Alex Oriakhi weight loss | The Boneyard

Alex Oriakhi weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
check this video out of Alex. I know its beating a dead horse but maybe this is why he never progressed at Uconn. He lost 18 pounds in a couple months at Mizzou. No wonder why his stamina was pretty bad he got lazy. Anyways hes a great kid and wish him nothing but the best hopefully at the next level. Maybe wherever he goes to his father will be left behind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I heard he keeps dropping his fork.
Even after a great win and tons of discussion on it, this may be the post of the day.

Reaction Score
Yeah, someone posted this a few weeks ago.

This obsession with Oriakhi is stupid. He's no longer here. Let it go already.

Reaction Score
check this video out of Alex. I know its beating a dead horse but maybe this is why he never progressed at Uconn. He lost 18 pounds in a couple months at Mizzou. No wonder why his stamina was pretty bad he got lazy. Anyways hes a great kid and wish him nothing but the best hopefully at the next level. Maybe wherever he goes to his father will be left behind.

Why dont we have a trainer like this? This is no joke--I am happy for Orihaki--he helped us win a championship and no one should forget that--hes a Uconn guy. But forget that for one moment--we need this type of training for our players. Guys like Giffey Wolf Nolan heck anyone other than Evans could use this guy and methods. AO is better this year than when he was with Uconn---maybe by 20%.

Reaction Score
Why dont we have a trainer like this? This is no joke--I am happy for Orihaki--he helped us win a championship and no one should forget that--hes a Uconn guy. But forget that for one moment--we need this type of training for our players. Guys like Giffey Wolf Nolan heck anyone other than Evans could use this guy and methods. AO is better this year than when he was with Uconn---maybe by 20%.

We've always had it, at least for the people who are motivated. Taliek-Ben-Okafor could probably all do bench presses. By which I mean, you could put all 10 of our substitute players on the bench and they could pick them up.

The Jeff-AJ-Dyson-Thabeet-Gavin-Sticks team all got stronger too. Thabeet fell down all the time as a freshman, Gavin got pushed around, etc.

Sometimes a player finds fresh motivation in a new start and hits the weights more seriously.

Reaction Score
The light went on for the kid, he got his butt in shape.
Kind of like the housewife who gets off the sofa after her wife leaves with his secretary.
You look great! Should have done it two years ago

Reaction Score
He may look better, but his numbers basically mirror his 2011 season at UConn. He is up a point in scoring mainly because he has a bit higher shooting and FT %. Rebounds exactly the same, assists exactly the same, blocks exactly the same, steals up a bit and turnovers up a bit. Remember, this is a "kid" who is almost 23 years old playing is his 4th year in college. The kid plateaued in 2011 and lost minutes to a lottery pick 18 year old in 2012. He moved to a much softer league (1 ranked team) and his numbers didn't change.

Reaction Score
The point of this post was maybe we need a new strength & conditioning coach. If you look at our team Giffey, Wolf, DeAndre, Bazz even Olander have put on little to no muscle/weight. If you look at schools like Pitt kids come in small and by end of careers have put on a pretty good amount of weight. Hopefully its something K.O. sees as a problem and gets it fixed. No reason we should be getting the ball stolen from us on alot of rebounds. Just a side note yes some guys on Uconn have gotten big but not a good % of players.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
This isn't the first time UConn's strength and conditioning program (or lack of) has come up. When Curtis Kelly transferred he made some comments about how Kansas State's strength and conditioning program was light years ahead of UConn's. I'm not sure it was something Calhoun ever really focused on. Hopefully Ollie has a different mindset.

Reaction Score
This isn't the first time UConn's strength and conditioning program (or lack of) has come up. When Curtis Kelly transferred he made some comments about how Kansas State's strength and conditioning program was light years ahead of UConn's. I'm not sure it was something Calhoun ever really focused on. Hopefully Ollie has a different mindset.
The women have a good one S&C coach. I'm SURE the men do too.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He may look better, but his numbers basically mirror his 2011 season at UConn. He is up a point in scoring mainly because he has a bit higher shooting and FT %. Rebounds exactly the same, assists exactly the same, blocks exactly the same, steals up a bit and turnovers up a bit. Remember, this is a "kid" who is almost 23 years old playing is his 4th year in college. The kid plateaued in 2011 and lost minutes to a lottery pick 18 year old in 2012. He moved to a much softer league (1 ranked team) and his numbers didn't change.
Good analysis. Bulking up isn't the issue for AO. Someone needs to shape up his psyche!

Reaction Score
I don't know if there was personnel changeover in the strength/conditioning program between 2004 and now, but Taliek, Ben and Emeka were weight room all-stars. When Ben went to the combines, there was a comment from someone that "his muscles have muscles".

The trick to hoops is you are trying to add stength/muscle while also improving your quickness and vertical - so some fast twitch muscle work and flexibility is needed too, and not always just bulk. I mentioned him before, but a guy like Gavin was stronger in the upper body when he graduated, but also infinitely "springier" than when he came in. I never thought he'd be a shot blocker when he started, but he went from being a below-average athlete (I thought) to a guy who could make plays above the rim.

Pitt has had an impressive track record of breeding quality beef. Winning big games not so much. That doesn't necessarily prove annything - our 2004 team is a good counterpoint of a team of musclemen just destroying teams. But then again, two of our string beaniest guys have rings on their beany fingers, and we won five games in five days with a team that didn't have a lot of bulk.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The light went on for the kid, he got his butt in shape.
Kind of like the housewife who gets off the sofa after her wife leaves with his secretary.
You look great! Should have done it two years ago

I've read this like ten times and I'm still trying to figure out who's the lesbian, who's the transvestite and who's the one cheating.

Reaction Score

What qualifies him as a "great kid"? He left like a jackwad, was lazy (per you); give me the details of the great kid part.

Reaction Score
the one guy i really want to see get in the weight room hard is DD. he looks so weak out on the court. if he were to gain 10-15 lbs of muscle he could possibly become one of the better players in the conference not just our team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
the one guy i really want to see get in the weight room hard is DD. he looks so weak out on the court. if he were to gain 10-15 lbs of muscle he could possibly become one of the better players in the conference not just our team.

We'll have this discussion about DD after every game this year.

It isn't that he *has* to gain 10-15 lbs. Maybe he will and maybe he'll be better for it.

What he does have to do is increase his explosiveness. He couldn't even get above the rim for the alley-oop pass from Napier when he got fouled. He has a slender/lithe frame which isn't a show-stopper in basketball. Reference Kevin Durant, Rip Hamilton and many others.

He needs to work with the strength coach on low repetition, high weight and quickly completing the repetition. Uconn's weight room has the machines that meaures the power of each lift.

And for the physics impaired, power is work divided time. And work is force times distance. In other words DD needs to get better at pushing larger masses across a distance in shorter time.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I don't feel particularly strong about the kid one way or another, but the way he acted in that "scuffle" the other night was laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom