All I wanted out of this season was.... | The Boneyard

All I wanted out of this season was....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1). Everyone learn how to compete and win. Especially in close games.
2). Everyone who is coming back get lots of playing experience and improves.
3). Ollie get game experience for the future.

I think they've accomplished all 3 already so I'm fine. Losses from here on out don't bother me. Wish Napier was playing but maybe that's another lesson - how to win without your best player on the court.

Now just get everyone to come back and hopefully Facey and/or Brimah can give them rebounding and post defense and the team is ready for a good run next year. It's all about the future for me at this point.

Reaction Score
Good post Hooper.

Now just for the "looks"....I want 20 wins also.

Reaction Score
If facey can come in and be at Nolan's level now, maybe a little better defensively, and Nolan can keep improving we could have a very strong team.

Of course this assumes baz is here.

As mad as I get after losing games like today I have 0 complaints about this year. It has exceeded expectations.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The next 2 games should be interesting with all the injuries piling up. Should win in FL & never wanna lose at Gamp, especially vs PC. Finish strong and give Nolan/Tolks a longer look. TWO biggest recruits on Ollie's schedule: Bazz & Boat. Keep them, improve on this year and we could really have a fun time next March.

Reaction Score
20, 21 would be great but they really proved a ton to me........extremely happy but finish strong!!

Good post Hooper

Reaction Score
One more thing. I think Daniels is going to be a stud next year. He just needs to hit the weights hard this spring and summer and improve his handle. If I were him I'd be pounding the basketball with dribbling drills 30 minutes every day. It astounds me that talented kids like him, Rudy Gay, Stanley Robinson, etc. don't seriously improve their handle during their college career. I've seen 5th graders do it so why can't college players?

caw

Reaction Score
One more thing. I think Daniels is going to be a stud next year. He just needs to hit the weights hard this spring and summer and improve his handle. If I were him I'd be pounding the basketball with dribbling drills 30 minutes every day. It astounds me that talented kids like him, Rudy Gay, Stanley Robinson, etc. don't seriously improve their handle during their college career. I've seen 5th graders do it so why can't college players?

I agree. Would also love for him to work on the 1-2 dribble pullup. He has shown he can get the three pointer and has done a better job of getting to the rim without charging. He has even shown a nice post game, but he still gets blocked at the rim. A simple 15 foot pullup would do wonders for his game.

12.5 and 5.8 in BE play has been very solid. He's only had a few bad outings also. If he can get up to 14-16 and 6-8 consistently next year, that would be fantastic, if Napier is back. If Napier leaves, probably will need more.

Next year, having Daniels, Napier and Boatright all around 14-16 would make this team extremely tough. Throw in Calhoun around 8-12 and Giffey around 6-8 and that is most of the scoring. Add a few rebounding/shotblocking bigs down low and this team could make some serious noise. I am liking UConn's roster a ton next year if Napier is back. If EW is also back, it could be extremely good.

If the five above can average 14, 14, 14, 8, and 6, the freshman and other bigs only need to get 16 total to average 72 a game (or what UConn is averaging now), that would be slightly over 2 PPG from 6 players (AB, KF, TO, TS, LT, PN). If the 5 bigs can average 20-25 RPG and 6 BPG between them and Samuel can duplicate what RJ is giving (at the minimum) UConn will be in the discussion for top five to ten. I expect the rebounding and blocks to go up with more bigs and more fouls available. None of the above is including an improved EW coming back.

God I can't wait for next year.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am ten toes in on Wednesday. Will be seeing my second game of the seasonseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom