Alex Oriakhi to the Kings (Eventually?) | The Boneyard

Alex Oriakhi to the Kings (Eventually?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Apparently there's been a complex trade of some sort between Phoenix and Sacramento that retroactively gave them the draft rights to AO. I'm not sure if he'll actually play for the Kings or not this season, but will likely be with their D-League affiliate, whoever that may happen to be. Call me a mumu, but I'm just too lazy to look it up right now.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
If he makes an NBA roster and gets signed, do we add him to the Uconn alumni NBA list ? What about Roscoe? Is it even up for discussion?

U

UCONNfan1

If he makes an NBA roster and gets signed, do we add him to the Uconn alumni NBA list ? What about Roscoe? Is it even up for discussion?
Some would say no, but in my mind, once a Husky, always a Husky. Guy helped lead us to a NC - I always had less an issue with him than with this father, who seemed to be a loose cannon. I choose to believe that anything Alex said that rubbed us the wrong way came from his advisers, or his father, not from the kid's heart...

Reaction Score
Some would say no, but in my mind, once a Husky, always a Husky. Guy helped lead us to a NC - I always had less an issue with him than with this father, who seemed to be a loose cannon. I choose to believe that anything Alex said that rubbed us the wrong way came from his advisers, or his father, not from the kid's heart...

Or was borne out of frustration and immaturity. I think he knows that he messed up.

Reaction Score
Apparently there's been a complex trade of some sort between Phoenix and Sacramento that retroactively gave them the draft rights to AO. I'm not sure if he'll actually play for the Kings or not this season, but will likely be with their D-League affiliate, whoever that may happen to be. Call me a mumu, but I'm just too lazy to look it up right now.

This was announced last week during one of the summer league games. It's a sign and trade for Isaiah Thomas to land in Phoenix and Oriakhi to Sac along witha $7 mil trade exception.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. They are alumni. Still find it hard to root for AO after the racism allegation made by his father. I am rooting for Roscoe though.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Yes. They are alumni. Still find it hard to root for AO after the racism allegation made by his father. I am rooting for Roscoe though.

I agree . Roscoe and AO are Uconn alumni. I hope AO makes it. Roscoe also.
I remember during our run in April , Coach Calhoun mentioned both of those guys name (on ESPN ) when he was asked about comparing the 2011 run. It was pure class and if he includes those guys that left , we should also .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They're just trading pieces of paper with Oriakhi's name on it.

Won't make much practical difference.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Alex Oriakhi was a UConn player because without him I would have never known his father's twitter feed. Thank you Alex.

Reaction Score
There is no danger of Alex making the Kings big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom