All Bets Off for Lubbock Game | The Boneyard

All Bets Off for Lubbock Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno being quoted in news links as Kia and Saniya not playing. Sorta makes for an interesting night in which positions will not tell us much. Though I suspect the play will make lots of talk about the frosh and sophomores.

Reaction Score
Geno being quoted in news links as Kia and Saniya not playing. Sorta makes for an interesting night in which positions will not tell us much. Though I suspect the play will make lots of talk about the frosh and sophomores.
Is that due to injuries or just to make the exhibitions more of an opportunity for the younger players to get more game experience?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lubbock has some height too (a couple 6-4 and 6-5 players). Could be a very competitive game.

I noticed in a couple of the video links of practice yesterday, it looked like the Blue team was Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson, Williams and Ekmark. Might be the starters Monday???

Nurse and Chong were sitting out at practice yesterday.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Is that due to injuries or just to make the exhibitions more of an opportunity for the younger players to get more game experience?

Minor dings. They'd play a regular season game.

Reaction Score
Lubbock has some height too (a couple 6-4 and 6-5 players). Could be a very competitive game.

I noticed in a couple of the video links of practice yesterday, it looked like the Blue team was Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson, Williams and Ekmark. Might be the starters Monday???

Nurse and Chong were sitting out at practice yesterday.

The difference between DI and DII is night and day and even though UConn is shorthanded and Lubbock is a DII power this game won't be close.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Are you sure they aren't playing in the game - all I saw was that they were not playing in practice the last couple of days with minor tweaks - didn't see anything pointing toward them sitting out the game Monday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like this crew with KLS rotating at F spot and Collier in a backcourt role.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
While I HATE injuries, in a way it's an opportunity for Ekmark and the freshmen to show what they can do...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The difference between DI and DII is night and day and even though UConn is shorthanded and Lubbock is a DII power this game won't be close.
I'm not too worried about a loss, because it's exhibition so the loss wouldn't count anyway. But if we could pull out a victory with the injuries were facing, that would be fantastic.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Geno being quoted in news links as Kia and Saniya not playing...
upload_2015-10-30_12-50-2.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Are you sure they aren't playing in the game - all I saw was that they were not playing in practice the last couple of days with minor tweaks - didn't see anything pointing toward them sitting out the game Monday.

Every day I'm less sure of almost everything. I thought I read it, but maybe I just read into it. What did you just ask me? Did I answer it? :oops:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Ah, my error. First the quote:

"Junior guard Saniya Chong and sophomore guard Kia Nurse sat out Thursday’s practice for minor ailments, but Auriemma said if were a regular-season game being played on Thursday that both would have been able to go."

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20151029/injured-thumb-puts-natalie-butlers-uconn-debut-on-hold

I inferred it to be his saying they would sit the first Exhibition Game, which I thought was Saturday. No TV means I pay little attention to dates. Headed to penalty box now. :confused:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I expected a nice little write up on the Lubbock game on their site or atleast a few quotes. Found nothing. I find that odd. I did see that they are expected to be the best in their conference.

Reaction Score
No TV means I pay little attention to dates.

The last couple of years I've watched the games on Husky Vision. You can subscribe for a month then cancel after the 2 exhibitions. Not the best production because you get what they show on the video board at the game so there are too many floor shots from behind the basket but after waiting for a game for 7 months it's well worth the price. ($10.57/mo)

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/collegesportslive/?media=510024

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The last couple of years I've watched the games on Husky Vision. You can subscribe for a month then cancel after the 2 exhibitions. Not the best production because you get what they show on the video board at the game so there are too many floor shots from behind the basket but after waiting for a game for 7 months it's well worth the price. ($10.57/mo)

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/collegesportslive/?media=510024

Thanks for the reminder Alydar. I'll do it, though last year between their poor video stuff, the open mikes, and my terrible download speed it's a mess. I totally blanked out on this option. Thanks again.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ROFLMAO

Hard to believe that cute dog said that! We know what you are doing with the Avatar switch east.... It won't work. There is a reason the "North" won the civil war! It's part of what you are poking at - we worry, we cover every option, then we worry some more. Made McClellan a lousy general, but eventually we figured it out. I suspect people in Waco (I figure it was just a spelling error that stuck ;)) are just too happy go lucky.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I expected a nice little write up on the Lubbock game on their site or atleast a few quotes. Found nothing. I find that odd. I did see that they are expected to be the best in their conference.

I suspect they don't want to have to explain what will happen on Monday. :( 'Course, it could be that they are still suffering from the whole nationhood thing.... oh, nevermind.:oops:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ah, my error. First the quote:

"Junior guard Saniya Chong and sophomore guard Kia Nurse sat out Thursday’s practice for minor ailments, but Auriemma said if were a regular-season game being played on Thursday that both would have been able to go."

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20151029/injured-thumb-puts-natalie-butlers-uconn-debut-on-hold

I inferred it to be his saying they would sit the first Exhibition Game, which I thought was Saturday. No TV means I pay little attention to dates. Headed to penalty box now. :confused:
So does this mean all bets are now back ON?! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom