All American Predictions | The Boneyard

All American Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Below are my picks for the All-American teams. I don't think that this list will 100% match up with who will actually be voted on the teams, but thought I'd share:

1st Team:
Breanna Stewart, Sr, Connecticut-Lock for 1st team and NPOY

Moriah Jefferson, Sr, Connecticut-Another lock for 1st team

A'ja Wilson, So, South Carolina-Should be a lock for 1st team. She isn't the most efficient forward but she is so much more aggressive this year and has blossomed into a star for South Carolina

Kelsey Mitchell, So, Ohio State-I don't think she is necessarily a lock, but she should be a heavy favorite. She has had some enormous games this year and has really stood out all season long. With how OSU is playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they flame out early and she goes down to 2nd team, but she's one of the most dangerous scorers in the country.

Rachel Banham, Sr, Minnesota-Regardless if Minnesota makes the tournament or not, she has had a season for the ages.

2nd Team:
Courtney Williams, Sr, South Florida-Her athleticism and midrange game are outstanding. 22 points and 8 rebounds per game for a 5-8 guard is ridiculous. Should be a lock for a team.

Aerial Powers, Jr, Michigan State-She has had an outstanding year at Michigan State, who is vastly improved from a year ago. Should be a lock for a team.

Shatorti Walker-Kimbrough, Jr, Maryland-She might be the least talked about great player in the nation. She is averaging 20 a game, shooting 55% from the floor, 55% from 3, and has led #5 Maryland to a sterling 29-3 record. All American lock IMO.

Myisha Hines-Allen, So, Louisville-She has been a major force at Louisville and is the biggest reason why they are primed to be a top 3 seed this year. 17.5 points, 8+ rebounds, 54% FG...really great numbers and performance this year.

Alexis Jones, Jr, Baylor-Her numbers don't jump out at you, but I think she is Baylor's best player and the biggest reason why they are a heavy favorite to go back to the Final Four this year. She steps up in big games and can dominate in a variety of ways. Great scorer and passer, she's also a lockdown defender. I don't think she'll make a team, or if a Baylor player does it will be Davis, but I'd pick Jones.

3rd Team:

Brianna Turner, So, Notre Dame-She hasn't had a coming out party like A'ja Wilson has, but she has put together a really good year for ND. 14 points, 7 boards, 3 blocks, 60% FG. Her presence inside creates a lot of opportunities for guards to penetrate and get open looks from the outside.

Madison Cable, Sr, Notre Dame-I think she is quietly one of the most underrated players in the country. She is remarkably efficient (over 50% from the field, 47% from 3, 84% at the line, averages just 1 TO/game), is a very good defender and has been the stable glue player at Notre Dame. There's no way Notre Dame is 31-1 if she didn't come back this year.

Brittany Martin, Sr, Oklahoma State-She's been a force in the Big 12 all year and is having an All-American caliber season. 20 points, 11 boards, 50% FG, positive A/TO ratio. OkSt isn't a top team, but they should make the tourney and will be a big threat due to Martin.

Tiffany Mitchell, Sr, South Carolina-She hasn't had a standout year but is clearly one of the better guards in the country. She can step up her play and take over games. Great athlete and capable of putting up massive numbers when she is assertive.

Jamie Weisner, Sr, Oregon State-The Pac 12 POY has been great all season long and really elevated her play compared to a season ago. I think there are better individual talents out there, but you can't leave off the CPOY in the #1 RPI conference off a All American team. That said, really deserving of being named an All-American after this year.

Just missed:
Morgan Tuck, Jr, Connecticut-I had a hard time leaving her off of a team because I think she is one of the top players in the country when she is on, but she just doesn't have All-American numbers and has had a really up and down year despite some great performances in big games. If she were on a different team where she gets more touches and carries a bigger load, she probably makes a team but I couldn't justify ranking her above any of the players listed above.

Imani Boyette, Sr, Texas-She has been the centerpiece on a very good Texas team that has their best team in over a decade. Another player who just doesn't have the numbers to be an All-American, but she's had a very good year for a great Texas team.

Kelsey Plum, Jr, Washington-Big time scorer but is a volume shooter and doesn't have the resume of a player like Rachel Banham. That said, averaging 26ppg is remarkable and I wouldn't be surprised to see her sneak onto a team.

Brionna Jones, Jr, Maryland-She has huge numbers and has been a monster in the post, but I don't think Maryland deserves 2 All-American nods this year, and I'd pick Walker-Kimbrough over her. If she makes a team, I wouldn't question it at all though, great year for a great post.

Makayla Epps, Jr, Kentucky-Really really great year for the junior, but I think there are other players who have had slightly better years. She fills a stat sheet better than most.

Nina Davis, Jr, Baylor-A really good player who has a reduced role this year for the betterment of her team, but I think she is one of the better talents in the nation. I think she will be voted to 3rd team by the AP voters, but just misses my team.

Niya Johnson, Sr, Baylor-One of the nation's best pass first point guards, her assists are off the charts and Baylor has been great this year. Phenomenal defender, but I think Jones/Davis are more deserving.

Lindsey Allen, Jr, Notre Dame-I'd take her over any PG in the nation not named Jefferson, but her overall numbers just aren't there. She's a major reason why ND has lost just 5 games in her young career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like your first team and 80% of your second team. I'd put either Tuck or Turner up there instead of Alexis Jones.

I also wouldn't have Cable that high. I'd put Nina Davis higher than Tiffany Mitchell.

I think things are fairly open this year--unlike the year(s) with Chiney, Brittney, Skylar, and EDD.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hmm -
1st - Stewart, Jefferson, Wilson, Walker-Kimbrough, Turner
2nd - Davis, Mitchell, Banham, ?, ?

I don't see any of the four #1 seeds being snubbed for a ten player AA team and I think Davis gets it for Baylor because of precedence over the other two possibles. The last two spots on team two are too tough - do they throw a bone to the west coast with Weisner? who I don't think quite compares to the other possibles, does Tuck get her AA which I think is borderline, or any one of the others.

One thing going for Morgan in the WBCA team is there isn't a coach in the country that wouldn't covet her being on their team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I like your first team and 80% of your second team. I'd put either Tuck or Turner up there instead of Alexis Jones.

I also wouldn't have Cable that high. I'd put Nina Davis higher than Tiffany Mitchell.

I think things are fairly open this year--unlike the year(s) with Chiney, Brittney, Skylar, and EDD.

What's interesting about this year is there are a LOT of really good players having huge seasons. In the Big Ten alone there are 14 players averaging 17+ ppg. A lot of players are putting up big numbers and shooting the ball efficiently. On the best teams, there aren't as many standouts. Outside of Stewart and arguably A'ja Wilson, no one statistically is putting up dominating numbers. The top teams all have multiple threats inside and out who are capable of putting up huge numbers:
Connecticut: Tuck/Stewart/Jefferson
Notre Dame: Turner/Cable/Mabrey/Allen
Baylor: Davis/Jones/Johnson's assists
SC: Wilson/Coates/Mitchell

There's a lot more balance, and teams are capable of winning even if their top scorer is having a tough night because they have teammates who can step up.

Compare this to 2013, when the top 4 seeds were all led by standout players:
Baylor-Griner
Stanford-Ogwumike
Notre Dame-Diggins
Connecticut-KML

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think Jillian Alleyne deserves strong consideration.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Jillian Alleyne deserves strong consideration.
Agreed, but what level? Top 10? 11-15?

I really think this is a tough year to pick.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Agreed, but what level? Top 10? 11-15?

I really think this is a tough year to pick.

I agree it's a tough year. I personally would put Alleyne on 2nd team, but 3rd team should be the minimum. Her numbers are just insane. Second-leading all-time NCAA in double-doubles, 3rd in rebounding.

Reaction Score
How often have player's been put on 1st team for having big time stats vs the premiere teams? UCONN played 4 teams in top ten. Tuck averaged 17ppg shooting 47%, averaged 7.25 rebounds, and 4.5 assists vs 1.5 turnovers. How much more weight does this carry vs some of her late games vs lower tier teams in which she shoots 1-9? I don't know just asking.

If UCONN wins this year, and Tuck doesn't get 1st team, then imo exclusive 1st team A/A be damned. The jersey needs to go up after going 4-4 in that she has been a beast in big games. Not just good but a beast. They put CD up and she isn't an a/a. A precedent is now set. Winning 4 National Titles in 4 years while being a beast in big games -- a beast - a beast - is imo deserved to get up there.

These great Notre Dame teams the last two years they've lost 4 games in total and three of those were vs UCONN. In two of there three losses their great coach in postagmes has muttered the name "Morgan Tuck" twice. These are championship "heavyweight fights." Put errrrr uppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I would put SWK in the first team over Kelsey Mitchell.

Tiffany Mitchell has not had a 1st team AA season, but she will prove that she's 2nd team worthy during this NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score

Tiffany Mitchell has not had a 1st team AA season, but she will prove that she's 2nd team worthy during this NCAA tournament.

It is my understanding that the selections are made prior to the NCAA Tournament!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think every year is tough.
bballnut - 2013 teams - Griner and Sims were both 1st team WBCA, KML and Dolson were both 1st team, Diggins and McBride - so I don't think those players 'stood alone' even on their own teams.

There are always teams like ND and Uconn where stats tend to be pretty evenly distributed amongst the starters and the top of the bench, and then their are teams where a single player dominates like EDD, or this year Banham. The question for voters becomes where does team success fit in to the picture, and how do you balance a great individual statistic with a breadth of good statistics and great team play. And how do you measure the unmeasurable parts of the game both on offense and defense.

It is interesting - the P5 players of the year:
Hines-Allen
Banham
Weisner
Martin
Wilson
And I left three off my 8 player team with only two places left.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't. Obviously SWK has had an awesome year but Kelsey Mitchell at times is in her own universe. I love me some SWK but she is the 4th best player in the Big 10 this year. (Mitchell, Banham and Ariel Powers)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
How much more weight does this carry vs some of her late games vs lower tier teams in which she shoots 1-9? I don't know just asking.

All-Americans bring it every game, or at least most games.

If UCONN wins this year, and Tuck doesn't get 1st team, then imo exclusive 1st team A/A be damned. The jersey needs to go up after going 4-4 in that she has been a beast in big games. Not just good but a beast. They put CD up and she isn't an a/a. A precedent is now set.

Yes, you can either be a 1st-team All-American or an assistant coach for 30 years.

Winning 4 National Titles in 4 years while being a beast in big games -- a beast - a beast - is imo deserved to get up there.

Well, she didn't play in the Final Four games her sophomore year and we don't know how she'll play in the tournament this year. So, looking at the four Final Four games she has played in:

NC '14 12 pts, 5 reb 7 asst
FF '14 24 pts 9 reb, 0 asst
NC '12 6 pts, 7 reb, 0 asst (4 turnovers)
FF '12 4 pts, 7 reb, 2 asst

That's 1.5 beast games out of the four biggest games she's played and the six biggest games the team has played over those three seasons.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Below are my picks for the All-American teams. I don't think that this list will 100% match up with who will actually be voted on the teams, but thought I'd share:

1st Team:
Breanna Stewart, Sr, Connecticut-Lock for 1st team and NPOY

Moriah Jefferson, Sr, Connecticut-Another lock for 1st team

A'ja Wilson, So, South Carolina-Should be a lock for 1st team. She isn't the most efficient forward but she is so much more aggressive this year and has blossomed into a star for South Carolina

Kelsey Mitchell, So, Ohio State-I don't think she is necessarily a lock, but she should be a heavy favorite. She has had some enormous games this year and has really stood out all season long. With how OSU is playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they flame out early and she goes down to 2nd team, but she's one of the most dangerous scorers in the country.

Rachel Banham, Sr, Minnesota-Regardless if Minnesota makes the tournament or not, she has had a season for the ages.

2nd Team:
Courtney Williams, Sr, South Florida-Her athleticism and midrange game are outstanding. 22 points and 8 rebounds per game for a 5-8 guard is ridiculous. Should be a lock for a team.

Aerial Powers, Jr, Michigan State-She has had an outstanding year at Michigan State, who is vastly improved from a year ago. Should be a lock for a team.

Shatorti Walker-Kimbrough, Jr, Maryland-She might be the least talked about great player in the nation. She is averaging 20 a game, shooting 55% from the floor, 55% from 3, and has led #5 Maryland to a sterling 29-3 record. All American lock IMO.

Myisha Hines-Allen, So, Louisville-She has been a major force at Louisville and is the biggest reason why they are primed to be a top 3 seed this year. 17.5 points, 8+ rebounds, 54% FG...really great numbers and performance this year.

Alexis Jones, Jr, Baylor-Her numbers don't jump out at you, but I think she is Baylor's best player and the biggest reason why they are a heavy favorite to go back to the Final Four this year. She steps up in big games and can dominate in a variety of ways. Great scorer and passer, she's also a lockdown defender. I don't think she'll make a team, or if a Baylor player does it will be Davis, but I'd pick Jones.

3rd Team:

Brianna Turner, So, Notre Dame-She hasn't had a coming out party like A'ja Wilson has, but she has put together a really good year for ND. 14 points, 7 boards, 3 blocks, 60% FG. Her presence inside creates a lot of opportunities for guards to penetrate and get open looks from the outside.

Madison Cable, Sr, Notre Dame-I think she is quietly one of the most underrated players in the country. She is remarkably efficient (over 50% from the field, 47% from 3, 84% at the line, averages just 1 TO/game), is a very good defender and has been the stable glue player at Notre Dame. There's no way Notre Dame is 31-1 if she didn't come back this year.

Brittany Martin, Sr, Oklahoma State-She's been a force in the Big 12 all year and is having an All-American caliber season. 20 points, 11 boards, 50% FG, positive A/TO ratio. OkSt isn't a top team, but they should make the tourney and will be a big threat due to Martin.

Tiffany Mitchell, Sr, South Carolina-She hasn't had a standout year but is clearly one of the better guards in the country. She can step up her play and take over games. Great athlete and capable of putting up massive numbers when she is assertive.

Jamie Weisner, Sr, Oregon State-The Pac 12 POY has been great all season long and really elevated her play compared to a season ago. I think there are better individual talents out there, but you can't leave off the CPOY in the #1 RPI conference off a All American team. That said, really deserving of being named an All-American after this year.

Just missed:
Morgan Tuck, Jr, Connecticut-I had a hard time leaving her off of a team because I think she is one of the top players in the country when she is on, but she just doesn't have All-American numbers and has had a really up and down year despite some great performances in big games. If she were on a different team where she gets more touches and carries a bigger load, she probably makes a team but I couldn't justify ranking her above any of the players listed above.

Imani Boyette, Sr, Texas-She has been the centerpiece on a very good Texas team that has their best team in over a decade. Another player who just doesn't have the numbers to be an All-American, but she's had a very good year for a great Texas team.

Kelsey Plum, Jr, Washington-Big time scorer but is a volume shooter and doesn't have the resume of a player like Rachel Banham. That said, averaging 26ppg is remarkable and I wouldn't be surprised to see her sneak onto a team.

Brionna Jones, Jr, Maryland-She has huge numbers and has been a monster in the post, but I don't think Maryland deserves 2 All-American nods this year, and I'd pick Walker-Kimbrough over her. If she makes a team, I wouldn't question it at all though, great year for a great post.

Makayla Epps, Jr, Kentucky-Really really great year for the junior, but I think there are other players who have had slightly better years. She fills a stat sheet better than most.

Nina Davis, Jr, Baylor-A really good player who has a reduced role this year for the betterment of her team, but I think she is one of the better talents in the nation. I think she will be voted to 3rd team by the AP voters, but just misses my team.

Niya Johnson, Sr, Baylor-One of the nation's best pass first point guards, her assists are off the charts and Baylor has been great this year. Phenomenal defender, but I think Jones/Davis are more deserving.

Lindsey Allen, Jr, Notre Dame-I'd take her over any PG in the nation not named Jefferson, but her overall numbers just aren't there. She's a major reason why ND has lost just 5 games in her young career.

bballnut90 - Thanks for sharing this post. It will create some controversy. This is a post that we can debate the rest of the week. It's apparent that you gave it some thought, as you clearly articulated each of your choices. Some won't agree with your selections, but it's the issue of: if you want to move someone up, who do you remove from that list to make room for them?, and why?. And how subjective are your selections? Are all of your selections based totally on the eye test, or has a little sentimentality crept in?

It's like two people looking at a half full/half empty glass of water. They see the same glass of water totally different.
I join other UConn fans that would like to see Tuck selected an AA this year. I like Morgan, and I'm biased in her case. While she was an huge part of UConn's overall success this year, Her 2 week layoff, and the 3-4 games it took her to get her timing back, may have hurt her a little in the eyes of the selection committee. To most UConn fans however, this should not be taken into account. They would suggest to look at her entire season. They may not be wrong.

Overall, Tuck has had a very good season. But, I can't in good conscience put Tuck on the 1st team (who do you take off to put her on?). I don't think she had a better year than any of the 5 you selected. ALL 5 of your 1st team selections are standout players had exceptional years. Reading some of the responses, I expect to get some push back on this take, but I'm trying to be unbiased and objective here.

You left some pretty good players off the 3 lists. With only 15 spots available, some very good players are going to miss the cut. No matter who the selection committee selects, there are will be some folks that will vehemently disagree with their selections. I'll be interested to see how close your selections are to the NCAA's selections.

Reaction Score
All-Americans bring it every game, or at least most games.

Well, she didn't play in the Final Four games her sophomore year and we don't know how she'll play in the tournament this year. So, looking at the four Final Four games she has played in:

NC '14 12 pts, 5 reb 7 asst
FF '14 24 pts 9 reb, 0 asst
NC '12 6 pts, 7 reb, 0 asst (4 turnovers)
FF '12 4 pts, 7 reb, 2 asst

That's 1.5 beast games out of the four biggest games she's played and the six biggest games the team has played over those three seasons.

1-- First off I did say "IF UCONN wins this year." As it is all of us can't type in every scenario, can we? Do I need to specify that if she can't play during NCAA's it doesn't count? Or if she is incredibly awful etc?

2-- All-american's bring it every game? We both agree then "most games," right? Because if we want to talk "every game" then what did Skylar Diggins "bring" in her sr year vs UCONN in 4 games? Her best shooting game vs UCONN was 11-31 at 35.4% in which she wasn't a good passer either with her best ratio was 6 assits and 5 turnovers. Add in her awful game vs Baylor, that is 5 games in her senior year. Still it is "most games." Same with Tuck. Unless your definition is top ten teams in regular season aren't "big games?"

3-- Thanks for the reference of final fours. Now I see we still have Tuck as a beast in her games vs top ten teams as I previously mentioned and add the ones you mentioned to her total we can say "in most games" she was a beast. And add the 4-4 for titles - she should get up there.

Reaction Score
[
bballnut90 - Thanks for sharing this post. It will create some controversy. This is a post that we can debate the rest of the week. It's apparent that you gave it some thought, as you clearly articulated each of your choices. Some won't agree with your selections, but it's the issue of: if you want to move someone up, who do you remove from that list to make room for them?, and why?. And how subjective are your selections? Are all of your selections based totally on the eye test, or has a little sentimentality crept in?

It's like two people looking at a half full/half empty glass of water. They see the same glass of water totally different.
I join other UConn fans that would like to see Tuck selected an AA this year. I like Morgan, and I'm biased in her case. While she was an huge part of UConn's overall success this year, Her 2 week layoff, and the 3-4 games it took her to get her timing back, may have hurt her a little in the eyes of the selection committee. To most UConn fans however, this should not be taken into account. They would suggest to look at her entire season. They may not be wrong.

Overall, Tuck has had a very good season. But, I can't in good conscience put Tuck on the 1st team (who do you take off to put her on?). I don't think she had a better year than any of the 5 you selected. ALL 5 of your 1st team selections are standout players had exceptional years. Reading some of the responses, I expect to get some push back on this take, but I'm trying to be unbiased and objective here.

You left some pretty good players off the 3 lists. With only 15 spots available, some very good players are going to miss the cut. No matter who the selection committee selects, there are will be some folks that will vehemently disagree with their selections. I'll be interested to see how close your selections are to the NCAA's selections.

To get Tuck's name on the wall she needs to be in the top ten, not the top 5. Do you think you can take a player off bballnut's 2nd team and replace with Tuck?

Reaction Score
1st: MoJeff, K Mitchell, Banham, Stewie, Wilson
2nd: T Mitchell, N Davis, Plum, Tuck, Turner
3rd: C Williams, Weisner, Walker-Kimbrough, Alleyne, Boyette
HM: Canada, L Allen, Epps, C Jenkins, J Jones, Stevens, Vivians

Reaction Score
I thought these teams are voted on before the NCAA tournament? If so, what players do in the tournament would be irrelevant since the voting would have already occurred.

Wally East

Reaction Score
[ ... ]

Just pointing out that she hasn't been a beast in all of the important games she's played in her career (and that she didn't play any sort of role at all in one of the four titles).

Tuck, this season, hasn't been All-American quality: 12.5 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 3.2 apg. It's bad luck but things happen.

More or less the same thing happened with KML her junior year. She had an interrupted season (and finished with similar stats for the season as compared to Tuck's this season). She wasn't an All-American, either, even though we valued her as much as or more than most players that were named All-Americans.

Reaction Score
Just pointing out that she hasn't been a beast in all of the important games she's played in her career (and that she didn't play any sort of role at all in one of the four titles).

Tuck, this season, hasn't been All-American quality: 12.5 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 3.2 apg. It's bad luck but things happen.

More or less the same thing happened with KML her junior year. She had an interrupted season (and finished with similar stats for the season as compared to Tuck's this season). She wasn't an All-American, either, even though we valued her as much as or more than most players that were named All-Americans.

1-- I agree she hasn't been a beast in all. But as you say you don't need to be a beast in all.

2-- Secondly, in terms of A/A for this season - that's why I asked the question. Do big games for this season trump the few lousy ones? She has been a beast THIS SEASON in the big games. Final Fours in past seasons are irrelevant to THIS season. And you answered the question though - so thanks.

3-- I see what you are saying about KML. But that's why I asked about big games. It seems you don't put any importance/or little importance in big reg. season games vs games we'd win easily. That's fine - it's why I asked. I would. And probably voters won't. Bummer.

Wally East

Reaction Score
3-- I see what you are saying about KML. But that's why I asked about big games. It seems you don't put any importance/or little importance in big reg. season games vs games we'd win easily. That's fine - it's why I asked. I would. And probably voters won't. Bummer.

Games vs. top ten teams make a bit of difference but, to me, not enough to push her into first team status -- not when her overall performance hasn't been so sparkling. You don't need to outstanding in all games but you need to be outstanding in enough games.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wouldn't put Wilson on the 1st team. Her numbers have been good but not great. I think it's a bit unfair that the "hype" of Wilson puts her on lists ahead of Banham and Plum.

I'd actually put Stewie, Moriah, Banham, Plum and Kelsey Mitchell on the 1st team.

On the 2nd team I'd put Ariel Powers, Courtney Williams, Walker Kimbrough and Jillian Alleyne.

If there was a 3rd team, I'd have to choose from Turner, Wilson, Tuck, Anigwe (Cal), Martin (Oklahoma State), Coffey (NW), Alston (Ohio State), Alleyne (Oregon State), and Stevens (Duke). I actually think you could make an argument that Anigwe belongs at least on the 2nd team, based on the season she just had.

The reason I did it that way is I believe you really do have to reward players who shoulder the majority of the scoring load for their teams. I know Wilson is the "sexy" choices in that their names are very familiar to those in WCBB circles, but frankly, they didn't to as much for their teams as the other players I put ahead of them.

Having said that I agree there's no way Wilson is left off the 2nd team at the very least, but 15.6 PPG and 8.7 RPG pales in comparison to what others I listed ahead of her did this year. IMHO I think it's unfair that the "hype" of her gets her on many people's list of 1st team AA's when you compare her stats and accomplishments against players like Banham, Plum, Powers, Williams, Walker-Kimbrough and Alleyne.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
[

To get Tuck's name on the wall she needs to be in the top ten, not the top 5. Do you think you can take a player off bballnut's 2nd team and replace with Tuck?
Absolutely. I thought about my post after I posted it. I could make an argue for first team based on her body of work over the entire season. Most of the time she did not play a lot of minutes, negating the opportunity to score a lot of points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I can absolutely put Tuck on the first team- in good conscience. She has been the catalyst of the Connecticut record run of victories (challenging the second longest, and only third longest by a smidgen), and she is the third leading scorer on the best team in the nation. She should have been an All American last year, and should be a can't-miss this year. Can you imagine UConn without her?

No way she can be left off the first team. No way!

Reaction Score
IF UConn wins #11 NC, I will see Stewie, Moriah in 1st, Tuck in 2nd, Nurse in 3rd,
And KLS honorable Mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle