Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Teammates with Joson Sanon

2078D844-D8E9-4392-809F-F85C38AB2B5B.jpeg

Reaction Score
Teammates with Joson Sanon

View attachment 87795

I would expect him to go in 2025 FWIW. He's 2 years older than the rest of his class, which is why he has to play up in AAU.

Kid has potential to be #1 in his class if he stays 2026. Probably will be hard to beat out Boozer and Flagg in 2025. Put up ridiculous numbers in EYBL for his age. 20/6/3 on 50% shooting. 28% from 3, 88% from the line.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So this kid is like 14?

OK

is Hurley's dad recruiting for us? :)

Reaction Score
I would expect him to go in 2025 FWIW. He's 2 years older than the rest of his class, which is why he has to play up in AAU.

Kid has potential to be #1 in his class if he stays 2026. Probably will be hard to beat out Boozer and Flagg in 2025. Put up ridiculous numbers in EYBL for his age. 20/6/3 on 50% shooting. 28% from 3, 88% from the line.
I guess the question then is why would he do the former if the latter is true?

Reaction Score
I guess the question then is why would he do the former if the latter is true?

If he's going to be one-and-done going earlier makes more sense. Extra year of an NBA salary.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doesn't this sound like a plan? Top programs have a plan.

Reaction Score
Saw this in an ESPN Insider's article. Sounds like his and Karaban's parents need to talk.

"My parents have made academics a priority since I was young," said Dybantsa, who won his state's Gatorade player of the year honor as a freshman.

Reaction Score
From Nike EYBL yesterday.

In the class of 2026, 6-foot-8 small forward AJ Dybantsa looks like an early frontrunner for the No. 1 spot. If he isn’t No. 1 when we rank the class for the first time after the summer, he won’t be far off. While he didn’t have a great night for Expressions in a loss to Team CP3 while scoring 12 points and grabbing five rebounds, how hard he made older players work to stop him was quite notable. He’s long, he is gifted athletically (his second and third leaping ability is absurd), and he’s got a big-time ceiling.

Reaction Score
I've said this on another thread, but I watched him at the NEPSAC finals. Kid has work to do defensively and in gaining strength but he's an amazing prospect. Offensive skill is through the roof and he's very athletic. Second best player on the court that day behind Elmarko Jackson who is a 2+ year older 5* point guard.

Talked to another NEPSAC coach who made it seem like his parents want him to stay at St. Seb's which I would think could help UConn's chances but the Brewster/Montverde/IMG types will come calling this summer

Reaction Score
I've said this on another thread, but I watched him at the NEPSAC finals. Kid has work to do defensively and in gaining strength but he's an amazing prospect. Offensive skill is through the roof and he's very athletic. Second best player on the court that day behind Elmarko Jackson who is a 2+ year older 5* point guard.

Talked to another NEPSAC coach who made it seem like his parents want him to stay at St. Seb's which I would think could help UConn's chances but the Brewster/Montverde/IMG types will come calling this summer
Word I have heard is that he will go to Brewster

Reaction Score
Another who we have to mention one more time is 2026 stud AJ Dybantsa. After some tough sledding on Friday night, the athletic 6-foot-7 wing was dynamic all weekend long. He’s crazy athletic for a rising sophomore but even more impressive is how hard he plays and how physical he's willing to despite a slender frame and the fact that he’s playing up against older players on Expressions 17U squad. He is almost impossible to keep out of the lane, is a respectable jump shooter and is also a pretty clever playmaker for others. It’s really early, but he looks like the complete package and is averaging over 20 points, six rebounds and nearly four assists per game. Alabama, Boston College, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Providence, UConn and Washington have now offered and it’s only a matter of time before everybody else jumps in.

Reaction Score
Another who we have to mention one more time is 2026 stud AJ Dybantsa. After some tough sledding on Friday night, the athletic 6-foot-7 wing was dynamic all weekend long. He’s crazy athletic for a rising sophomore but even more impressive is how hard he plays and how physical he's willing to despite a slender frame and the fact that he’s playing up against older players on Expressions 17U squad. He is almost impossible to keep out of the lane, is a respectable jump shooter and is also a pretty clever playmaker for others. It’s really early, but he looks like the complete package and is averaging over 20 points, six rebounds and nearly four assists per game. Alabama, Boston College, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Providence, UConn and Washington have now offered and it’s only a matter of time before everybody else jumps in.

Kid is stupidly talented. Love that we're putting in the work with him and Joson Sanon early.

Reaction Score
Being that home is special to him, Dybantsa is also considering playing at home in the Northeast in college.

“It’s definitely a consideration [to stay home in the Northeast]. I don’t have any specific schools I want to go to but, it’s definitely a consideration,” said Dybantsa

One school that may be hard to turn down is UConn, as they recently offered Dybantsa.

“[It’s] exciting, I know that they just won a national championship, so it’s a blessing. Any offer is really a blessing,” said Dybantsa.

Is Connecticut in the Northeast? :)

Reaction Score
Being that home is special to him, Dybantsa is also considering playing at home in the Northeast in college.

“It’s definitely a consideration [to stay home in the Northeast]. I don’t have any specific schools I want to go to but, it’s definitely a consideration,” said Dybantsa

One school that may be hard to turn down is UConn, as they recently offered Dybantsa.

“[It’s] exciting, I know that they just won a national championship, so it’s a blessing. Any offer is really a blessing,” said Dybantsa.

Is Connecticut in the Northeast? :)

But but but I was reliably informed by so many that a local school is not a selling point.

Reaction Score

The guy: 2026 SF AJ Dybantsa

When looking through this roster, as things went from 39 to 18, and now they are competing for the final 12, one thing has been a constant; AJ Dybantsa has the highest upside of the players in attendance. Already standing 6-foot-8, the wing has very fluid athleticism with a natural burst.

Dybantsa has shown the full scoring arsenal throughout camp. The jump shot is smooth, and the mechanics are consistent. The footwork in the mid-range is advanced, both when establishing space in the mid-post and with one/two dribble pull-ups. In a gym that has numerous future first-round picks, Dybantsa continues to be the one that turns heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom