score
My point is that if UConn did join the P5, we would be a threat to many. Excluding us is by design.

A threat to who? UConn is a national brand maybe not in football but Just the UConn women basketball program is probably more recognizable then any of the football programs out side the powere 5 excluding BYU. Think about it the womens had a multi million dollar tv contract with a NY tv station worth more then what Boise State football program used to make once again thats just the women program. UConn mens have a huge following not just in Connecticut but in NY and New England.

Having UConn come visit any team is more then likely a sellout, and the buzz of UConn playing say the Michigans, Penn ST, Ohio ST's or The Florida ST, Miami, Virgina Tech on a regular basis would be huge for New England . IMHO

Hathaway had no vision and so far Warde is just monitoring the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom